Wallace Confirmed As Warburton's Captain

JR

Well done to him.

He doesn't have to be a shouter to lead by example.

I noticed when Oduwa came on that Lee was first to approach him and greet him.

You know, folk say that he isn't vocal enough but on the pitch he is always talking to the players around him - not sure what some are expecting.

You know, folk say that he isn't vocal enough but on the pitch he is always talking to the players around him - not sure what some are expecting.

See that's the bastard when you only see it on TV, you don't see that.

I've no really been bothered about the vocal thing as there's a few teams where the captain is like that and it doesn't do them any harm.

I think Tavernier is the best thing to happen to Lee Wallace, we relied on him way too much the past few years and now we have someone on the other side flying up and down and it seems to have lifted a massive weight off Lee's shoulders.

Slowly but surely getting back to the player we knew he could be.

See that's the bastard when you only see it on TV, you don't see that.

I've no really been bothered about the vocal thing as there's a few teams where the captain is like that and it doesn't do them any harm.

I think Tavernier is the best thing to happen to Lee Wallace, we relied on him way too much the past few years and now we have someone on the other side flying up and down and it seems to have lifted a massive weight off Lee's shoulders.

Slowly but surely getting back to the player we knew he could be.

Aye he looks leaner and getting back to his old self. We just have a much better balance to our team - we aren't relying on Waldo to make things happen. We have creative players ahead who can make the space for him to exploit. His strength is making that late run into space from deep - the whole team seems to be setup to allow him and/or Tav to do it.