The Result tonight!

What a pointless thread. We both get the same amount of money for qualifying and given Strapon's "super signings" i would be much more confident with Walter in the transfer market.

We don't need to compete with Celtic, we are better than them. :rangers:

You really need to wake up!!!

As of now they are miles ahead of us in making money there in the black and we are still in the red!

What are you talking about? I don't understand how you can possibly say that Celtic are making much more money than us.

For a start you have no figures to support this view. We both recieve around about the same level of income per annum unless one fails to qualify for the Champions League. Last year we failed to and the season before Celtic failed to. That puts us on a similar footing.

All i have heard from you tonight is doom and gloom. It is you who needs to wake up and stop peing so pescimistic.

DB - where is your evidence that they are in the black and we are in the red. Last set of published accounts for Celtic showed them to be c. 12m in debt, which is a very acceptable level for a business of their size. Rangers on the other hand were in a disatrous position but with the SDM £57m and JJB cash (bad decision in my opinion) our debt was down to single figures before investing in the team this summer. Although it is not so tranparent to get Rangers' figure I would estimate we are c. £15m-£20m in debt before CL run.

Celtic are doing what we did in the 90's of big signings (especially on salaries and long term contracts) and as their turnover is similar to ours for the same reason as us this is not sustainable. Add to that we had much greater success when we we went down that route than they are getting now.

I understand your frustration at the bheggers' luck tonight but I find the negativity of your posts a bit OTT.

What a pointless thread. We both get the same amount of money for qualifying and given Strapon's "super signings" i would be much more confident with Walter in the transfer market.

As of now they are miles ahead of us in making money there in the black and we are still in the red!

What are you talking about? I don't understand how you can possibly say that Celtic are making much more money than us.

For a start you have no figures to support this view. We both recieve around about the same level of income per annum unless one fails to qualify for the Champions League. Last year we failed to and the season before Celtic failed to. That puts us on a similar footing.

All i have heard from you tonight is doom and gloom. It is you who needs to wake up and stop peing so pescimistic.

We all seen the profit they made last year the media made sure of that! now they have done it again we on the other hand were trailing behind why cant people see this ?!

Who cares if Celtic make money. Who are they going to attract to the shitty SPL? They could have £40m and not be able to spend it all.

And last time I checked we humped Celtic 3-0. We have more money than anyone else in the SPL, so all we have to do is beat the diddy teams to win the SPL.

We all seen the profit they made last year the media made sure of that! now they have done it again we on the other hand were trailing behind why cant people see this ?!

That was last season's figures. We took in similar figures when we reached the last 16 the previous year. We currently are around £15 million in debt (according to my last share overview i recieved). That was after our spending in the summer. With Champions League money, providing we win on Wednesday, that debt will almost be wiped out.

Celtic, too, are in debt. Althought they are a few million better off that didn't include the summer signings. Therefore we are virtually operating under the same circumstances. If they have gained any advantage itis because of our poor domestic form of late. When that improves and we start winning trophies then we will overtake Celtic.

There is no panic, there is no massive gap in finances. We have clearly got the more talented squad AND are in a more stable financial position due to the fact we haven't made any erratic big-money signings of late.

You need to stop taking your information from the media. No wonder you are so depressed.

The finances of the OF swing in roundabouts much like the success. Unless one side has a monumental collapse then both will remain at around the same level.

Hold on

What tells you they are in the black?

DB - where is your evidence that they are in the black and we are in the red. Last set of published accounts for Celtic showed them to be c. 12m in debt, which is a very acceptable level for a business of their size. Rangers on the other hand were in a disatrous position but with the SDM £57m and JJB cash (bad decision in my opinion) our debt was down to single figures before investing in the team this summer. Although it is not so tranparent to get Rangers' figure I would estimate we are c. £15m-£20m in debt before CL run.

Celtic are doing what we did in the 90's of big signings (especially on salaries and long term contracts) and as their turnover is similar to ours for the same reason as us this is not sustainable. Add to that we had much greater success when we we went down that route than they are getting now.

I understand your frustration at the bheggers' luck tonight but I find the negativity of your posts a bit OTT.

Celtic have revealed record annual pre-tax profits of £15.04million following their domestic double and run to the Champions League last 16.The club also confirmed their year-end bank debt, for the year ending June 30 2007, was reduced to £4.99million, down from £9.09million in 2006.

The success in Europe underpins the healthy figures, with Celtic chairman Brian Quinn stating that the club made a net profit of between £11million and £12million from their Champions League involvement.

Quinn warned that there is no guarantee of such impressive financial results next year.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20082007/1/c...ofit-boost.html

Now they will have the same next year clearing there £4.99million debt

We on the other hand there nothing on the net i can find that tells us about making a profit last year!!!

Fact - Celtic have qualified and will recieved Champions League money well into 2008, which will be pure profit. The money will then be used to strengthen the Celtic team.

Rangers have not qualified for the last 16. every penny Rangers earn/Have earned is accounted for to go to the debt SDM ran up in the summer. Failure is not an option for Rangers.

If Rangers and Celtic continue to reach the knockout stages for the next ten years, Celtic will always have an advantage over Rangers when it comes to the financial side of things.