What now for our merchandise, Mr Murray?

chris182

This is a travesty. :angry2: While you're at it, look at places like www.scotlandkit.com and tell me why the f*ck they sell Celtic kits but not Rangers. I really think our marketing department is sitting on their own heids more often than not.

Our £3m a year is still guaranteed, so it doesn't have an impact on us financially.

Maybe not, but our profile needs to be raised outwith Scotland, and it's way past time that something was done about it.

This is a travesty. :angry2: While you're at it, look at places like www.scotlandkit.com and tell me why the f*ck they sell Celtic kits but not Rangers. I really think our marketing department is sitting on their own heids more often than not.

Yeah man, a lot of fans questioned this decision when he made the switch announcement and it seems we are well and truly justified in our thinking.

I feel a few of the staff sacked when JJB took over will be looking upon this with interest. Poor buggers

Our £3m a year is still guaranteed, so it doesn't have an impact on us financially.

Maybe not, but our profile needs to be raised outwith Scotland, and it's way past time that something was done about it.

Even if it's to the financial detriment of the club?

I know what you're saying, mate, but assuming that the terms of the deal were not that negotiable then it would cost us a fair amount of cash.

This is true, but when a company has profit losses of 70% you've gotta wonder!

The deal from their perspective always looked a little questionable and it appeears that is typical of the way that they operate their business on the whole.

Its was a guaranteed £3 mil + a percentage of sales over and above that level, wasn't it?

Correct, but it was doubtful that we were ever going to get above the threshold, from what I can gather. We also have the share of £18m that we received upfront which is worth £1.5m per annum (and the associated interest savings as well).

The deal from their perspective always looked a little questionable and it appeears that is typical of the way that they operate their business on the whole.

Certain seems that way bud. I guess we'll see on this one

In Manchester I couldn't bloody find any gers tops, celtics yeah all bastard 3, was a joke in the first place, had to order mine online in the end

sort it out Murray

£25m did go into the whole shutting down process ffs. Quit whinging. Next year they'll make £33m+, as all the stores they closed were LOSING THEM MONEY.

£25m did go into the whole shutting down process ffs. Quit whinging. Next year they'll make £33m+, as all the stores they closed were LOSING THEM MONEY.

Ain't whingin dog just pointing out the facts and asking for comments on how this could affect us. However, you're probably right - time will tell

In Manchester I couldn't bloody find any gers tops, celtics yeah all bastard 3, was a joke in the first place, had to order mine online in the end

sort it out Murray

This situation arises all over, not just the lack of Gers jops but take the simple fact of our kit sponsor Umbro. They are not quite the world brand that Nike and Adidas are therefore you don't see them in the Nike or Adidas shops all over the world.

How sickening it was for me walking through two different Nike Superstores in Vegas when I was there in February to see Manky Celtc strips dripping from the hangers. Fucking made me sick quite frankly..

sort it out Murray

This situation arises all over, not just the lack of Gers jops but take the simple fact of our kit sponsor Umbro. They are not quite the world brand that Nike and Adidas are therefore you don't see them in the Nike or Adidas shops all over the world.

How sickening it was for me walking through two different Nike Superstores in Vegas when I was there in February to see Manky Celtc strips dripping from the hangers. Fucking made me sick quite frankly..

absolutely, terrible cos we'll be left behind if this burring heads in the sand continues. We need to exploit it like Celtic do!!

sort it out Murray

All over the place in North America.

300+ million people...our stuff could become a recognized brand if someone came in marketing with a brain.