Stewart Robertson tells the truth in the Herald

Sorry, but SR may be the nicest guy going but (and I've said this before), he is too nice to be in the position he is at The Club, and all his well intentioned diplomacy will not put off the onslaught of lies and fables that our detractors have and continue to reinvent on a daily basis, and I don't mean from scummy bloggers, or poisoned hacks, I mean from within the SFA, SPFL and SPFL teams'  boardrooms, where the major damage has come from.

Until we start making loud noises followed up with action we will forever be at the mercy of these people, and we will need a voice a lot stronger than SR"s Mr nice guy approach.

This Hampden fiasco can be the stepping stone, and the response from The Club was rightly strong and forceful, more in the same vein is what is required followed up with the appropriate aforementioned action, or it will all be just a waste of time, and we will be seen to be all mouth and no substance ....... just another random noising off to no avail.

:7325:

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Seriously?  I don't ever see Stewart having the battle fever on, not his style.  This one question and his answer sums up, for me, the weakness of the man.

Many Rangers fans feel they have been unfairly treated in the last five years. Do you agree?

“I can see why Rangers fans feel they have been given a hard time over the last four or five years. Part of the rationale behind Club 1872 is to give the Rangers fans a voice and stand up for the Rangers fans. Some Rangers fans have felt vilified over the last four or five years.”

He fails to answer the question on whether he agrees or not, which he should have stated categorically.  He also failed to give specific examples of why the fans are upset.

His interview answers totally lacked substance and were too fluffy for me.

His interview seemed so far removed from the board statements after the cup final, I wonder if he has read them.  :unsure:

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

Sorry, but SR may be the nicest guy going but (and I've said this before), he is too nice to be in the position he is at The Club, and all his well intentioned diplomacy will not put off the onslaught of lies and fables that our detractors have and continue to reinvent on a daily basis, and I don't mean from scummy bloggers, or poisoned hacks, I mean from within the SFA, SPFL and SPFL teams'  boardrooms, where the major damage has come from.

Until we start making loud noises followed up with action we will forever be at the mercy of these people, and we will need a voice a lot stronger than SR"s Mr nice guy approach.

This Hampden fiasco can be the stepping stone, and the response from The Club was rightly strong and forceful, more in the same vein is what is required followed up with the appropriate aforementioned action, or it will all be just a waste of time, and we will be seen to be all mouth and no substance ....... just another random noising off to no avail.

:7325:

Bang on with that. If we don't keep the hard line, we're fucked.