SDM's lack of media appearances

Danny

does anyone ever here from the Arsenal chariman? man u chairman anyone? what about Chelseas chairman? chairman should be there 2 oversee the full running of the club and should not be involve din a day to day basis as shown in the major clubs. Murray got slaughtered for throwing money left right and centre at Rangers and now he has wised up and actually runnig the place as it should be he gets it in the neck again? as for the 2words alan hutton, that is definately looking after the club as Hutton(who i rate as one of the best right backs in the world and no doubt he will join a major team in England) is a great piece of business for a player who only really has had one year as a top player and could quite easily fall from greatness and no-one would want him

Man Utds chief executive David Gill is always on the tv. He was on today talking about the Munich disaster.

Peter Kenyon is always on the tv talking about Chelsea, plans for future etc

Arsenal dont do much pr.

Futhermore, all these clubs have been sucessful and are not in a transistional period. They also have ambition and are leading the club down the correct path

Davie boy only appeals to people who have recently started to support Rangers, people who don't know the history of it all and are easily duped into believing he has the interests of the Club and the Fans at heart. And if anybody says anything different I'll just say two words Alan Hutton. :sherlock:

Thats a classic example of using circumstance to fit in with an opinion.

Does anybody (apart from SDM and Walter) know what happened with regard to the Alan Hutton deal. As far as i'm aware Walter said he couldn't knock it back.... so why then assume that SDM effectively told Walter that Hutton must be sold???? There is no evidence of that at all, just people wanting to believe that it happened as some people want to see the worst in him.

For me it will be a sad sad day when SDM leaves Rangers.

Davie boy only appeals to people who have recently started to support Rangers, people who don't know the history of it all and are easily duped into believing he has the interests of the Club and the Fans at heart. And if anybody says anything different I'll just say two words Alan Hutton. :sherlock:

Then you'd be wrong, just as you were yesterday. :D

does anyone ever here from the Arsenal chariman? man u chairman anyone? what about Chelseas chairman? chairman should be there 2 oversee the full running of the club and should not be involve din a day to day basis as shown in the major clubs. Murray got slaughtered for throwing money left right and centre at Rangers and now he has wised up and actually runnig the place as it should be he gets it in the neck again? as for the 2words alan hutton, that is definately looking after the club as Hutton(who i rate as one of the best right backs in the world and no doubt he will join a major team in England) is a great piece of business for a player who only really has had one year as a top player and could quite easily fall from greatness and no-one would want him

How is selling one of our best young players and not reinvesting back into the squad the best thing for Rangers Football Club?

We will be lucky to see £10 million in the summer. (Which will be the Champions league money) and the money for Hutton will mysteriously disappear

Does anybody (apart from SDM and Walter) know what happened with regard to the Alan Hutton deal. As far as i'm aware Walter said he couldn't knock it back.... so why then assume that SDM effectively told Walter that Hutton must be sold???? There is no evidence of that at all, just people wanting to believe that it happened as some people want to see the worst in him.

Two excellent posts! (tu)

How is selling one of our best young players and not reinvesting back into the squad the best thing for Rangers Football Club?

We will be lucky to see £10 million in the summer. (Which will be the Champions league money) and the money for Hutton will mysteriously disappear

doh That's nonsense, mate. Are you suggesting it goes to Murray or one of his other companies?

It will already have gone to halve the debt, after the CL cash paid for the summer expenditure.

If we win the league, as I believe we will, Walter will get all the guaranteed CL money, since we get automatic qualification for the group stages.

Man Utds chief executive David Gill is always on the tv. He was on today talking about the Munich disaster.

Peter Kenyon is always on the tv talking about Chelsea, plans for future etc

Arsenal dont do much pr.

Futhermore, all these clubs have been sucessful and are not in a transistional period. They also have ambition and are leading the club down the correct path

David Murray is not the Chief Exec of Rangers. That would be Martin Bain. Maybe its up to Martin Bain to speak up more.

And to some extent I will be sorry to when he goes but you must understand his priorities have totally changed, well I qualify that money always comes first now as it did then but in the early days he was willing to throw more of it at the Club. He got burned badly with the Dutch contingent so that influences what he does now in the money stakes which is fair enough. But for us to progress we need new blood with ambition. :sherlock:

be the best thing that happens when that coward leaves the club.

The grass isn't always greener.

Just ask Hearts fans.................

The grass isn't always greener.

Just ask Hearts fans.................

i will take my chance.

I don't really agree with this. I think he's been one of the best chairmen in football.

(tu)

I agree.

Would anyone swap him for any other chairman in our league? :unsure:

It's easy to slag the man, but he has put a lot of his time and money into Rangers and often didn't even take a wage for his troubles.

He is a self made millionare, that takes commitment to his businesses of which our great club is one.

Maybe he keeps quiet because anything he says nowdays is intentionally misenterpeted and used against him by the media, and by some of our fans I'm sorry to say. :(

This thread has slightly lost its way.

I was never posting about his merits or otherwise.

I was not intending to make any judgements about his success at Ibrox.

All I am asking is why he has increasingly shunned the spotlight in recent years.

This is neither a pro or anti SDM thread.

Just asking a question, that's all.

Theres no doubt that SDM has done a lot of good for our club: 9 in a row and financing the Advocaat revolution being the two main examples and nobody can deny how exciting those times were.

Maybe now we look back and find it easy to criticise his mistakes, but hindsight really is such a wonderful thing isn't it?

However there is no doubting that in recent years his apparant lack of interest has gone someway to undoing the good work that he initally did at this club and he is in real danger of outdoing all the good he did.

There comes a time when change is needed, and that time came a few years ago.

Succinctly and accurately described as ever mate... (tu)

As for the post saying SDM put in his own £50million after the fans didn't well that's an interesting but flawed suggestion of commitment:

1. MIH (of which SDM owns 80%) put in the money because the RFC debt was affecting the parent company reports.

2. MIH only put the money in (underwriting the issue) because the fans turned down the chance.

3. The fans turned down the chance because of previous SDM mistakes with huge investment - ask Joe Lewis and ENIC.

4. Quite simply investors did not (and still don't) trust him with their money.

Since 9iar, success is best described as sporadic but to answer Danny's concerns, the reason SDM is out of the limelight is because he no longer has the hunger and ambition he once did.

I've been lucky enough to meet with him on a number of formal and informal occasions. He's the most charismatic, intelligent person I'm ever likely to meet. Sometimes you get the sense great things are on the way back after speaking with him. His enthusiasm appears and it's easy to believe his statements of grandeur.

Then you look at the club with the For Sale sign over the front door and you see just how false the bravado is.

Essentially, he does not want to be here. That's why we don't see him involved compared to the days he really wanted Rangers to be great.

Makes sense to me plus I beleve he thinks he has things in hand with WS and is content to fade into the background.