Milan eye Roman conquest

lola

Milan are being linked with a swoop for Argentine midfield star Juan Roman Riquelme.

After signing Brazilian ace Emerson just before the close of the summer transfer window, the Rossoneri revealed that they wouldn’t be making any January purchases.

However, the Diavolo are expected to ring the changes next summer and may be willing to table an offer in advance.

It is believed that Riquelme’s club Villarreal are keen to cash in on the unsettled ex-Barcelona man before his contract expires in 2009.

It had appeared that the 29-year-old would leave for Atletico Madrid this summer and a fee of £5m had already been proposed, but the deal fell through.

While midfield isn’t seen as one of Milan’s weaker areas, the European champions may find it hard to resist the Albicelestes man as his new estimated price tag is just £3m.

I think hes fantastic player, but we wont even be looking at him. he teared up the argentine league last year and was a standout for villarreal in the champions league, even against us! He seems to have a quiet character but gets his talking done on the pitch. £3M is a steal, we can offer champions league football, and we could probably sell him on again in 18 months to boca juniors.

I think hes fantastic player, but we wont even be looking at him. he teared up the argentine league last year and was a standout for villarreal in the champions league, even against us! He seems to have a quiet character but gets his talking done on the pitch. £3M is a steal, we can offer champions league football, and we could probably sell him on again in 18 months to boca juniors.

Of course he would be a fantastic signing but do you really believe a player like Riquelme would be interested in the idea of playing in the SPL?Specialy if other sides that are in the champions league show interest as well, probley couldent afford his wages either.

thats what it always comes down to though, playin in the SPL. Maybe he liked his visit to Ibrox and we left a good impression? Im just dreamin tho, its never gonna happen

Yeah sadly i cant see class players like him arriving in Scotland for some time....Though sudden, brilliant results for Rangers, Scotland (and yes Celtic but only for result against Milan) can only help.Its mainly all down to money though which is a bit of a downer.The again whos to say Riquelme would adapt to the type of play in SPL, maybe too physical for him.You never know

Of course he would be a fantastic signing but do you really believe a player like Riquelme would be interested in the idea of playing in the SPL?Specialy if other sides that are in the champions league show interest as well, probley couldent afford his wages either.

I think right now, Riquelme would welcome the idea of even playing football period.

It was glorious to see him the other day for Argy. Old Riquelme was back, and on his game, he's the best in his position in the world.

I would bite your hand off for him to join Milan (let's face it, he ain't joining Rangers).

I'm sure I read he's a bit of a prima donna and refuses to take part in training sessions etc when at Villarreal. Also, when at Barca, they got rid of him for his attitude?

Great player but seems a bit of a trouble maker.

Maybe so. But so was Gazza, ditto Anelka.

I'm sure I read he's a bit of a prima donna and refuses to take part in training sessions etc when at Villarreal. Also, when at Barca, they got rid of him for his attitude?

Great player but seems a bit of a trouble maker.

I thought he left Barca because he dident get on with the manager.....Oh wait that was Queresma :lol:

Strange enough some of the best players in football have been trouble makers, Maradonna comes to mind.