If we win the treble

I know he went a long way to helping us win 9 in a row, probably did when you consider he was possibly pulling the string even when Souness was the manager.

But, if we win the treble, I think this could go down as his greatest achievement to date. We were a complete shambles when he took over, took over a team who would have struggled to finish 3rd in my opinion, yet, hes not just closed a huge gap, hes completely turned the tables and were now looking down at the rest.

He hasn't had a great deal of cash to spend, especially when you consider hes had to scrap one squad and build another, so for me, this would be his greatest achievement to date.

Hes only managed the one treble so far in 1992/93, which was a brilliant season, far better team than we have today by a long shot, but we were already well on top by then thats why i think this could be his biggest achievment if we do pull it of this season, but not the best team he has had. 192/93 was the best team i saw of his. Brilliant team.

Hes only managed the one treble so far in 1992/93, which was a brilliant season, far better team than we have today by a long shot, but we were already well on top by then thats why i think this could be his biggest achievment if we do pull it of this season, but not the best team he has had. 192/93 was the best team i saw of his. Brilliant team.

if i have the years right is that also the year we played marseille for a place in the CL final? tough year to beat if it was

The sheep team that was 2nd to everything that season were much better than the current sellik team. Anyway, we'll see, long way to go yet.

Hard to argue. 15 months from despair to being on the verge of the triple -- AND still in Europe in APRIL? Brilliant. The quadruple anyone? Unbelievable! Well done Wattie! (and Ally)

the 92/93 season is ahead for me, that was some team. But, coming back from the dead so to speak, were doing well so far.

You have done that yourself Coop a few times - right?

:harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar:

From the given starting points, I think IF he gets the treble then yes, this would be his best as a manager. I'm sure he'll tell you himself that this team, from a footballing point of view, is far from the finished article so to acheive great things with an up and comming group is an amazing achievement in itself. (tu)