Going to Italy

thunderhawk

just a wee word of warning to anyone going to italy, may the 1st in italy is a public holiday and i've heard that they shut down all the public transport i.e trains/buses for the whole day so those of you that are travelling might have some problems, they also shut all the pubs as well so i've heard. i dont have any links to back this up but i've heard it from a few people just thought i'd let you all know.

just a wee word of warning to anyone going to italy, may the 1st in italy is a public holiday and i've heard that they shut down all the public transport i.e trains/buses for the whole day so those of you that are travelling might have some problems, they also shut all the pubs as well so i've heard. i dont have any links to back this up but i've heard it from a few people just thought i'd let you all know.

Don't believe eveything you hear mate.

http://www.italiarail.co.uk/tickets/IR/IRUK.asp?AFF=ITR

Assuming that they're not selling tix for cancelled trains.

Pubs tough, yes they will likely be shut in the City Cente and near the ground.

But restaurants and hotels will probably be OK.

ive got a bad feeling that fans will be attacked in italy, by the uniformed neds and 'normal' neds

If thats the case then I'm fecked :craphead: I'm travelling through on my own, as none of my family/pals can get the time off work!!!

I'm still going though, and appreciate all the info posted so far in this thread, off to book my ticket in the morn!!

I went to the Everton Fiorentina game. There was no bother. I was in the Fiorentina end with the most hassel being the Fiorentina fans singing Liverpool, Liverpool.

There should not be any bother at this game guys. Fiorentina are a 'protestant' team in Italy and we should be rejoicing with these guys.

They even sing hello, hello.

There will be no bars open, absolutely not. There will be transport on, definately.

Firenze has an airport, yes. I said Pisa because it'll be cheaper flying with Ryanair, thats all. Bologna is about 2 hours away on the train. You can book the train online on trenitalia website if you have a credit card and you get a reduction. You'll need to register first. Ive done this many times travelling over from Scotland and its the best way.

Siamo protestante, siamo fratelli.

Enjoy the game guys.

I went to the Everton Fiorentina game. There was no bother. I was in the Fiorentina end with the most hassel being the Fiorentina fans singing Liverpool, Liverpool.

There should not be any bother at this game guys. Fiorentina are a 'protestant' team in Italy and we should be rejoicing with these guys.

They even sing hello, hello.

There will be no bars open, absolutely not. There will be transport on, definately.

Firenze has an airport, yes. I said Pisa because it'll be cheaper flying with Ryanair, thats all. Bologna is about 2 hours away on the train. You can book the train online on trenitalia website if you have a credit card and you get a reduction. You'll need to register first. Ive done this many times travelling over from Scotland and its the best way.

Siamo protestante, siamo fratelli.

Enjoy the game guys.

What do you reckon the chances will be of picking up a ticket out there?

Well from what I hear the Fiorentina fans that came to Glasgow were sound! THey had Union Flags and where wearing Rangers jerseys etc. I reckon there will be no trouble at all over there. (Barring a few drunking scuffles)

I have a new respect for Fiorentina fans having seen their "show" on Thursday night.

Florence has an airport aswell, but I dont think Glasgow fly there direct either that or the flights are way too expensive.

We are flying into Pisa and the lad who is the manager of our hotel has a mini-bus and is taking 8 of us into Florence and taking us back to Pisa for 40 euros each way, between 8? thats 5 euros each, each way.

That will do me.