ABOD Parade - Airdrie - 20th May - 12 noon

Hoodster

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, superally07 said:

Heading through shortly, anybody any tips on the best place to park close to the route? I don't know the area so something I can put into Google maps lol.

There's a fair bit of parking at aldi's and around that area,or Morrison's is decent and a minutes walk from the town centre. There's a wee car park further up just past the lodge which will have a few spaces

9 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

There's a fair bit of parking at aldi's and around that area,or Morrison's is decent and a minutes walk from the town centre. There's a wee car park further up just past the lodge which will have a few spaces

Cheers mate appreciated. Think I'll park at morrisons had a wee look on the map looks to be in a decent place. ?

9 hours ago, Queen's_highway said:

Can pick me n the wee man up. Ten mins away ;)

I need to take a couple of boys back from the wains football mate so won't make it over.

Brightening up here so should be a good day.

Hope everybody in attendance enjoys the occasion:crabflute::UK:

14 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I need to take a couple of boys back from the wains football mate so won't make it over.

Brightening up here so should be a good day.

Hope everybody in attendance enjoys the occasion:crabflute::UK:

My dads taking the wee man to the shows up the town centre. Woke up with my back in agony so won't be doing anything today 

2 hours ago, superally07 said:

Heading through shortly, anybody any tips on the best place to park close to the route? I don't know the area so something I can put into Google maps lol.

Park at Morrison's behind the court. Have a wee shandy in the bluebell bar opposite the court. Has some nice cultural tunes on the jukebox and also a pool table 

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He's trying tae be an arsehole, as usual.

I take it back about Cumbernauld now it's like a monsoon now.

I've never really came across wade Wilson. I know that k.a.I despises him with his posts. I take it he's just a knob?

Great parade other than the weather. Some great bands these days - excellent standard and healthy in numbers.  

GPB great as always.  Airdrie Grenadiers are a great little band now. Pollok and Pride of the Grange also stood out for me. 

2 hours ago, Hoodster said:

Great parade other than the weather. Some great bands these days - excellent standard and healthy in numbers.  

GPB great as always.  Airdrie Grenadiers are a great little band now. Pollok and Pride of the Grange also stood out for me. 

I take it the weather was bad?

I went down to watch the Greenock Murray club Apprentice boys and Greenock Grenadiers do the return leg but it was cancelled as the got soaked in Airdrie.

10 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I went down to watch the Greenock Murray club Apprentice boys and Greenock Grenadiers do the return leg but it was cancelled as the got soaked in Airdrie.

Cancelled because they got wet? please tell me this is not true, if it is then fucking hell we're in more trouble as a community than I thought possible. 

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Cancelled because they got wet? please tell me this is not true, if it is then fucking hell we're in more trouble as a community than I thought possible. 

That's what i heard mate, i was standing at the park they were departing from and an old couple stopped in their car and asked if i was waiting on them, when i said aye they told me this.

I drove back home and noticed they had already laid a wreath at the cenopath, that was supposed to conclude the return leg, so it was definately cancelled.

19 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

eather in cumbernauld was awful and im quite close to airdrie.

the uniforms get very heavy when wet so can understand it

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

That's what i heard mate, i was standing at the park they were departing from and an old couple stopped in their car and asked if i was waiting on them, when i said aye they told me this.

I drove back home and noticed they had already laid a wreath at the cenopath, that was supposed to conclude the return leg, so it was definately cancelled.

Not good at all, when I was in the band we would have paraded in anything and everything and all day, in fact bad weather made us stick the chest out further and think bring it on , fs m8. 

1 minute ago, Queen's_highway said:

Aye we got a few right heavy showers today down here aswell, was a bit annoyed because i haven't seen the new Greenock band the Grenadiers, the Greenock Young Defenders were a good band back in the day but were disbanded.

1 minute ago, Queen's_highway said:

Fucking hell m8 , 20 years ago we didn't give a fuck and fought everything, now we have become a shower of submitting cowards with no direction, ? bears den so fuck any lurkers. 

3 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Not good at all, when I was in the band we would have paraded in anything and everything and all day, in fact bad weather made us stick the chest out further and think bring it on , fs m8. 

That's not confirmed yet mate, but aye as you say the weather has never been an issue before.