Kris Boyd retires

G.E.C.

Easily my favourite player of my generation, had his name on the back of my shirt for 4 years straight. His goal against Partick and his performance against Dundee united ... looked up to him, similar age, similar build, miles apart footballing wise. Well done big man! ( Middlesbrough was a mistake !!!)  

12 minutes ago, MK Dumfries said:

Easily my favourite player of my generation, had his name on the back of my shirt for 4 years straight. His goal against Partick and his performance against Dundee united ... looked up to him, similar age, similar build, miles apart footballing wise. Well done big man! ( Middlesbrough was a mistake !!!)  

Most Boro fans would concur 🙂 

Funny one Boyd I remember him being a bit of a monosyllabic almost mute of a guy during his first Rangers spell and now he wants to be on everything giving his two pence worth. Fair play to him just never would have had him down as one to go into the media. One of those players who knew where the back of the net was and was great at it, but fuck me if didn’t half feel like you were playing with a man down at times because he didn’t do much else. 

15 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Funny one Boyd I remember him being a bit of a monosyllabic almost mute of a guy during his first Rangers spell and now he wants to be on everything giving his two pence worth. Fair play to him just never would have had him down as one to go into the media. One of those players who knew where the back of the net was and was great at it, but fuck me if didn’t half feel like you were playing with a man down at times because he didn’t do much else. 

I was surprised he got a job as a pundit and the host of SPFL matters. When he was a player for us and was interviewed he always sounded quite dull and didn’t want to be there :lol: