Josh Windass

Number6

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a tough job with the pitch and the way AS were playing. He's a willing runner and can see flashes of quick thinking there. Hopefully on a decent pitch when he's able to get on the ball more we'll see what he can do.

I watched the game. It was pish and the pitch was worse. I'll hold my judgement on Josh until I've seen him play a few games for us with better players around him. He's got a good burst of pace, which will be great for us on the counter (not that we'll be countering much with the possession we'll have), but it looks like he's willing to be direct and knows where the net is. Can certainly understand why MW would want him for the way we play. As far as I'm concerned, he'll have a clean slate when he starts with us. The rest is up to him.

Also at this stage of the game, you need to think is injuring my self worth the cause, from a selfish point of view they have a new club and contract, i cant say id be flinging myself at every opertunity. I'd be thinking why did i not get offerd a viable reason to stay, business is business and football is theres, for me i'd be in holiday mode  

57 minutes ago, AGC123 said:

Also at this stage of the game, you need to think is injuring my self worth the cause, from a selfish point of view they have a new club and contract, i cant say id be flinging myself at every opertunity. I'd be thinking why did i not get offerd a viable reason to stay, business is business and football is theres, for me i'd be in holiday mode  

At one point, he went down in the box and landed on his knee, just like Waggy. I shit myself, but he got back up after the old magic sponge done it's job. Actually, I think if you fell out a plane and landed on that pitch, you would get back up. Grass looked longer than my back garden, so plenty cushioning.

I agree with what some others are saying.  I watched the game and it was awful.  I thought Crooks and Windass would be coming here to push for starting places but maybe squad players is where they're at right now.  I guess we wont know until they get here.

Certainly room for improvement, but I'm basing that off seeing him in this one game.

Do I see the raw talent? Definitely.

Do I believe MW can make him better? Yes.

Be good to see how he gets on in the game on Wednesday.

• 1 month later...