St Johnstone Email

Dan Deacon

How?

I agree its not lower league football and the price isnt too bad.

But boardrooms not putting their money where their mouth is is what got half the fans to stop attending, why should it be any different for Dave King?

I dont really like these arguments, but I dislike the double standard from some even more. Are folk basically saying that the old board would have been allowed to continue for as long as they liked had the football been half decent? Because a large proportion of those who stopped attending said it was nothing about the football, it was about the board being incompetent, taking loans, not investing. Yet some of the same folk now say that because the football is so good that we shouldnt worry about the boardroom stuff?

All I want is for King to just do what he said he'd do. So many folk have either got bad memories or theyre just ignoring the fact that King has done none of what he or those fighting his corner said he would do.

And you can say "youre just being negative" and I dont want to be negative but I just cant help but get frustrated over what I see as a double standard from our own support.

Ill never stop attending due to boardrooms, ill be at the St Johnstone game. But if King just kept some of his promises, or even just put some money into an account for the Club just to prove he intents to invest that Id probably never feel the need to bring up boardrooms again, I hate boardroom pish but with the amount of shit that boardrooms and fans backing one side or the pther has caused then I feel this needs to be addressed.

Because it should never have happened in the first place. Two wrongs don't make a right, and all that.

You shouldn't be concerned with other people's double standards so much as doing the right thing by the club. We'll see if King supports the club, but in the end, it doesn't make any difference to the necessity of fans being fans.

We can't make our support of Rangers depend on Dave King. It's that simple. If the club didn't seem to be being run well, that's different. But it does now (unlike the previous board... not putting money in wasn't their big issue), so we can't hang around hoping for Dave King's money. All that'll do is return us to ruin.

The Dave King obsession has to stop. To be fair, it mostly has. If he's lied, he's lied. Bottom line is, whether way, we need to progress.

And for the record, I don't think we'll find out for sure if he has, or has not lied for a good while.