English media have ignored Rangers Uefa Cup success

As a Gers fan living in England I am amazed just how little coverage we received following our win over Sporting Lisbon. Is Spurs or Everton had beaten the likes of Werder Bremen and Sporting they would have been plastered all over the net and backpages of the tabloid. I scoured through a number of non-Rangers sites to see if there was any coverage at all and we barely got a mention the only thing i found was this article (below) on the rise of the scots and Rangers in international and european football which was a decent read . But come on English media how about a bit of credit where credit is due!!!

http://www.footballpools.com/pundits-corne...-mac%e2%80%99s/

Equates to much the same as how the Scottish media largely ignored Middlesborough's run to the UEFA cup final.

True, but the sides that Rangers have beaten deserve praise, if Boro had beaten the likes of Werder Bremen I would expect plenty of coverage, they lost to the only top side they faced, in fact they got hammered

We're very interested in English football, but cant expect it to work the other about, they're just not interested.

that's why i liked that piece on footballpools.com it is blatantly written by an englishman but at least he showed an unbiased view on scottish football and its recent improvements. The fella obviously regarded Rangers and the national sides recent performances were praiseworthy which I was impressed with. Going to leave a comment praising the guy for at least acknowledging a British side outside the English Premier League for a change.

We're very interested in English football, but cant expect it to work the other about, they're just not interested.

that's why i liked that piece on footballpools.com it is blatantly written by an englishman but at least he showed an unbiased view on scottish football and its recent improvements. The fella obviously regarded Rangers and the national sides recent performances were praiseworthy which I was impressed with. Going to leave a comment praising the guy for at least acknowledging a British side outside the English Premier League for a change.

It's difficult to assess, it's easy to measure in the short run but if it can only be judged, imo, in the long run if they can continue with this media reporting.

It's the same with the Beeb, they jumped on the Rangers bandwagon once they realise we're doing quite well for a change.

It's difficult to assess, it's easy to measure in the short run but if it can only be judged, imo, in the long run if they can continue with this media reporting.

It's the same with the Beeb, they jumped on the Rangers bandwagon once they realise we're doing quite well for a change.

I reckon that a high percentage of English people would not even know we are in the semi's as coverage stopped once Spurs and Everton went out!

I reckon that a high percentage of English people would not even know we are in the semi's as coverage stopped once Spurs and Everton went out!

Nah I think if they're genuinely interested in football I think they would know easily. Just watching the games, or paying attention is a different matter.

The English media have 3 teams to report on who are still in the Champions league, as well as the battles going on for relegation, and to a lesser extent now, winning the EPL. To be fair, even the Championship barely gets a mention, so what are the chances of any Scottish football getting much of a mention? If we get to the final, it will be reported in a bigger way for sure, but we are in the semi's of a diddy cup.

Equates to much the same as how the Scottish media largely ignored Middlesborough's run to the UEFA cup final.

Bingo.

ITV have done Rangers proud this season. They have well-wished Rangers and complimented them 10 times more than thier STV counterparts.

True, but the sides that Rangers have beaten deserve praise, if Boro had beaten the likes of Werder Bremen I would expect plenty of coverage, they lost to the only top side they faced, in fact they got hammered

They did beat the likes of VfB and Roma ffs.

Badger's Middlesbrough argument holds water.

Excellent thread this, if this sort of thing was posted on most other Scottish teams sites it would all be about big English so and so's this and big English so and so's that, but since WATP we realise that just as our media don't celibrate English success the English don't do it with ours

Wait till we win it.

Couple that with a Man U Champions League Triump and you'll soon have the English media proclaiming the great British dominance of European football.

When we fail we are Scots, when we win we are British.

Wait till we win it.

Couple that with a Man U Champions League Triump and you'll soon have the English media proclaiming the great British dominance of European football.

Mate, when we win it we'll be called English! :craphead::lol:

Wait till we win it.

but surely teams from the spl and the premiership winning it would be British dominance of European football?

Also your last sentence is the most tired out, unsubstantiated pile of shite that i keep hearing every so often.

Wait till we win it.

but surely teams from the spl and the premiership winning it would be British dominance of European football?

Also your last sentence is the most tired out, unsubstantiated pile of shite that i keep hearing every so often.

No and its true!

Wait till we win it.

it isnt shite at all mate, ive noticed it myself, thats the media for you though.

Wait till we win it.

Mike Parry is a real patriot and he was saying this could well be the greatest week in the history of British football with 4 teams in the semi's. I only wish it had been on TV so I could have seen brazil's big petted lip as he said it :lol:

All very well, but I don't know if you can actually talk about British football. There's no one united league. There's an English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish league, but no British league.

So yeah potentially two teams from the British Isles could win both European competitions, but its not a success for British football, coz theres no such thing.

So yeah potentially two teams from the British Isles could win both European competitions, but its not a success for British football, coz theres no such thing.

(tu) Spot on.