Kris Boyd

papaguy51

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is umunst the very best anywhere, if not the best, but hey he's lazy, doesnt do anything other than score and cant do what christiano ronaldo does so he must be shite.

If you think Boydy is the man to take Rangers to the 'next level', so be it.

I'm just glad you're not our scout.

I'm not a scout mate, but my old man was before he died, many years ago.

He brought Cutty young and Ted McMinn to the club, some older bears will know those names even if you dont.

Define Next level and why you think the best Scottish striker in years isnt good enough

That is umunst the very best anywhere, if not the best, but hey he's lazy, doesnt do anything other than score and cant do what christiano ronaldo does so he must be shite.

If you think Boydy is the man to take Rangers to the 'next level', so be it.

I'm just glad you're not our scout.

I'm not a scout mate, but my old man was before he died, many years ago.

He brought Cutty young and Ted McMinn to the club, some older bears will know those names even if you dont.

Define Next level and why you think the best Scottish striker in years isnt good enough

i'll take a wee stab at this, as most teams play one up top you either need to be

a) good at holding up play, or

b) rapid and sit on the last man to exploit his lack of pace

boyd has much to do on this front, when arsenal got to the champs league final with only henry playing up top away from home he held up play to introduce ljunberg and reyes to run in from the flanks, when we got to the last 16 lovenkrands utilised his pace to score breakaway goals (inter at home springs to mind, tho the memory isn't what it used to be) if we want to be competing at that level then we will be playing games with only one player in attack when we don't have the ball, boyd has in my opinion neither the pace nor the close ball control to do this to effect

I agree entirely Boyd is not the man for a 1 up front formation, I dont think we should play that way anyway

4-4-2 loyal

CORRECT

If we mess about with 4-3-3- or 4-5-1 we will get beat simple.

You are correct Boyd isnt a hold up man or a race horse like Hentry, he is a goal scorer plain and simple

I agree entirely Boyd is not the man for a 1 up front formation, I dont think we should play that way anyway

4-4-2 loyal

couldn't agree more bud, one of my alltime pet hates about the direction football is heading nowadays, you hear of the older games with 4 and 5 attackers in every team, now we've resorted to 1 guy playing and doing the job of many players, remind me again what the whole point of the game is? certainly not playing for a nil fucking nil draw away from home

rant over......for now! :pipegreen:

Let me put this straight...

Boyd scores goals. Goals mean points and points make prices.

Go on Bodie san, ne danger!

4 times in 40 years Rangers have won a title with the top scorer in the league

The last 3 SPL titles have been won without a striker scoring more than 20 goals

The selfishness of Boyd makes rangers an inferior TEAM

Boyd other than scoring goals has NO OTHER ATTRIBUTES to contribute to the team.

Rangers will never win a title with Boyd as the main striker.

Walter knows that - hence his continued search for a genuine striker who will enhance the TEAM.

Teams win championships , not individuals.

The last 3 SPL titles have been won without a striker scoring more than 20 goals

Boyd other than scoring goals has NO OTHER ATTRIBUTES to contribute to the team.

Walter knows that - hence his continued search for a genuine striker who will enhance the TEAM.

if it wasnt for boyd, we wouldnt have came 3rd 2 seasons ago, we also wouldnt have came 2nd last season

if it wasnt for boyd, we wouldnt have came 3rd 2 seasons ago, we also wouldnt have came 2nd last season

Hypothetical drivel

a team needs someone to score the goals, boyd is the only one apart from Adam who is contributing enough in that department, take him out the team and theres simply not enough goals going to be scored.

Hypothetical drivel

same could be said of your statements

Hypothetical drivel

and your stats are not even factual. you dont know if rangers will win a title with boyd as the main striker

just because The last 3 SPL titles have been won without a striker scoring more than 20 goals doesnt mean whoever is gonna win the league this season will not have a 20+ goal striker, will it?

i dont believe there was any striker in our squad over the past 2 seasons capable of scoring the amount of goals boyd has in such a short space of time adapting to a new team

Hypothetical drivel

same could be said of your statements

It could be said, but only by those who don't know the meaning of hypothetical

Since when was it Boyd's duty to take Rangers to the next level? I thought that was Walter's?

This is why Boyd receives unfair criticism. He gets blamed for problems involving the whole team.

It's Boyd's fault we lack creativity in midfield. No doubt it was his fault we didn't finish top last season?

Papaguy, isn't 9 other players tracking back and pressuring the opposition sufficient?

a team needs someone to score the goals, boyd is the only one apart from Adam who is contributing enough in that department, take him out the team and theres simply not enough goals going to be scored.

That assumes that you do not replace Boyd with a more effective striker.

Who is to say tghat a more unselfish striker in place of Boyd will create more goals FOR THE TEAM.

Those who make that argument for Boyd have no argument.

The art of goal scoring is clearly very under rated

Let me be honest, if Boyd was pacey, a great passer, link up play, down the wings etc and could score 30+goals a season, what the feck would he be doing near Ibrox?

The art of goal scoring is clearly very under rated

Let me be honest, if Boyd was pacey, a great passer, link up play, down the wings etc and could score 30+goals a season, what the feck would he be doing near Ibrox?

his name would be Thierry Feckin Henry

Who is to say tghat a more unselfish striker in place of Boyd will create more goals FOR THE TEAM.

so what would you rather have? a kenny miller who runs about creating team goals or kris boyd scoring goals... you just had to look at the goals for and against for the season to see that we were not even far off the amount that celtic had. kris boyd is there to put the ball in the back of the net, if he gets the right service he will score them. he does from time to time bring players into play and doesnt get the right recognition and then when he doesnt score he gets hounded. i know id rather have kris boyd than kenny miller

so what would you rather have? a kenny miller who runs about creating team goals or kris boyd scoring goals... you just had to look at the goals for and against for the season to see that we were not even far off the amount that celtic had. kris boyd is there to put the ball in the back of the net, if he gets the right service he will score them. he does from time to time bring players into play and doesnt get the right recognition and then when he doesnt score he gets hounded. i know id rather have kris boyd than kenny miller

As Kenny Miller would say,

Stuff your top scorer's boot, have a look at my League and Cup medals

Too many supporters think it is Boyd FC not Rangers FC

Boyd is inept at receiving the ball, holding the ball, bringing others into play

Most teams have a player who will score lots of goals

Title winning teams have more rounded players

who would he be creating goals for???

we dont have goals coming from the rest of the team, who should be creating for each other aswell as boyd.

yes you need creation but at the end of the day you NEED someone to finish it off, that's boyds job, theres 5 or 6 other players to do the creative part.

you will not get someone to do both, at least not someone who will be willing to play in the SPL or that we can afford.