European penalty shoot outs

Briton

When Ferguson missed the first one last night I was comforted a bit by the fact that we have been behind before and won...at PSG. I think it was the opposite against Dortmund, where we got ahead but lost out. Am I right about that or is my memory playing tricks?

The Maritimo one I can't remember much at all except that I think Khiz got the winner.

I don't agree with this 'past record' stuff and don't listen to it.

Walter had never beaten a Portuguese or Italian team before, and there are other records which have been blitzed thsi season.

When the team were stepping up the penalties last night, not one of them said "oh but Rangers got beat in 1990 in penalties after the first one was missed...."

I don't agree with this 'past record' stuff and don't listen to it.

Walter had never beaten a Portuguese or Italian team before, and there are other records which have been blitzed thsi season.

When the team were stepping up the penalties last night, not one of them said "oh but Rangers got beat in 1990 in penalties after the first one was missed...."

Are you in the right thread? I was just making the point that it's interesting how often a team who seem to be winning a penalty shoot out end up losing. Seems to have happened to us a few times.

Has nothing to do with whether Walter Smith has won a game against a Portuguese or Italian team and nobody said anything about what the players would be thinking.

Ferguson showed a lot of bottle to take that first PK..he was getting pelters for not stepping up in the CIS and SC Semi, it was a good penalty as well just a quality save.

Hemdani as well, after missing v St Johnstone, could have easily hid away but went up and slotted it home.