Grand National 2023 April 15th

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

@theblueoysterbar hopefully you had money on the right one mate :lol: 

Put on the three of them that came out of the last list mate. Was looking at the card thinking about others then thought what the fuck is the point in spending ages on a system and not sticking with what it comes out with.

Tonight's takeaway, a litre of brandy and 8 beers paid for. And £50 left. :tu:

2 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Put on the three of them that came out of the last list mate. Was looking at the card thinking about others then thought what the fuck is the point in spending ages on a system and not sticking with what it comes out with.

Tonight's takeaway, a litre of brandy and 8 beers paid for. And £50 left. :tu:

Good stuff mate.

11 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Think tiger roll would have equaled it the year covid stopped it 

Nah mate....Tiger roll would have been handicapped to fuck....I loved the wee horse but no way would he have won with 11st 12lb which is what he would have got from the handicapper...o'leary was threatening not to run him because of the weight he would have to carry :lol:

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Nah mate....Tiger roll would have been handicapped to fuck....I loved the wee horse but no way would he have won with 11st 12lb which is what he would have got from the handicapper...o'leary was threatening not to run him because of the weight he would have to carry :lol:

Makes you appreciate how good Red Rum was mate. Greatest National horse ever. Funny thing is, he was not a big horse.  

7 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Makes you appreciate how good Red Rum was mate. Greatest National horse ever. Funny thing is, he was not a big horse.  

I see you watched the red rum piece yesterday.....that crisp was some size of horse...it was an absolute tank

17 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I see you watched the red rum piece yesterday.....that crisp was some size of horse...it was an absolute tank

Crisp really was a giant mate. A great horse. If I’m not mistaken Red Rum and Crisp raced against each other in a 2 horse race after the National and Crisp won easily. 

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Crisp really was a giant mate. A great horse. If I’m not mistaken Red Rum and Crisp raced against each other in a 2 horse race after the National and Crisp won easily. 

Aye mate, they raced at Doncaster I'm sure that's what they said....Crisp beat Red Rum and then had to retire due to injury....he never got the chance to race in the national again 

8 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Aye mate, they raced at Doncaster I'm sure that's what they said....Crisp beat Red Rum and then had to retire due to injury....he never got the chance to race in the national again 

Love the horse racing mate. So many great horses I remember when I lived in Scotland. Grundy v Bustino was probably the greatest flat race I’ve ever seen in the King George. Night Nurse, Desert Orchid, and a few others. Great times. Watching the National is just one of those times when you feel wow, I’m British. Brings everyone together. Epsom Derby as well. 👍

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

Love the horse racing mate. So many great horses I remember when I lived in Scotland. Grundy v Bustino was probably the greatest flat race I’ve ever seen in the King George. Night Nurse, Desert Orchid, and a few others. Great times. Watching the National is just one of those times when you feel wow, I’m British. Brings everyone together. Epsom Derby as well. 👍

I've never went to the Derby or the National mate, I'm a Cheltenham festival man, I've been fortunate enough to have seen the majority of the greatest horses live.....the two clashes with Kauto & Denman were special.....each hammering one another:tu: