Buffel Craves Return

Rohan

He should be considered, depends on his fitness level, this team would crush Celtc

-------------------------------McGreggor----------------------------------

---Hutton---------------Weir-------Cuellar----------------Papac---------

-----------------------Ferguson-------Hemdani---------------------------

---------Beasley---------------Buffel------------------McCulloch--------

------------------------------Darcheville-----------------------------------

This is an absaloute shocker of the highest order !!

At home to Celtic (who are without dought the wordt Celtic side i've seen in years) and are all WANTING to play 4-5-1 i mean WTF is going on ??? Let me ask this, do you think ANY team in Europe will be playing 5 in midfield when they face Celtic at home? (that includes any wee diddy team they might get in the Uefa should they manage a miracle)

Answer: Not a chance in hell .................... So why the hell are we ??

This whole negative vibe is exactly the reason we were beat by Hibs at the weekend. Now i understand playing 4-5-1 away in Europe and maybe on the odd accation at home in europe but NOT when we are playing the Scum at Ibrox.. Get Hemdani oot, drop Thomson, play Buffel and Fergie in the middle with McCulloch and Beasley either side and get Boyd and either Cousin or Darchville up front...

Bin this 4-5-1 nonsense NOW !!

Take a long hard look at it

4-2-3-1

Quite an attacking formation infact

Jesus H christ you even said it yourself thats FIVE midfielders, that is NOT an attacking team, not when the likes of Hemdani won't cross the halfway line and Ferguson will drop deep to controll the game (which he always does against Celtic) ...

He should be considered, depends on his fitness level, this team would crush Celtc

At home to Celtic (who are without dought the wordt Celtic side i've seen in years) and are all WANTING to play 4-5-1 i mean WTF is going on ??? Let me ask this, do you think ANY team in Europe will be playing 5 in midfield when they face Celtic at home? (that includes any wee diddy team they might get in the Uefa should they manage a miracle)

This whole negative vibe is exactly the reason we were beat by Hibs at the weekend. Now i understand playing 4-5-1 away in Europe and maybe on the odd accation at home in europe but NOT when we are playing the Scum at Ibrox.. Get Hemdani oot, drop Thomson, play Buffel and Fergie in the middle with McCulloch and Beasley either side and get Boyd and either Cousin or Darchville up front...

4-2-3-1

Jesus H christ you even said it yourself thats FIVE midfielders, that is NOT an attacking team, not when the likes of Hemdani won't cross the halfway line and Ferguson will drop deep to controll the game (which he always does against Celtic) ...

Don't know what you pick up while watching Rangers but when Hemdani plays ferguson looks more comfortable going forward.

McCulloch, Beasley and Buffel can hardly be thought of as unattacking type players can they?

Give your opinion on the team and let me pick holes in it then

This is an ATTACKING team.....

------------------ McGregor ------------------

Hutton ----- Weir ------ Cueller ----- Papac

Beasley --------- Ferguson ------- McCulloch

--------------------- Buffel ---------------------

------------ Boyd -------- Cousin --------------

Any team with Hemdani in the lineup can NEVER be called attacking !!

4-2-3-1

I have to disagree I think it is quite an attacking line up, you don't have to have two strikers to have an attacking line up, Buffel (in the reserves) has been playing just behind the striker and doing well, and with the pace of DMB at his best on one side and running at defences, also his final ball is better than some others recently and McCulloch on the other who is also capable of scoring goals, counter that with Hutton who would run at defences all day, it really is a shame that Smith isn't fit to do the same on the other side.

4-2-3-1

I have to disagree I think it is quite an attacking line up, you don't have to have two strikers to have an attacking line up, Buffel (in the reserves) has been playing just behind the striker and doing well, and with the pace of DMB at his best on one side and running at defences, also his final ball is better than some others recently and McCulloch on the other who is also capable of scoring goals, counter that with Hutton who would run at defences all day, it really is a shame that Smith isn't fit to do the same on the other side.

I aint trying to argue with anyone here all i am saying is that what ever way you look at it we should NEVER be playing 5-4-1 at home against Celtic...... NEVER !!

That line up would be good against certain opposition, but for much tougher teams you still need a player like Hemdani whom you can trust in the midfield so others can get forward should a counter attack happen, all he would have to do is play forward more than the, sitting in front of the back four, which he does in the European games.

4-2-3-1

I aint trying to argue with anyone here all i am saying is that what ever way you look at it we should NEVER be playing 5-4-1 at home against Celtic...... NEVER !!

Don't worry mate, it isn't an argument it's just different opinions. (tu)

That line up would be good against certain opposition, but for much tougher teams you still need a player like Hemdani whom you can trust in the midfield so others can get forward should a counter attack happen, all he would have to do is play forward more than the, sitting in front of the back four, which he does in the European games.

So what your saying is you DON'T trust Cueller or Weir when we counter attack and get players forward. i thought they both have been awsome this season ?? maybe i'm wrong ??

I don't mind the look of that side, but the midfield battle against the scum always determines the outcome of an OF game.

Hemdani and Ferguson are a must, the other four I went with would penetrate their defense easily

Boyd wouldn't suit that formation I'm afraid, we need someone with pace for Buffel to feed the ball to.

Boyds best bet is when he has a Prso type player along side him to knock the ball down to his feet.

Cousin, JCD & Naismith should all be picked before Boyd as lone striker

Buffel can knock the ball to Boyd's feet lol...

Boyd isn't like Darcheville...He cannot run at defenders from the half way line and create a chance for himself. He can, however get into space and regardless of what people say, he DOES make runs into space. The reason we do not benefit from this is because of our lack of creativity in midfield.

I am confident that a Buffel/Boyd partnership would work just as well as Buffel/Darcheville.

I don't mind the look of that side, but the midfield battle against the scum always determines the outcome of an OF game.

Hemdani and Ferguson are a must, the other four I went with would penetrate their defense easily

If you ever get the chance have a look at the old firm game at Celtic Park in 2005 (we won 2-0 with Vignal and Novo scoring) .... Both Buffel and Ferguson were in the centre of midfield (without Hemdani) and they both were awsome, the little touches, the one-twos, everything was awsome... They both bossed the midfield that day and that was away from home, thats exactly what we need in midfield, a bit of quality and creativity something which Hemdani sadly doesn't have... Dont get me wrong in big euro games away from home Hemdani is a must !!

So what your saying is you DON'T trust Cueller or Weir when we counter attack and get players forward. i thought they both have been awsome this season ?? maybe i'm wrong ??

Sorry I meant if the attack breaks down and the counter attack is against us, not us counter attacking, I'd be worried about being too exposed at the back, especially with Hutton going forward, and if/when Smith returns him getting forward on the other wing.

Even though Weir is a good reader of the game, a couple of times his lack of pace has been exposed, but as I said it would be a case of Hemdani being more further forward rather than sitting directly in front of the defenders.

Boyd wouldn't suit that formation I'm afraid, we need someone with pace for Buffel to feed the ball to.

Boyds best bet is when he has a Prso type player along side him to knock the ball down to his feet.

Cousin, JCD & Naismith should all be picked before Boyd as lone striker

Buffel can knock the ball to Boyd's feet lol...

Boyd isn't like Darcheville...He cannot run at defenders from the half way line and create a chance for himself. He can, however get into space and regardless of what people say, he DOES make runs into space. The reason we do not benefit from this is because of our lack of creativity in midfield.

I am confident that a Buffel/Boyd partnership would work just as well as Buffel/Darcheville.

I'm saying Darcheville, Naismith & Cousin would be better at running into channels for Buffel to feed them. Yes Boyd does make runs but lacks the pace to do it consistently

Buffel is better with a pacey player ahead, look at some of the football and goals we got in the brief time we played Buffel and Lovenkrands together.

Boyd needs an aggressive player alongside him in my opinion

If you ever get the chance have a look at the old firm game at Celtic Park in 2005 (we won 2-0 with Vignal and Novo scoring) .... Both Buffel and Ferguson were in the centre of midfield (without Hemdani) and they both were awsome, the little touches, the one-twos, everything was awsome... They both bossed the midfield that day and that was away from home, thats exactly what we need in midfield, a bit of quality and creativity something which Hemdani sadly doesn't have... Dont get me wrong in big euro games away from home Hemdani is a must !!

That the same game Ricksen played the holding midfield role?

In an attacking side, especially if we get Stevie Smith back, you need a decent holding midfielder and that, for me, would be Hemdani on present form.

...........................McGregor..........................

...............Cuellar.................Weir..................

Hutton.................................................Smith

..........................Hemdani............................

Buffel/Naismith......Bazza....McCulloch/Beasley

.....................Cousin/Boyd..JCD....................

In an attacking side, especially if we get Stevie Smith back, you need a decent holding midfielder and that, for me, would be Hemdani on present form.

Buffel is ineffective down the right flank and so is Naismith, so in my opinion just have Beasley and McCulloch down either flank

I havn't read the following replies but it seems like more of 4-2-3-1 to me or 4-3-3 to me, if the midfielders were deeper then it would be a 4-5-1 IMO

Buffel is ineffective down the right flank and so is Naismith, so in my opinion just have Beasley and McCulloch down either flank

If Buffel has as much ability as everyone seems to think he has, then he would be able to play every position on the park. <cr>

If Buffel has as much ability as everyone seems to think he has, then he would be able to play every position on the park. <cr>

When playing that system though, the midfield becomes quite narrow, allowing for the full backs to push forward and give the width. Meaning that the right and left midfielders are playing more like attacking midfielders rather than wingers. If that makes any kind of sense.

Nonsense, he is better suited to a certain position because of his style of play.

It's only logical if you play a player out of position he is likely to have a poor performance

When playing that system though, the midfield becomes quite narrow, allowing for the full backs to push forward and give the width. Meaning that the right and left midfielders are playing more like attacking midfielders rather than wingers. If that makes any kind of sense.

Yes it does. :rolleyes:

I think the idea that we should never play 4-5-1 at home is extremely arrogant. I support winning formations, not blind rulings. It worked out against Stuttgart pretty well. I will support any team fielded by Gers.

Two teams as

4-1-4-1

Hutton Cuellar Weir Papac

Hemdani

McCulloch Thomson Ferguson Beasley

JCD

4-4-2

Hutton Cuellar Weir Papac

McCulloch Hemdani Ferguson Beasley

JCD

Cousin

Subs: (offensive) Novo, Boyd, Buffel, Naismith, (defensive) Webster, Carroll, Whittaker

Buffel is unlikely to get the start in the OF match as his first competitive match in almost a year. I hope he is available on the bench (if nothing else at least he might keep Adam out of the squad). I hope Buffel is at least available to start for Thomson in the Barca match. Tam has yet alot to prove, but I certainly hope he does.