The Spin

Everyone had it right. The classless fan gets his ban, but Dida is still the one who did wrong. What a turn.

UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against AC Milan and their goalkeeper Dida in the wake of events at last week's UEFA Champions League Group D match against Celtic FC in Glasgow.

Disciplinary regulations

The proceedings have been instigated on the basis of Article 5 paragraph 1 of the disciplinary regulations (Principles of conduct), under which "member associations, clubs, as well as their players, officials and members, shall conduct themselves according to the principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship". UEFA's Control and Disciplinary Body will hear the case on 11 October.

Thursday hearing

On Friday, UEFA announced that it had opened disciplinary proceedings against Celtic on charges of lack of organisation and improper conduct of supporters at the same match (Articles 6 and 11c of the UEFA disciplinary regulations). This case will also be heard by UEFA on 11 October.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=51...sid=600090.html

It's a total nonsense. They didn't fucking discipline Juninho for his dive because it didn't affect the outcome of the game, and Dida affected his game equally.

This is rank hypocrisy.

ridiculous. I bet they hit him with say a 50k fine and 2 match ban and celtic get away with a £25k ban and a warning or some bs like that. Celtic havent exactly covered themselves in glory with their behaviour after. Totally focused their attention on dida and tried to brush the fans behaviour under the carpet. I wouldnt be surprised if dida had got hit by a coin or something when he tried to chase the fan. Wouldnt be the first time something like that happened at celtic park would it??

Both are going to be in the dock on Thursday, Dida for his theatrics and Celtic because the fan ran onto the pitch.

As for outcome I think both will be given a fine.

I know that mate but the point is Sky are not even acknowledging the fact about pitch invasion ? :sherlock:

its a disgrace how they are only focusing on dida! yes dida overeacted but that isnt a serious issue, the serious issue is the fan who got onto the pitch and put his hands on a player! that fan could have had any sort of weapon and put any of the players in real danger!

its a disgrace how they are only focusing on dida! yes dida overeacted but that isnt a serious issue, the serious issue is the fan who got onto the pitch and put his hands on a player! that fan could have had any sort of weapon and put any of the players in real danger!

All gettin conveniently forgotten about mate, whereas us in the same position, we'd be gettin a years ban out of any Euro competition ! :sherlock:

Even though we would all like to see Celtic getting kicked our of Europe for the behaviour of one of their fans, we do have to be try to be nuetral as possible. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, this is the first incident in Europe for this type of atrocity from anyone affiliated with Celtic for as long as I can remember.

The fact that the fine might be in the six figure category for what Celtic could argue as a first offence is amusing and sends out a very clear warning, a fine and a game behind closed doors would be brilliant.

Even though it was clearly a Celtic fan and he has been banned for life from all games as would be expected, we were only given a nominal fine for the incident where an individual (and I stress not a Rangers fan) ran onto the pitch and tried to chain himself to the goal post. I agree he didn't raise his hands to a player but it was argued that the stewards can't 100% prevent this sort of incident from happening and Celtic will also use this argument.

I do agree the incident at the piggery could have been more serious if the fan had seriously struck the goalkeeper and/or was carrying a weapon. If that had been the case then Celtic would have probably been facing a ban from European competitions.

Even though it was clearly a Celtic fan and he has been banned for life from all games as would be expected, we were only given a nominal fine for the incident where an individual (and I stress not a Rangers fan) ran onto the pitch and tried to chain himself to the goal post. I agree he didn't raise his hands to a player but it was argued that the stewards can't 100% prevent this sort of incident from happening and Celtic will also use this argument.

The Rangers incident was deemed a protest and is not anywhere as serious as the potential assault of a footballer. Celtic should rightly be hammered, and also warned that their stadium is patently not fit to hold such high profile games, given the way the advertising hordings collapsed under the surge of Celtic fans, someone could have been seriously injured in that incident also.

The Rangers incident was deemed a protest and is not anywhere as serious as the potential assault of a footballer. Celtic should rightly be hammered, and also warned that their stadium is patently not fit to hold such high profile games, given the way the advertising hordings collapsed under the surge of Celtic fans, someone could have been seriously injured in that incident also.

I typed out a long response to this and then posted it, but as someone was merging threads at the same time I got an error message so can't be arsed to type it all again and going to keep it short!

We have to show we're better than the mankies and show no bias towards the incident, either way at Ibrox or the piggery a fan ran onto the pitch and it doesn't matter if it was a protestor or not, even a protestor could have assaulted someone or be carrying a weapon as could have the Celtic fan.

I hope the evening times is correct and Celtic do get a 6 figure fine, it will be even better if they have to play at least one match behind closed doors but we will hopefully find out on Thursday if UEFA release their decision quick enough.

Guest Andypendek

yaaaaaaaas.....a closed doors policy fot the next 2 games seems logical. if the fans misbehave, they're not allowed in. the only sort of language these people understand.

yaaaaaaaas.....a closed doors policy fot the next 2 games seems logical. if the fans misbehave, they're not allowed in. the only sort of language these people understand.

They'll get in anyway, they are all used to breaking and entering.

We have to show we're better than the mankies and show no bias towards the incident, either way at Ibrox or the piggery a fan ran onto the pitch and it doesn't matter if it was a protestor or not, even a protestor could have assaulted someone or be carrying a weapon as could have the Celtic fan.

I was just relaying what Uefa's take on our invasion was, they also recognised he was not a fan of our club.

I was just relaying what Uefa's take on our invasion was, they also recognised he was not a fan of our club.

My apologies I misunderstood your post when I originally read it, thank God I didn't get to post my original response as it was so much longer I'd have a two page spread on the apology! :)

My apologies I misunderstood your post when I originally read it, thank God I didn't get to post my original response as it was so much longer I'd have a two page spread on the apology! :)

You're welcome :lol:

:lol: I take it you did the merging!

:lol: I take it you did the merging!

I did :)

(I am also God, mind you)