Fleck,Furman and Lennon

Mad Dog

Ive been tracking the progress of some of the youth team players that everyopnes been going on about just now Dean Furman,John Fleck and Stevie Lennon and do any of you guys think anty of them will break into the first team some time this year especially as Amdy Faye isn't exactly setting the world alight wioth his performances and could be punted in January

If in the second half of the season we are in a position that we have already won the league with a few games to spare then I think some of these guys will get a decent run out. As for Fleck being too young I totally disagree with this, if you're good enough then you're old enough.

Player in the past have had their first games at young ages, classic example is Derek Johnstone and his debut was against Celtic!

out of all them the most likely to get a game this year is Furman as we could lose Hemdani, Faye is shite and Thomson or Fergie could get injured. Also he is only who looks strong enough to come into the first team.

Lennon still looks like a young boy, not sure if hes big enough yet physically.

I agree with you Fleck looks older than him aswell but isn't Lennon 19. I think Shinnie may be the one to break through next.

WS will not play these youngsters `unless there is nothing at stake. Having said that I believe Furman has the best chance and would like to see him and Gow and Buffel all get a chance before Faye or Whittaker.

If they really shine in training with the first team, they should get the odd sub appearance but for now, we have to establish some winning ways and find a team balance that works, rather than keep making changes.

I like them all, but Fleck is too young and won't get a chance, Furman/Lennon may get chances if we're 4-0 up against smaller sides or we get major injuries in MF.

Walter will have to have his back up against the wall before he plays a youngster. He only gave Barry a few games before he made way for Advocatt who put Barry in right from the start and them made him captain. Walter will probably wait until Furman and Fleck are about 25 before he plays them.