Alan hutton

soulboy

Sometimes I think they have to, because he's just so hard to stop when he gets going ! Doesn't make it right, it's just tactics, and all we can hope is that refs will hand out bookings in those situations.

On the other hand, I think Hutton does often look for fouls. Not saying he dives at all, but when he's running at full pace and a defender comes in, sometimes he takes the hit and goes down, winning us a foul in a dangerous area where he might have been about to hid a dead end. Good play in my view (tu)

Thats the thing though only half the wild tackles on him end up with a booking but as soon as he does it to somebody else he's straight in the book. To be honest if he is going down looking for a foul then I wish he wouldn't coz how many times do we score directly or indirectly from the free kicks, we are better at scoring from open play.

huttons very smart though, around about the half way line, just in the opposition half, he will cut inside across players and will almost always get a free kick, he's a bit like Larsson used to be, not a diver, just knows how to win a free kick.

Henrik Larsson is an incredible footballer. Period. If he is a diver then everyone in football is a diver. So under that intrepretation then yes Hutton is a swan.

Personally, I think Hutton is a great attacking back, who knows how to draw a foul, just like Beasley, and Larsson.

As for Larsson I just watched him single handedly drag his local Swedish outfit into the group stage of the UEFA cup past Heerenveen of the Netherlands. He also just scored a late equalizer to give Helsingborg a point in their first UEFA cup group match, on the 25th of October at 36. At 35 he was the best player on the pitch for Manchester United last year, and he his late substitution enabled Barca to a Champions League title at 34, according to his ever gracious opponent, Thierry Henry.