Rangers Women

Clemdog

23 minutes ago, Bydo said:

I think a draw tomorrow between them and GC is the best possible result for us.

With us winning tonight, if they draw tomorrow we go into second, three points behind GC with (I think) two games to go- one of those against GC. We win both of those and we *should* win the league on goal difference…?

Of course of celtic win it’ll be hard to overtake them, and they’ll likely win the league on GD at least but we could push GC to third. Alternatively if celtic win then we really need to score as many goals as possible to still have a chance.

If GC win then it’s all over anyway.

A draw in that game is what I'm hoping for. We play city last game of the season if we are out of the title race before then I wouldnt mind City winning. Couldnt bear that wee prick Alonso celebrating a title win. 

Said it before but 2 draws v a mediocre Hearts side (compared to the 3 big clubs) killed the title for us 

9 minutes ago, Madina said:

A draw in that game is what I'm hoping for. We play city last game of the season if we are out of the title race before then I wouldnt mind City winning. Couldnt bear that wee prick Alonso celebrating a title win. 

Said it before but 2 draws v a mediocre Hearts side (compared to the 3 big clubs) killed the title for us 

If City win tomorrow, we really need to beat them (or at least a draw) to ensure we finish second. If celtic win tomorrow then it’ll be almost impossible for us to overtake their GD, so us allowing City to win the last game will pretty much consign us to third.

Let’s hope for a draw tomorrow. If that happens, the title is very much in our own hands.

2 hours ago, Bydo said:

If City win tomorrow, we really need to beat them (or at least a draw) to ensure we finish second. If celtic win tomorrow then it’ll be almost impossible for us to overtake their GD, so us allowing City to win the last game will pretty much consign us to third.

Let’s hope for a draw tomorrow. If that happens, the title is very much in our own hands.

Yip a lot of different connotations. Just hope they two play out a 0-0 draw. I honestly could take the taigs winning the SWPL title, would be a whitewash by that club at all levels. 

17 minutes ago, Madina said:

Could really be doing with a taig goal. If city won its curtains for us and the title 

At least if that happens we know they can’t win it. Gives us the incentive to finish strongly and get the CL place and a cup double.

Just now, Madina said:

3-1 now. Grim 

Aye. Given that GC have been fucking honking against both us and them this year it’s a scandal they’re even leading the league.

We now find ourselves either beating GC and probably handing them the league, or losing to GC and finishing third. The only hope we have is putting loads of goals past hearts and we don’t exactly have a good record of that this year.

Just now, Bydo said:

Aye. Given that GC have been fucking honking against both us and them this year it’s a scandal they’re even leading the league.

We now find ourselves either beating GC and probably handing them the league, or losing to GC and finishing third. The only hope we have is putting loads of goals past hearts and we don’t exactly have a good record of that this year.

I think it's only us and them that GC have dropped points against? Whereas we somehow conspired to drop 4 points against Hearts 😑 

As things stand the scum have a better goal difference of 3 over us (I think). Us winning v City and gifting the taig women the title would sum this season up for us as a club at every level 

1 minute ago, Madina said:

I think it's only us and them that GC have dropped points against? Whereas we somehow conspired to drop 4 points against Hearts 😑 

As things stand the scum have a better goal difference of 3 over us (I think). Us winning v City and gifting the taig women the title would sum this season up for us as a club at every level 

Four better off than us. Too much to make up.

I suppose us coming second on GD and qualifying for Europe is the lesser of two evils but I had to really think about that. Quite honestly we lost it with the late goal we allowed them to score a few games ago.

1 minute ago, Bydo said:

I suppose us coming second on GD and qualifying for Europe is the lesser of two evils but I had to really think about that. Quite honestly we lost it with the late goal we allowed them to score a few games ago.

Youd think it's too much to make up. Considering the taigs play Hibs on Sunday who they beat 9-0 or something earlier in the season

It's a tough one really. Would I be happy with Europe and them winning their 1st league title? Or would I prefer us getting 3rd and City being champs? Honestly hard one to call. Alonso and tramps like Hayes and Flint celebrating a league title we helped them to win on the last day 🤢

59 minutes ago, Bydo said:

and the crazy late pen we gave away against hearts a couple of weeks ago  hearts were hrdly over the halfway line in the 2nd half then we give away a late goal when it should have been about 5 nil

Too many times this season I felt we went 2 or  3 goals up and took the foot off the gas. I always want teams to go for the jugular and get more goals in case a title comes down to goal difference 😔

19 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

If it's looking like the scum will win the league then it'll be a lay down job from us 100%, we'll be 3rd but sticking it to those scum bastards will make up for it, they'd do the same if it suited them. 👍

Fuck off. It should be us going out to win every game 100%. If we finish second on GD so be it, it still puts us in Champions League qualifiers.

There’s absolutely no chance our girls will lie down as it fucking should be. 

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Fuck off. It should be us going out to win every game 100%. If we finish second on GD so be it, it still puts us in Champions League qualifiers.

There’s absolutely no chance our girls will lie down as it fucking should be. 

And let them win their first title you can fuck off 🤣

13 hours ago, superallysbears said:

If it's looking like the scum will win the league then it'll be a lay down job from us 100%, we'll be 3rd but sticking it to those scum bastards will make up for it, they'd do the same if it suited them. 👍

:lol: