Rangers Tv On Android & Abroad

Assegai

Got couple of noddy questions re: the game tomorrow night - hope someone with experience can help.

1) Can I purchase and watch a game using an Android tablet (5.1)?

2) I'm normally in the UK but this week I'm in Germany for work - will I be able to watch? ie what is the critical factor; my geolocation by IP or my registered home address?

Thanks in advance.

If you install Puffin Browser on your android device it should work. Puffin has a flash player embedded in the browser and will play live Rangerstv games abroad. If you are signed in with a German IP address you will get the live feed.

If you install Puffin Browser on your android device it should work. Puffin has a flash player embedded in the browser and will play live Rangerstv games abroad. If you are signed in with a German IP address you will get the live feed.

I have used Puffin for my IPad and have had zero issues with RTV

• 1 month later...

For people trying to watch rangers tv on an Android device, I just bought an app on the google store to cast any web site to my chromecast. it works great and gets around the need for Adobe Flash Player, which will not work with Android phones and tablets. This is great because you could not cast Puffin to the chromecast to view on the television, you needed a hdmi cable hookup from my laptop to the tv. So much easier to cast from my Samsung phone. The app is called TV Cast. Makes it a bit easier to watch the worlds best team, and only cost $3.99 Canadian. Hope it is helpful .

Should have stated that this eliminates the need to use Puffin, it works directly from the official Rangerstv site.

I don't suppose you know if it works for iPhone?

Not sure about Iphones, but the initial download of the app was free. After testing on my android phone, I decided to buy the app to get rid of the ads and open all the functions. Try the free download and test with the IPhone. Here is the link. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.twokit.castbrowser. Found a link for apple stuff...https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/video-tv-cast-browser-for/id907405413?mt=8

Was in Majorca last week (not so stealth holiday thread!) & tried to order the StJ game through my iPad.

Message came up to the effect they knew I was using an iPad & that RTV was not configured for streaming live to iPads, but I could watch the later showings ok.

Then tried on a wee tablet that the missus got free with her phone & RTV worked perfectly.

Tbh this tablet came with no paperwork, so I can only assume it is some sort of android, but the end result was excellent (pictures, that is, not game!).

Not sure about Iphones, but the initial download of the app was free. After testing on my android phone, I decided to buy the app to get rid of the ads and open all the functions. Try the free download and test with the IPhone. Here is the link. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.twokit.castbrowser. Found a link for apple stuff...https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/video-tv-cast-browser-for/id907405413?mt=8

I can watch, and Cast, all the programmes on RTV, but I wonder if the Live games will be the same.. Hopefully.

I can watch, and Cast, all the programmes on RTV, but I wonder if the Live games will be the same.. Hopefully.

This might be tricky if you are in the UK. I have a feeling live might be a problem. I use a program to change my Internet connection from Canada to either US or Germany to use Netflix. The shows work fine on my laptop or phone, but if it is title not available in Canada and I cast to my chromecast, it has not changed from my Canadian Internet and will not play. I cant think of a way to change the chromecast internet settings to another country. I am confident it should work ok for the live match for me in Canada..I will post results

This might be tricky if you are in the UK. I have a feeling live might be a problem. I use a program to change my Internet connection from Canada to either US or Germany to use Netflix. The shows work fine on my laptop or phone, but if it is title not available in Canada and I cast to my chromecast, it has not changed from my Canadian Internet and will not play. I cant think of a way to change the chromecast internet settings to another country. I am confident it should work ok for the live match for me in Canada..I will post res

M8 I use Google Chrome ( with Hola to fake out my IP address) and have no problems using Google Cast to Chromecast

This might be tricky if you are in the UK. I have a feeling live might be a problem. I use a program to change my Internet connection from Canada to either US or Germany to use Netflix. The shows work fine on my laptop or phone, but if it is title not available in Canada and I cast to my chromecast, it has not changed from my Canadian Internet and will not play. I cant think of a way to change the chromecast internet settings to another country. I am confident it should work ok for the live match for me in Canada..I will post results

That's not a problem as I am abroad, and have the full package. I was thinking that Flash might be a problem.