Kenny Miller.

Yesterday was the second match of the entire season with only one pre-season friendly prior to this.

Miller will be a squad player this year assuming we remain injury and suspension free. We have a lot of options up top already and if Dodoo and another striker signs then we will have plenty to choose from.

Did he have a good game? No but that doesn't make him shite.

i don't think many players played that well yesterday but I didn't see any other attackers run nearly the full length of the pitch to do hallidays job as DM to defend an attack. Forrester, Holt, Halliday, Wilson, Kiernan, Tav (defensively) were all pretty poor but until we hit the first game of the league campaign it would be a little harsh to deal such damning verdicts on their ability for the coming season.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I'm with the OP. Fuck it, our standards should be higher. If you have one shite game, regardless if you've been, probably, the best player in the 2nd half of the previous season then you can GTF.

Not having it..Wouldn't matter if it was Messi or Miller, same rules apply. One shite game your out!

:belm2:

1 minute ago, Shuggy said:

I suspect a player his age will take longer to shake off the pre-season cobwebs...

Still is pre-season though that's the thing and he's being expected to go back into competitive matches after 1 friendly. Season doesn't start till 6th, and we've got another 4(?) competitive matches and some friendly's. 

Just now, don logan said:

Fuck sake. One game. The first game and you've hung him for this season? Bonkers.

Nope.

Frustrated by him last season too very often. Though he did better than I expected of him.

But you too seem to reckon he was poor yesterday. Cool.

And if we do

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Yesterday was the second match of the entire season with only one pre-season friendly prior to this.

Miller will be a squad player this year assuming we remain injury and suspension free. We have a lot of options up top already and if Dodoo and another striker signs then we will have plenty to choose from.

Did he have a good game? No but that doesn't make him shite.

i don't think many players played that well yesterday but I didn't see any other attackers run nearly the full length of the pitch to do hallidays job as DM to defend an attack. Forrester, Holt, Halliday, Wilson, Kiernan, Tav (defensively) were all pretty poor but until we hit the first game of the league campaign it would be a little harsh to deal such damning verdicts on their ability for the coming season.

Mckay, O'halloran, Windass, Niko and imo waggy all got pass marks. 

All front players.

Miller didn't. 

Agree or not?

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Nope.

Frustrated by him last season too very often. Though he did better than I expected of him.

And if we do

All front players.

Miller didn't. 

Agree or not?

Far too early to judge anyone. Re-visit maybe in ten games time.

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Still is pre-season though that's the thing and he's being expected to go back into competitive matches after 1 friendly. Season doesn't start till 6th, and we've got another 4(?) competitive matches and some friendly's. 

Tav lost possession plenty times and has been criticised.

I watched back the game, that I was at so saw the full picture, and confirmed Miller offered little other than enthusiasm, one cross, but lost us possession near on 15 times.

Will preseason change this.....?

12 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I'm with the OP. Fuck it, our standards should be higher. If you have one shite game, regardless if you've been, probably, the best player in the 2nd half of the previous season then you can GTF.

Not having it..Wouldn't matter if it was Messi or Miller, same rules apply. One shite game your out!

Dick.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Nope.

And if we do

All front players.

Miller didn't. 

Agree or not?

BALLCHL.jpg

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Tav lost possession plenty times and has been criticised.

I watched back the game, that I was at so saw the full picture, and confirmed Miller offered little other than enthusiasm, one cross, but lost us possession near on 15 times.

Will preseason change this.....?

Agree with Tav, he's good going forward but his defensive duties need work. He's making small improvements mind you but he's easily beaten. 

Miller I did notice giving the ball away and it's something I seen a bit towards the end of last season. It seems that he needs some "start up time". He should be an impact sub like we seen last season. 

He still has something though, he has strikers intuition still and the semi final goal showed that. 

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

What about Wes? 
And other players?

Wes got a pass too.

Thread is about Miller hence I've commented on some of those he's competing against for a place.

Mentioned 5. Was he better than any of them?

Assuming all those and another 2 come in should KM be in our best starting 11?

Wes got a pass too.

Thread is about Miller hence I've commented on some of those he's competing against for a place.

Mentioned 5. Was he better than any of them?

Assuming all those and another 2 come in should KM be in our best starting 11?

I'll see how he is after July finishes, it is an early time to start competitive matches. I do think he has a place in the team. 

Likely to start in big games to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Agree with Tav, he's good going forward but his defensive duties need work. He's making small improvements mind you but he's easily beaten. 

Miller I did notice giving the ball away and it's something I seen a bit towards the end of last season. It seems that he needs some "start up time". He should be an impact sub like we seen last season. 

He still has something though, he has strikers intuition still and the semi final goal showed that. 

Watch game again specifically for how often he loses possession, and how often when he is in the 9 role he goes awol. 

Honestly, worth 90 minutes of your time it's incredible.

Watch game again specifically for how often he loses possession, and how often when he is in the 9 role he goes awol. 

Honestly, worth 90 minutes of your time it's incredible.

Like I said, I did notice him giving away possession and get beat. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I did notice it happening towards the end of the last season. 

For the awol thing, I think it's just the position rotation they do. If the supporters can't keep track of the players than the opposition will be having just as much trouble which is too our advantage. 

I don't like him going down to help defenders however,  I noticed him, Barrie and Micheal doing it. I like the idea behind it but it's the Defenders and midfields job 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

At the game yesterday thought he was poor, lost possession, broke up our play and on the whole contributed little.

Watched it again today and other than a cross onto Waggys head he provided zilch other than enthusiasm. 

Hope he is a bench player at most this season. If even that.

First game back- do behave:lol:

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

How did he perform?

How did every other front player perform?

If we sign 2 more does this affect his place?

How does he justify a starting 11 place?

Do answer ??

The gaffer says most will get a starting place over these few cup games and it's being seen almost as pre season friendlies. He wasn't at his best but many weren't. Even before yesterday I assumed he would be more of a squad player this year but you can't rule out a player on the basis of one early game after how he performed at the end of last season. 

Would you expect your Mrs to kick you out after one bad night session???

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Right or wrong though?

I think I summed up my feelings on the matter in my first response. He didn't play well yesterday and I also don't think he has it in him to play 25+ games this year. Give the number of players we have (and are still trying to sign) across the front 3 I'd say it's clear we will rely on him less. Remember last year we had to use him due to waghorns injury and thank fuck we had him.

i think everyone in the thread is of the same opinion that he's going to be a squad player this year but you seem to be a bit more forceful in your opinion. He'll have a part to play this year and I wouldn't be surprised if he scores against them again.

14 minutes ago, Bluebearfifi said:

The gaffer says most will get a starting place over these few cup games and it's being seen almost as pre season friendlies. He wasn't at his best but many weren't. Even before yesterday I assumed he would be more of a squad player this year but you can't rule out a player on the basis of one early game after how he performed at the end of last season. 

Would you expect your Mrs to kick you out after one bad night session???

So a squad player?

Agreed.