WILL THEY OPEN IBROX

:unionflag:

I'm not going to get to manchester due to folk getting their holidays in before me so, does anyone know if they'll open Ibrox & show it on the big screens. Although going by reading here & other fansites, there may be no Rangers supporters left in scotland, only me, sob sob.

Rangers fans determined to follow their team in its pursuit of European glory are being met with booked-out hotel rooms, packed planes and trains, and tickets selling on eBay for more than £5000 a pair.

The team's last-minute win on penalties over Fiorentina on Thursday has led to a rush in supporters wanting to join the action at the City of Manchester Stadium, where Rangers will meet Russian league winners Zenit St Petersburg on May 14.

One internet search site for hotels recorded a 500% increase in trade on Thursday night.

Supporters groups said fans would not be put off by the city's reluctance to create a fan zone and big screens to watch the game, or by the lack of accommodation. Jim Templeton, president of the Rangers Supporters Assembly, said: "We're looking forward to it greatly and it will be wonderful to take the blue sea of Ibrox to Manchester."

However, for those who cannot make the journey, Glasgow City Council will screen the match on a big screen in George Square.

Last night eBay was selling a pair of tickets for more than £5000. Around 3000 tickets have already been allocated to fans across the world through a Uefa ballot, while Rangers will divide up its 15,000 allocation through its travel club and season ticket holders. The club is also trying to get its allocation for the 50,000 capacity stadium increased.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/news/displ...5000_a_pair.php

However, for those who cannot make the journey, Glasgow City Council will screen the match on a big screen in George Square.

GCC (Glasgow Catholic Council) putting up the big screens for a Rangers game??? Holy f**k. Was that a flying pig I just saw.

GCC (Glasgow Catholic Council) putting up the big screens for a Rangers game??? Holy f**k. Was that a flying pig I just saw.

:lol: belter !!