Over-reaction?

papaguy51

Lads, calm down!

I think Walter simply chose the wrong team yesterday, he will admit that I'm sure.

How Barry got dropped after playing 90 mins midweek, while Davie Weir at 37 played after the same midweek excursion astonished me. That was the one thing that made me a bit <_< yesterday. We just had an off day otherwise.

Maybe the team needed a little reminder to keep standards up and I'm glad we got it yesterday, as opposed to Stuttgart giving us it!

So, a fair few fans are upset after being "Pumped" by an average Hearts side who were missing a few regulars.

Over reaction? I think not. At no stage in the game yesterday did we:

1. Look like title challengers

2. Look like we could go on and get something out the game and

3. Show mental strength to come back from going behind for the first time this season

Why Barry Ferguson was rested is beyond me. It turned out that he never got rested at all as he had to come on and play 45 mins. So not only did we lose, Barry had to play.

McGregor was dodgy, Cuellar looked abysmal, Hutton was erratic, Thomson and Faye were AWOL, Boyd was back to himself, Whittaker and Beasley offered nothing at all and the rest well......

Not good enough

Rangers have no devine right to win any game, But we should not accept being pumped off anyone.

Not one Rangers player yesterday did enough and their performances and attitute towards the game should not be accepted and put down to a blip.

Papa, Whats to stop Stuttgart handing us a similar defeat? Then do you worry or is that another defeat we needed?

Ive said every week that we have not played anyone yet and yesterday was the first half decent challenge we have had in the SPL and we failed misserably. Aberdeen next week will be just as tough and everyone needs to improve.

Rangers have no devine right to win any game, But we should not accept being pumped off anyone.

Not one Rangers player yesterday did enough and their performances and attitute towards the game should not be accepted and put down to a blip.

Papa, Whats to stop Stuttgart handing us a similar defeat? Then do you worry or is that another defeat we needed?

Ive said every week that we have not played anyone yet and yesterday was the first half decent challenge we have had in the SPL and we failed misserably. Aberdeen next week will be just as tough and everyone needs to improve.

Are Hearts that good though? Were Killie not tougher, given they managed to get a draw at Celtic Park? Or was it just an off day? Also, we've only won twice in the past 3 seasons at Tynecastle.

At no point did I say we needed a defeat. I felt we needed a reminder in terms of not letting our standards slip, although I hoped that would have come from a really hard earned win, or tough draw, instead of a 4-2 defeat.

There's less chance of us getting pumped off the Germans AFTER a result like that IMO, simply because our strongest team will play. Remember, Stuttgart haven't exactly set the heather alight this season either. Two wins, two defeats and a draw this season, two defeats coming AWAY FROM HOME.

Don't get suicidal just yet.

Are Hearts that good though? Were Killie not tougher, given they managed to get a draw at Celtic Park? Or was it just an off day? Also, we've only won twice in the past 3 seasons at Tynecastle.

At no point did I say we needed a defeat. I felt we needed a reminder in terms of not letting our standards slip, although I hoped that would have come from a really hard earned win, or tough draw, instead of a 4-2 defeat.

There's less chance of us getting pumped off the Germans AFTER a result like that IMO, simply because our strongest team will play. Remember, Stuttgart haven't exactly set the heather alight this season either. Two wins, two defeats and a draw this season, two defeats coming AWAY FROM HOME.

Don't get suicidal just yet.

If we play like that the Germans wil run right over us no danger.

I think in terms of "over-reaction" it was perhaps our own over optimism that we had an iron curtain type defence. (I think most of us accepted from midfield to front we lacked a certain flair and balance ) Yesterday that optimism in our defence was laid to rest as we managed to lose 4 goals to an average team.

It was a poor performance yesterday and Walter got his team wrong, throwing Faye into the team straight away against Hearts well that was strange and a i felt sorry for him yesterday. Ferguson should of started the game and if we were 2-0 up or something then we could of taken him off. Cuellar had his worst game yet, Hutton was ok stupid challenge for the penalty, Weir was fecked after midweek, Papac was awful, Beasley inconsistent yet again took his goal well, Whittaker worst game yet, Boyd and Cousin cant play together upfront either alot of thinking for Walter to do but its only 1 defeat we'll bounce back and who better against than Aberdeen on Sunday always good beating them hate them with a passion :angry2: .

I think WS just underestimated Hearts and to be honest none of the team looked like they were up for it yesterday. I think Naismith would have shown more appetite for the game and would have been better playing than Faye. WS also admitted that McGregor was to blame for 2 of the goals. The 1 that went under his body and his usual getting caught a yard or two too far off his line. I think we could've fought our way back into the game if it wasnt for these errors.

I would not agree that McGregor was at fault for 2 goals,McGregors positioning for the 2nd goal was fine, all keepers come off their line to narrow angles, watch highlights from any game in the premiership and you will see the same positioning.

The 4th goal was definitely a blunder but then again where were the midfield and defence to stop a clear shot at goal.