David Edgar nails it again

K.A.I

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's only being mature and giving credit where it's due - I said further up the thread I used to think he was a banger in his RST days. 

Fair enough - also agree with eveything you’ve said there :lol:

I actually enjoyed hearing his thoughts, fair and pointed.

I don't think we are far away from fans voting with their feet at the moment, the one thing that kept us loyal was the base of the club being in it together, SDM may have been a spiv but the players and mgt team at that time were the base of our club - we can't say that now.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

I listen to his podcast now and enjoy it, on FF I used to have some real differences of opinion with him but he's changed a lot over the years and I find myself agreeing with him more.

Lol. David hasn’t changed one bit and I’ve known him since around 2004.

10 minutes ago, thesins said:

Lol. David hasn’t changed one bit and I’ve known him since around 2004.

I think he has changed or regrets some of the things he did in the past I remember arguing/discussing years back now on FF about we deserve better banners I said they would affect the team as when the players came out you could see they thought what the fuck even though it was not aimed at them, he discussed it in one of his pods and said it was a bad decision. Quite a while ago now right enough. 

I do not know him personally I must add.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

It's only being mature and giving credit where it's due - I said further up the thread I used to think he was a banger in his RST days. 

U said he was a banger in his RST days and tbf when listening to his podcast as I do every time something new is on it I think he actually admits to being a banger back then so I would say ur a good judge of character. I like listening to DE  and the few guys who are on the podcast with him. 

Can’t argue with any of that and he hits the nail on the head. What does irk me though about David Edgar is that when he was part of the RST and trying to get cosy with previous boards he was the epitomy of political correctness and would never call anyone out regardless of the charge. So while he is talking complete sense he can get to fuck because he used to back far worse than the current board when it suited his personal agenda.

27 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

U said he was a banger in his RST days and tbf when listening to his podcast as I do every time something new is on it I think he actually admits to being a banger back then so I would say ur a good judge of character. I like listening to DE  and the few guys who are on the podcast with him. 

Yes he loved himself at one time seems to have matured.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Yes he loved himself at one time seems to have matured.

I think he still loves himself and will admit that going by his podcast and I don’t know him or have even met him. After I had heard a couple of his podcasts I thought that he’s the type of guy who I’d like to sit and get a wee blether about Rangers. He knows a bit about Rangers past and present. The episodes that he answers the questions are good. 

8 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I think he still loves himself and will admit that going by his podcast and I don’t know him or have even met him. After I had heard a couple of his podcasts I thought that he’s the type of guy who I’d like to sit and get a wee blether about Rangers. He knows a bit about Rangers past and present. The episodes that he answers the questions are good. 

Not sure he matured more that he backed the wrong horse and no longer anything in it for him financially so now just says it as he sees it. He talks sense about the team etc but I don’t think we should be giving the guy airtime.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I challenge anyone to disagree with this. Well said that man - he knows how to word how we all feel succinctly. 

He's spot on, I think his opinion is a more accurate gauge of fan opinion, rather that what was written in the RO article.

https://www.rangersobserver.com/news/2017/11/22/Rangers-agm-2017-preview

9 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Not sure he matured more that he backed the wrong horse and no longer anything in it for him financially so now just says it as he sees it. He talks sense about the team etc but I don’t think we should be giving the guy airtime.

I’m only interested in the podcast that he does as per previous post I don’t know him nor have I met him. Talking about backing the wrong horse I don’t think we can hold that over him as most ppl backed that dick of a board to get in. Ppl do get it wrong from time to time. 

14 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I’m only interested in the podcast that he does as per previous post I don’t know him nor have I met him. Talking about backing the wrong horse I don’t think we can hold that over him as most ppl backed that dick of a board to get in. Ppl do get it wrong from time to time. 

Fair enough. I just don’t feel we should give him a platform again as when he was in a position of power within fan groups he used that for his own gain and didn’t seem to have the same opinion of most fans that he does now. Strange that.

7 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I have always been unsure about King but I would never hold it against bears who voted him in with his pie crust promises. King would never have been elected without the fans, fans held that power, and they hold the power to vote him out. 

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

Fair enough. I just don’t feel we should give him a platform again as when he was in a position of power within fan groups he used that for his own gain and didn’t seem to have the same opinion as most fans that he does now. Strange that.

I’m genuinely not being a dick here and trying to disagree with anything ur saying but I didn’t/don’t have a clue about RST stuff and the goings on I was probably to busy celebrating titles and the like. IMO we don’t need supporters groups whatever happened to paying ur dough to watch ur team win/lose/draw? 

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I have always been unsure about King but I would never hold it against bears who voted him in with his pie crust promises. King would never have been elected without the fans, fans held that power, and they hold the power to vote him out. 

I didn’t want king in and i want him out now as I can’t stand much more of him. I just want him and his board to publicly come out and say Rangers F.C. are up for sale and then see who comes in, I’m sick of ppl saying get behind him because there’s no one else to put money in, yes there’s no one else to put money in while king is there take that snake out the equation and we might get some financial backing but I don’t see investors willing to put dough in while he’s here. This board are overseeing everything that Is bad about us just now the surrender of the home form over Aberdeen the record pumping dishes out by the tramps back to back defeats against the 2 worst teams in the league and I could go on but my phone might just get launched off the wall if I think to much more about it. 

6 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I’m genuinely not being a dick here and trying to disagree with anything ur saying but I didn’t/don’t have a clue about RST stuff and the goings on I was probably to busy celebrating titles and the like. IMO we don’t need supporters groups whatever happened to paying ur dough to watch ur team win/lose/draw? 

Here here ?? Problem these days is that it’s watch our team lose or draw at best. It just makes you annoyed at all the petty shit as well. Anyway any news on a new manager? ?

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

Here here ?? Problem these days is that it’s watch our team lose or draw at best. It just makes you annoyed at all the petty shit as well. Anyway any news on a new manager? ?

I’m afraid I’m not an ITK guy but my gut feeling is that we will be underwhelmed.  Yes let’s watch our team lose or draw as that is all we get these days. We really are struggling I had tickets for that last night but couldn’t go and I feel sorry for the fans that went especially the ones from south Scotland and England to go all the way up there to watch that pitiful performance. I’m going up to Aberdeen next week and I’m dreading it already.

17 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I’m afraid I’m not an ITK guy but my gut feeling is that we will be underwhelmed.  Yes let’s watch our team lose or draw as that is all we get these days. We really are struggling I had tickets for that last night but couldn’t go and I feel sorry for the fans that went especially the ones from south Scotland and England to go all the way up there to watch that pitiful performance. I’m going up to Aberdeen next week and I’m dreading it already.

Strange as it may sound given how long it’s taken I now worry they will make a knee jerk reaction and appoint anyone now before the AGM. If we are being brutally honest our biggest competitor (maybe a bit generous to us)  just now is Aberdeen and we’re going into a double header against them without a manager. It beggars belief. As I said though I hope we don’t just appoint a McLeish just to get someone in. 

2 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I'm not going to knock his H&H podcast, he get's it more or less spot on most of the time - but yes, he backed the wrong horse many moons ago. He should have chucked FF instead of hanging onto the coattails of Dingwall (but there's reasons for doing why he did what he did).

A good guy, but blindly led.

As an aside, wasn't he also the moderator 'Mr Super Bad' on FF?  :unsure: