Fans???

6superbarry6

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

How many international quality players does our current squad have ?

If you managed to make 16 from McCoist's squad

Gilks, Wallace, Wilson, Kranjcar, Hodson, McKay, Miller, Senderos, Dodoo, Rossiter

There could also be an argument for a number of others in our squad like Holt and Halliday. Barton is also a former international.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We lost a full squad of international quality players these have never been replaced it'll take a lot more than a couple of million to do this and wage bill is a fraction of the bheasts if we want to be winning titles and playing in Europe again we need to massively improve our squad and takes real investment King has to step up or fuck off

Rocket!

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Warburton spent a couple million on players this summer and doubled our wage bill. This suggestion he hasn't been backed is nonsense

He hasn't been backed financially though has he ? King stated and it's out there for all to see,That the team we build to win the championship has to be the team that challenges for the SP and he also said that he would overspend if he had to... You can't challenge for the league by spending a couple of million,Not the size of a club like Rangers.

There is not near enough the quality required and some of the signings leaves you scratching your head,Spending £1.5/£1.8m on Garner when strikers isn't something we need is even more bizarre.

But here is the strange thing about this league.... Aberdeen and Hearts don't have anywhere near the budget Rangers have but managed to finish 2nd and 3rd last season.. So in theory Rangers shouldn't have any problem finishing 2nd this season,But the problem is that every team that plays Rangers treat it like a cup final and give more against Rangers than all the other teams they play.

Think of a car race every week... You have a Ferrari and racing against mini's,Vauxhall's and Fords and failing to win your races or drawing with much less quality cars and less powerful... That big very expensive Ferrari would be back to the garage and questions asked why it wasn't performing,A quick diagnostic would show that it wasn't firing on all cylinders and a few tweaks and the right firing order would have it much better and performing the way it should.. That's very similar to what's happening right now with the team.

But we still lack quality and are absolutely toothless up front despite spending most of our budget on one player who at times looks lost on the pitch,played out of position and at times looks extremely frustrated.

Will everything click into place ? Time will tell,But if King thinks we will win the league by spending a couple of million quid he's totally deluded.

Just now, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

He hasn't been backed financially though has he ? King stated and it's out there for all to see,That the team we build to win the championship has to be the team that challenges for the SP and he also said that he would overspend if he had to... You can't challenge for the league by spending a couple of million,Not the size of a club like Rangers.

There is not near enough the quality required and some of the signings leaves you scratching your head,Spending £1.5/£1.8m on Garner when strikers isn't something we need is even more bizarre.

But here is the strange thing about this league.... Aberdeen and Hearts don't have anywhere near the budget Rangers have but managed to finish 2nd and 3rd last season.. So in theory Rangers shouldn't have any problem finishing 2nd this season,But the problem is that every team that plays Rangers treat it like a cup final and give more against Rangers than all the other teams they play.

Think of a car race every week... You have a Ferrari and racing against mini's,Vauxhall's and Fords and failing to win your races or drawing with much less quality cars and less powerful... That big very expensive Ferrari would be back to the garage and questions asked why it wasn't performing,A quick diagnostic would show that it wasn't firing on all cylinders and a few tweaks and the right firing order would have it much better and performing the way it should.. That's very similar to what's happening right now with the team.

But we still lack quality and are absolutely toothless up front despite spending most of our budget on one player who at times looks lost on the pitch,played out of position and at times looks extremely frustrated.

Will everything click into place ? Time will tell.

You can't challenge for the league by spending a couple million...unless your name is Walter Smith or Alex McLeish I guess.

King said that the team that won the league last season is the team that challenges for the title this year? Any links? I've never read or heard that quote anywhere. 

If he hasn't been backed financially why was he given 1.8m to spend on Garner who, as you say, wasn't what was needed? That's hardly taking the cheap option if he is someone we don't need. Oddly you then say we lack quality up-front and are toothless. Despite saying we didn't need new strikers.

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Stand by my post of weeks ago. I'll give him until end of October when we have played every club once.

Currently sitting 7th, ultimately 10 points behind Celtic having picked 9 points from a possible 21 is pushing relegation material and worrying. 

Thistle, hearts, st johnstone and Inverness to play. He now needs 12 points in my eyes. 

Hearts wont be played until after October.

You can't challenge for the league by spending a couple million...unless your name is Walter Smith or Alex McLeish I guess.

King said that the team that won the league last season is the team that challenges for the title this year? Any links? I've never read or heard that quote anywhere. 

If he hasn't been backed financially why was he given 1.8m to spend on Garner who, as you say, wasn't what was needed? That's hardly taking the cheap option if he is someone we don't need. Oddly you then say we lack quality up-front and are toothless. Despite saying we didn't need new strikers.

Walter Smith and Alex McLeish had a far greater amount to spend than Warburton.

That's what he said and pretty sure it's on a Rangers tv video,His exact words were " The team that wins the championship,Has to be the team that challenges in the premier league against Celtc,We can't afford to build a team for the championship and a new team for the Premier league ".

Rangers then go out in the summer and buy 11 new players,He also said that if we have to over invest " we will ".

Kings statements are full of contradictions,In one interview he stated that we could challenge celtc,In another he stated he would be happy with second... There are many others that are easy to find.

If spending around £2m is Kings idea of over investment in the team to challenge for the league title then we can wave any idea for now or the near future of winning the league.

We don't need strikers,We need defenders,We were toothless before Garner signed and still toothless after he signed,The way things are going just now we would have to spend around anything between £15m-~£20m to compete for the title,That would get us the quality we require to then compete,Problem is unless some sugar daddy comes along willing to throw that kind of cash around then we will be also rans for years to come and that's the harsh reality of it.

When did Walter ever only have a couple of million to challenge for the league? Come on now.

We don't need defenders. Excluding the Celtic game we have conceded less goals than anyone in the Premiership.

Where have we built a new team this year? We've only typically had two or three new boys start at any time. Others are longer term signings, some are back-ups. We were always going to have to bring in a raft of new players over the summer due to others being out of contract and needing replaced and the lightness of our squad.

Was the manager unhappy with the backing he received or did he feel he had the ability to bring in the players needed to challenge?

I don't see where the contradiction of saying we should challenge them/he'd be happy with second this season. Wouldn't finishing second generally be considered as having been a title challenge?

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

not wanting to play tit for tat, but why single out one season in a 4.5 year reign under walter, he spent heehaw in 09/10 but what did he spent the season before when we fucked it in kaunas

Because that was the question I was asked.

"When did Walter only have a couple milion to challenge for the league?". The answer is 2009/10. He had fuck all to spend and still won the title.

Year before it he spent 17.5m and brought in 12.5m from player sales.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What did he spend in 2009/10? What was his net spend each year of his second spell?

Can't tell you off the top of my head what his spend was second time round but let's have a start with McCulloch,Miller,Thompson,Whittaker,Edu,Naismith,Davis,Jelavic,Lafferty, think that might be slightly more than 2 million and I will through in James Beatty for good measure.When you have a price for all them we can have a look at the rest.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because that was the question I was asked.

"When did Walter only have a couple milion to challenge for the league?". The answer is 2009/10. He had fuck all to spend and still won the title.

Year before it he spent 17.5m and brought in 12.5m from player sales.

a net spend of 5mill the year before when we were going to run at a massive loss already, thats massive financial backing,

check the title winning squad that walter started the 09/10 season with, and i'll highlight title winning squad

Just now, sammy cox said:

Can't tell you off the top of my head what his spend was second time round but let's have a start with McCulloch,Miller,Thompson,Whittaker,Edu,Naismith,Davis,Jelavic,Lafferty, think that might be slightly more than 2 million and I will through in James Beatty for good measure.When you have a price for all them we can have a look at the rest.

Those are signings across three separate seasons.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We don't need defenders. Excluding the Celtic game we have conceded less goals than anyone in the Premiership.

Where have we built a new team this year? We've only typically had two or three new boys start at any time. Others are longer term signings, some are back-ups. We were always going to have to bring in a raft of new players over the summer due to others being out of contract and needing replaced and the lightness of our squad.

Was the manager unhappy with the backing he received or did he feel he had the ability to bring in the players needed to challenge?

I don't see where the contradiction of saying we should challenge them/he'd be happy with second this season. Wouldn't finishing second generally be considered as having been a title challenge?

Can't disagree with a lot you said there apart from one or two points.

Our defence is a shambles at times,Granted they looked slightly better today but still lost a goal through yet another defensive error which was just a long ball and a headed knock on.

We signed enough players to constitute a second team... Warburton is the one who keeps telling us we have signed 11 new players and how they all need to gel and i agree with what your saying in relation to only 2 or 3 of them playing at any one time,Listening to our manager at times you would think all these new players made up the full team.

If Warbuton thinks the players he's brought in are enough to win the title he's in for a very rude awakening and underestimating what's in front of us every week,Warburton may be naive that he thinks the players brought in are good enough quality.. Both you and me know they are not good enough..Championship level yes,But not the Premiership.

If Warburton thinks spending a couple of million is enough in a poor league to win it,Then in my opinion he does indeed underestimate the challenge we have,It might be a poor league but no matter who Rangers play it's a cup final.

I also agree that i would be more than happy in our first season back finishing second,But given the start we have had against the poorer teams in the league and struggled,Unless suddenly we find a bit of form and start scoring goals and winning games,I reckon if it continues the way it is we will be lucky to get a top five place.

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

a net spend of 5mill the year before when we were going to run at a massive loss already, thats massive financial backing,

check the title winning squad that walter started the 09/10 season with, and i'll highlight title winning squad

And the couple million MW has spent since January (and doubling our wagebill) isn't massive financial backing when we are still being run at a massive loss?

The title winning-squad featuring such RM favourites as Jig, Boyd, Stevie Smith, Broadfoot, Lafferty etc.

3 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

some of the comments from "supporters" on here beggars belief wanting Warburton sacked really? we'be come on leaps and bounds from the shambles McCoist left,the man clearly hasn't been backed in the transfer market by the board King should be the one criticism is aimed at he's spent fuck all free transfers and bargain basement signings aren't going to cut it 

this is how see it Warburton must take some blame obviously but I honestly don't think anyone could do a better job..

not gonna derail this thread but I don't rate any of our squad am super annoyed right now so at some point this week ill see some positives no doubt but I agree with your general point

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And the couple million MW has spent since January (and doubling our wagebill) isn't massive financial backing when we are still being run at a massive loss?

The title winning-squad featuring such RM favourites as Jig, Boyd, Stevie Smith, Broadfoot, Lafferty etc.

There's the rub. If this board can't afford to make the investment to mount a challenge to the scum, they shouldn't have been near us and the way it's going, we will be lucky to challenge those above us. We are not a mickey mouse club from the mountains.

The faults are all there for everyone to see and part of the problem is lack of investment. He may have doubled the wages, but on the wrong players.

I hate the myth that he didn't get backed financially. We've still got a much higher budget than anyone else besides Celtic and we're sitting 7th not even looking like winning a game anytime soon. 

He keeps persisting on this absolutely mind numbing playing it out from Foderingham just for us to end up hoofing it anyway. We're not direct enough. We're far too lightweight when it comes to 50/50s. We're simply not a good team and Warburton needs to take responsibility for that and IMO he needs to go. He clearly isn't cut out to manage Rangers in the top flight 

3 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

some of the comments from "supporters" on here beggars belief wanting Warburton sacked really? we'be come on leaps and bounds from the shambles McCoist left,the man clearly hasn't been backed in the transfer market by the board King should be the one criticism is aimed at he's spent fuck all free transfers and bargain basement signings aren't going to cut it 

If McCoist is the benchmark then we're as well giving up

It's not good enough end of

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

There's the rub. If this board can't afford to make the investment to mount a challenge to the scum, they shouldn't have been near us and the way it's going, we will be lucky to challenge those above us. We are not a mickey mouse club from the mountains.

The faults are all there for everyone to see and part of the problem is lack of investment. He may have doubled the wages, but on the wrong players.

We'll struggle challenge teams like Ross County this season and Joey Batons's yearly salary is probably more than all of their squads put together. Warburton has underestimated this league big time and I don't know how much more of his dross I can watch 

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Is MW unhappy with the level of investment? Did he spend all that was available to him for players? If not, why not?

So he did get more money, he just never spent it wisely?