***Football Manager 2008 - Players to Buy Thread***

port_bear

Also a guy called luka modric, cost about 5-6m, got him for my chelsea game and has 17 assist b4 january transfer window. He is sparking alot of interest in real life 2

5-6M <cr><cr><cr> you can usually get him for 2-2.5M every game i have played

Am gettin bloody ripped off then lol

thena gain if you are chelsea you will get ripped off the more money you have the more it costs you to buy players

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest therabbitt

righty ho - in my thrid season - here's the gers line up

GK McGregor/Enyeama

RB Hutton/Whittaker

LB Smith/Sakho

DC Cuellar/Breno

DC Ignashevich

RM Burke/Arshavin

LM Naismith/McFadden

CM Banega/Ferguson

CM Cahill/Mihelic/Adam/Caio

FC Defoe/Falcao

FC Dagoberto/Haynes

semi's of champions league in second season - linked with Barca job when Rijkaard left unceremoniously - knocked them back to stay with the boys in blue!!

• 3 months later...

Anyone know any good players that might want to sign for a Scottish third division side?

Bearing in mind that I have no transfer fee?

That'll be a no I guess.

This season's FM seems a lot harder than older ones, especially since I always like to start off at smaller clubs. Our squad is crap to start with, I can't afford any players, and the ones I can get on frees don't want to come :( I couldn't even get a guy on a free from a non-league team, even though I was offering him 5 times his wage, he didn't want to play for us haha...

I went oxford (blue square premier) and i managed to get Stanic in my first season, got premiership players on loan and lots of bosmans, just hunt for bosmans until you get ones that will take a contract offer!! try and get Rangers/Celtic/Hibs youth players on loan etc,

I went oxford (blue square premier) and i managed to get Stanic in my first season, got premiership players on loan and lots of bosmans, just hunt for bosmans until you get ones that will take a contract offer!! try and get Rangers/Celtic/Hibs youth players on loan etc,

I tried to get a few of our (Rangers that is) youngsters but none of them would bite. About to start my second season though so I might try a few again.

Pre-season's been an improvement this year but I still hardly managed to bring anyone in. I drew up a big list of positions I wanted to replace, and offered contracts to bosman guys and players without clubs, almost always getting a response like "*player* is not interested in a move to your club", or "*player* believes that your club cannot meed his demands".

It's actually all the more annoying seeing that in my first season the club made almost £100,000 profit, and I get to spend a grand total of *none* of that. Yet the board still think I should be challenging for promotion...

Oh, actually that's a lie, I sold one of my players for £100,000 as well, I'm getting £1000 of that to spend :P