***The Official celtc v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldnt give a shit if SpecialK is a tim or not, the fact of the matter is, those bastard officials made some extremely shitty decisions which whatever way you look at it gave pikey FC a big hand over us. IF jam dickhead of cornwalls challenge on amdy faye wasnt a sending off im not sure what warrants a REAL sending off.

Walter has just said, unprompted, that overall he felt the referee did "very well today". So can we now take a wee break from blaming officials for our misfortune?

We lost.

It fuckin hurts.

Deal with it!

The way we played for most of the 1st half showed that we can make any team we're up against look foolish. Ok, we didn't keep it going in the 2nd half, but with the level of injuries and suspensions we have, and the amount of hard games we've had recently, how could we realistically expect to keep up that pace of play for 90mins?

I'm still very confident we can & will win the SPL.

:rangers:

there is a reason the tims got into the last 16 twice in a row, they are no shit team..as we seen today

GTF. Perhaps that reason is a "little help from their friends" (as in today's match).

No..............they beat us today because after we got the lead we stopped doing the things that got us there. We stopped pressing the scum midfield, sat back and tried to slow the game down, therefore playing right into their hands.

The officials didn't help today, but neither did they lose the game for us.

Beg to differ there. 3-2, and the winning goal was offside. They most certainly DID lose the game for us. Yes, I agree totally about us dropping back - said it in another post as well - but they beat us through decisions made (or rather NOT made) by a very poor Ref.

Walter has just said, unprompted, that overall he felt the referee did "very well today". So can we now take a wee break from blaming officials for our misfortune?

We lost.

It fuckin hurts.

Deal with it!

The way we played for most of the 1st half showed that we can make any team we're up against look foolish. Ok, we didn't keep it going in the 2nd half, but with the level of injuries and suspensions we have, and the amount of hard games we've had recently, how could we realistically expect to keep up that pace of play for 90mins?

I feel walter will be feeling a bit different once he sees the replays of the big decisions.

Guest johngers

We lost.

It fuckin hurts.

Deal with it!

Walter ony said that because if he said different he would be up in front of the SFA

We lost.

It fuckin hurts.

Deal with it!

hes not exactly gonna say anything else in risk of a reprimand from the SFA

Whittaker deserved to be sent off 2 daft useless lunges, but so did Naylor for his two tackles. FFS Whittaker if your going to lunge in MAKE CONTACT and be sent off for a reason, we cant afford to miss anyone out the squad now.

The handballs in the box were both balanced out both Dailly and Caldwell moved their hands to block the ball. The penalty was outside the box and the 1st goal was offside but still both cases terrible defending by us, how we miss Cuellar.

Some people dont understand McCulloch's role in the team, this is exactly the game McCulloch is built for - a big physical player who makes the opposition think twice before sticking the boot in.

The turning point in the game for me was Hartley's challenge on Ferguson after our 2nd goal after that we never regained the fluid movement in midfield

i thought we were seriously unlucky today, tell you what i felt like smashing whittaker at the end - hope to fuck ally kicks his baws in the dressing room, but we can do this 5 wins from 6 is all we need, this is what supporting rangers is all about big matches - cannae wait till thursday and truley make this a season amazing.

there is a reason the tims got into the last 16 twice in a row, they are no shit team..as we seen today

GTF. Perhaps that reason is a "little help from their friends" (as in today's match).

No..............they beat us today because after we got the lead we stopped doing the things that got us there. We stopped pressing the scum midfield, sat back and tried to slow the game down, therefore playing right into their hands.

The officials didn't help today, but neither did they lose the game for us.

we didn't help our cause in the 2nd half by not playing as well as the 1st, but if you dont think the officials lost us the game you are very mistaken, Mcdonalds offside for the 1st goal, Caldwells handball in 1st half, Robsons handball not long after just outside the celtic area. where you watching the same game???

Broadfoot not getting sent off for the penalty? The scum not getting a penalty when Dailly handled? Get some balance ffs!

The referee missed some, got some right, and chickened out of a lot of decisions against both sides. Yes, Vinegar should have gone for assault on Faye. No, Whittaker probably shouldn't have been sent off. But that's not why we lost! doh

We are ALL hurting badly after the game, and our emotions are running riot. We're tempted to look for scapegoats, whether it be the usual suspects(timmy ref, Broadfoot, etc.) or anyone else we can hang it on(Dailly e.g.) and this is understandable. But if we all take the blue-tinted specs off for a spell and think about it most will probably agree that we had the game in our pocket and we let it get away.

And no amount of paranoia is gonna change the result.

Did Celtanta actually show our fans today, all I can remember is there show of Celtc songs.

the panning of the camera across the pikeys when they sing YNWA made me vomit blood, bet theres a party in the CELTANTA offices tonight

Did Celtanta actually show our fans today, all I can remember is there show of Celtc songs.

the panning of the camera across the pikeys when they sing YNWA made me vomit blood, bet theres a party in the CELTANTA offices tonight

I can't remember seeing them other than when we were behind.

I can't remember seeing them other than when we were behind.

Yep, and if we'd been the side that went 3-2 up it would have been our fans doing the :bouncy: that would have been shown.

Scott Booth said when the ball struck Dailly's arm: "Should have been a penalty, he meant it"

Didn't f*cking hear him demand a penalty for when Caldwell handballed it 3 times?

And when Hesselink nearly killed Faye, Booth didn't see too much wrong with it.

F*cking hate Setanta and definately thinking about not renewing my subscription next season!

:angry2:

Scott Booth said when the ball struck Dailly's arm: "Should have been a penalty, he meant it"

Didn't f*cking hear him demand a penalty for when Caldwell handballed it 3 times?

F*cking hate Setanta and definately thinking about not renewing my subscription next season!

The three times the ball hit their hands he found it somewhat amusing.

id say scott booth was more than fair today..for a change