Motherwell 1 vs. 4 Celtic FT

J_RFC87

Just double checked on the official site (I feel dirty) and those numbers are right. So unless there's a loophole in the official rules, they've definatley only selected two players under 21.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just double checked on the official site (I feel dirty) and those numbers are right. So unless there's a loophole in the official rules, they've definatley only selected two players under 21.

I think there is a deadline for which players can be included. For example, if a player is under 21 after the 31st of August, he can be considered an under-21 player on match days.

motherwell have been awful today. Celtic fans seem to think they are suddenly a good team again and they are going to win the league. Whatever happens, still 4 points clear and with 2 games in hand going into the old firm game on wednesday.

anything that gets their hopes up is good news. That way there is a better chance of seeing their fans weeping openly in the stands of the phiggery on Wednesday night.

I think there is a deadline for which players can be included. For example, if a player is under 21 after the 31st of August, he can be considered an under-21 player on match days.

yes, I think you are right there Davy. I'm not sure that changes in age during the season affect the rule.

I could be wrong but looking at the squad for todays game they only appeared to have two players that comply with the under 21 rule. Not that I'm against them finding some false optimism before we crush them again, but rules are rules.

sno and caddis both under 21 but mcgeady is now 22 and mizuno is 22 according to wikipedia but not sure if thats correct

Just trawled through the SPL handbook, through about 30+ pages of rules and the way it works is; a player's age is regarded is how old they are on August 31st. As was correctly stated earlier, both Sno and Caddis are under 21 but McGeady was 22 by August 31st. However, Mizuno's birthday is September 6th, making him 21 for the purposes of this season.