Walts surprise dealings so far..

JR

Walt pulled JCD and Roy Carroll out of the hat, taking both us and the media completely by surprise. This although nerve-racking at times, it is a tactic i love - it keeps us all on our toes.

After a quiet weekend in terms of media reported transfer activity - coupled with the quote that Walt hopes to have "a few more announcements soon" are you:

a) excited about the next few weeks leading up to the CL deadline/transfer window closure?

or

b) are you dreading it?

And why?

Guest The Brown Brogue
Walt pulled JCD and Roy Carroll out of the hat, taking both us and the media completely by surprise. This although nerve-racking at times, it is a tactic i love - it keeps us all on our toes.

After a quiet weekend in terms of media reported transfer activity - coupled with the quote that Walt hopes to have "a few more announcements soon" are you:

a) excited about the next few weeks leading up to the CL deadline/transfer window closure?

or

b) are you dreading it?

And why?

Im not so sure about that....

We had been linked with JCD the past two summers, and the papers have had us linked with Carroll for a couple of months now.

or

b) are you dreading it?

And why?

We had been linked with JCD the past two summers, and the papers have had us linked with Carroll for a couple of months now.

We are linked with Smith & Fowler every year but nothing comes of it.

The point i was making was there was no "Gers bid for JCD" or "Bain meets with Carroll" headlines - the first we knew about it was confirmation they had signed..

now do you expect more of the same?

I'll try again??? If this appears twice my apologies having a wee bit of a problem with posting, don't know why.

I'll reserve judgement until the end of the transfer window, but to be honest I think the current squad is good enough to get through the first round of the CL qualifiers at the very least, irrespective of who we end up playing.

Out of the current signings I'm more interested in Beasley, Cuellar and Gow, JCD I think will do a job for us but will have to wait and see.

Out of the rest of them, I think they'll be there to help bolster the squad and give adequate cover in their respective areas but not necessary first team starters.

Guest The Brown Brogue

or

b) are you dreading it?

And why?

The point i was making was there was no "Gers bid for JCD" or "Bain meets with Carroll" headlines - the first we knew about it was confirmation they had signed..

I think the problem doesn't lie with us, bit with the selling team.

What I mean is, for example the Naismith saga, I'm sure we want to keep any potential deals out of the press, but theres nothing we can do about it when the players agent and the selling club go public to attract more bids.

It is no coincidence that the only signings which have not been in the papers have been our Bosmans.

I expect any potential buys to go be conducted in the same way as Naismith, McCulloch, Beasley, Cuellar and be long drawn out affairs with made-up 'exclusives' from insiders....

What I am saying in a rambling, long-drawn out way, is that I believe we want all our deals to be concluded in the manner of JCD and Carroll, but that just not going to happen.

or

b) are you dreading it?

And why?

I think the problem doesn't lie with us, bit with the selling team.

What I mean is, for example the Naismith saga, I'm sure we want to keep any potential deals out of the press, but theres nothing we can do about it when the players agent and the selling club go public to attract more bids.

It is no coincidence that the only signings which have not been in the papers have been our Bosmans.

I expect any potential buys to go be conducted in the same way as Naismith, McCulloch, Beasley, Cuellar and be long drawn out affairs with made-up 'exclusives' from insiders....

What I am saying in a rambling, long-drawn out way, is that I believe we want all our deals to be concluded in the manner of JCD and Carroll, but that just not going to happen.

Fair points buddy (tu)

Walt's tactics in the transfer window are great, even if the players are yet to prove themselves. The one upmanship he has over the Scottish media is quite exceptional. :D

Im excited and dreading it at the same time.I think Walters way is the best way and this excites me that I am never quite sure whos coming in.But Im dreading it incase we ACTUALLY sign McCulloch. <cr>

Im excited and dreading it at the same time.I think Walters way is the best way and this excites me that I am never quite sure whos coming in.But Im dreading it incase we ACTUALLY sign McCulloch. <cr>

Haha - i have to agree with that.

Altho if McCulloch does come in - im willing to keep counsel until he performs in a gers strip and hope against hope that Walt has seen something that im yet to see and he proves us all wrong...

But like all things...time will tell :)

I'm not all that excited. Deals for Whittaker and McCulloch are rumoured to be close, if so thats £4million+ spent on 2 mediocre players, that doesnt excite me one bit. After that I dont see us bringing much else in. Maybe a few back-up players?

I'm not all that excited. Deals for Whittaker and McCulloch are rumoured to be close, if so thats £4million+ spent on 2 mediocre players, that doesnt excite me one bit. After that I dont see us bringing much else in. Maybe a few back-up players?

Fair enough

Altho we cant be sure about Whittaker, our interest or the quoted amount.

Fair enough

Altho we cant be sure about Whittaker, our interest or the quoted amount.

Hopefully the rumours about Whittaker are miles out and that Wigan and Rangers cant agree a fee for McCulloch.

The McCulloch deal has been going on so long now Im starting to wonder if its not a smokescreen so Walter can pursue other targets.Or there again thats probably wishful thinking on my part.

The McCulloch deal has been going on so long now

Yeah since January when we offered £750k, a price which is more than enough for him!

smith signed the kilmarnock reserve goalie graeme smith a few weeks back as understudy to mcgregor, obviously walter has seen smith in training over the last week and realised how bad he really is and thought he better cover his tracks here before the fans find out he is hopeless in the tranfers market

no doubt the yes men will keep onside,lets pretend the summer is wonderful.

MURRAY OUT :rolleyes: