Welcome Zenit fans to Rangersmedia !

Ranger fans

I've seen your today game against Dandy, you have a good team.

I think in Russian PL your place would be 5-6.

Due to injury, that was not our best team. However, we will play strong, trust me.

I think Zenit would be 7th in the SPL ;)

I know you'll play strong.

I put your team 5 in our league because the quality of your play is no way better than of Zenit, Spartak, CSKA and Locomotive. And take the 5 place as a compliment because our league is strong, number 4-5 in Europe.

Portic go away and work out how many games we've played in the course of our season, then compare it against your team after that amount of games and how they would have performed today. A game on the eve of a Uefa cup final. Then come back and apologise :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true portic. We can beat any team in a game. Zenit are a very good side, without a doubt and I admire the team.

But I see it as 50:50 and hope we win. I also want a great night for everyone and a big part in both our clubs history.

Our people will mix together and have a great time.

We'll see if Zenit play as good a game as you Russki's talk ;)

We know Zenit are strong but underestimate us at your peril.

I am not saying we are going to defeat you. No. Everything can happen. Especially in one game, where your tactic is to defend and conterattack and our is to look for the holes in your defence. I am talking about the team quality. You beat Lion there, but you are not going to say that you are better? :)

Was it not Spartak Moscow that Celtic put out? Cant be too great if Celtic put them out!

Did you see that game?

In Moscow Celtic should be destroyed 4-1 or 5-1. The reffery killed Spartak there. And in Glasgow it was equal match. You guys have to understand that 50% of your team sucess (Rangers and Celtic) is due to support which is great.

But celtic still went through. And then reached last 16. I wouldnt say the Russian League is one of the best in europe. Not even close.

So what about your league?

It is even difficult to call it so, it is the competition of two teams only!

UEFA Rankings suggest that we are indeed better?...and they should decide.... :pipe:

...any argument, then go and complain to them guys!

Enough talking...next stop Manchester...WE ARE COMING!!!

:smiley: :footballew: :smiley:

Was it not Spartak Moscow that Celtic put out? Cant be too great if Celtic put them out!

Did you see that game?

In Moscow Celtic should be destroyed 4-1 or 5-1. The reffery killed Spartak there. And in Glasgow it was equal match. You guys have to understand that 50% of your team sucess (Rangers and Celtic) is due to support which is great.

That old excuse.

Every team "should have beaten us" in the UEFA cup run.

We're in the final, and they're not.

We're all forgetting Lokomotiv Moscows brilliant european run,

Group B

Team Played Points

Atletico Madrid 4 10

Panathinaikos 4 9

Aberdeen 4 4

Copenhagen 4 3

Lokomotiv Moscow 4 2

A team Portic suggests would finish above us :laugh:

Did you see that game?

But celtic still went through. And then reached last 16. I wouldnt say the Russian League is one of the best in europe. Not even close.

I never said our league was one of the best in europe. I know its not

The problem of our League is the absance of good infrastructure (we have now only one high qaulity stadium-Locomotive, and several are in the way among them also 65000 new Zenit stadium Gazprom-Arena). As for the League quality I would level our league with German and French. In addition you judge the Legue not only on the base of the leader teams but also (and maybe mostly) by the middle table teams.

Did you see that game?

That old excuse.

exactly Jadams. Rangers are in the Final and the teams we beat are not. Zenit next.

Did you see that game?

I never said our league was one of the best in europe. I know its not

The problem of our League is the absance of good infrastructure (we have now only one high qaulity stadium-Locomotive, and several are in the way among them also 65000 new Zenit stadium Gazprom-Arena). As for the League quality I would level our league with German and French. In addition you judge the Legue not only on the base of the leader teams but also (and maybe mostly) by the middle table teams.

Does infrastructure affect team performance beyond the possible lack of fans for inspiration? And middle teams in russian league? As in Lokomotiv who, as somebody earlier pointed out, finished bottom of their uefa cup group whilst aberdeen (yes thats a scottish middle table side) finished 3rd and qualified.

You are looking for point achievments, any team can have up and down at cirtain times. Locomotive was 5-6 years ago in 1/4 final of Champions League. Last season in was a disaster for Loko, thier worst season. This season it is a very strong team. Again look at the current League country rating mate. Usually it is a good reflection of your League quality (maybe exept Romania, which went so high by mistake).

I cant remember the story of the coal one, but its true. One of the guys will know. The Tour de France bike was presented to Rangers by St. Etienne in the 50's.

I think it was 1975/76 Coop.

so did I Manti, but one of the guys said it was a game from the 50's before. I could be wrong.

Ranger fans

And Zenit are where?

13th?

Look the amount of games we played

By the way, have anyone of you any sympathies for some teamDo from English Premier League?

Chelsea

And why? Do you like their game or there's another reason?

Brothers in blue.

They're very much pro-Britain, pro-monarchy and pro-loyalist.

We played a freindly last year, both fans singing in unison and unity.

I cant remember the story of the coal one, but its true. One of the guys will know. The Tour de France bike was presented to Rangers by St. Etienne in the 50's.

I think it was 1975/76 Coop.

so did I Manti, but one of the guys said it was a game from the 50's before. I could be wrong.

We did knock them out in 57/58 (?) but I'm sure the bike was from the 70s.

Could be wrong, I will research it.

Did you see that game?

That old excuse.

exactly Jadams. Rangers are in the Final and the teams we beat are not. Zenit next.

Funny how portic comes out with a 50% figure. Where did he get that from? Some scientific calculation? :rolleyes:

Also, you can get lucky in the odd game, in the short run. In the Long run, luck should fade out and the best teams and filtered through, with the poor lucky teams filtered out.

We have a played a record amount of European games to the final. That's that argument out the window! :rangers:

for you Zenit men who know nothing of Celtic/IRA, look at this. Sgt Michael Willetts, a British soldier threw his body on a bomb set by the IRA, intended to kill many people. He knew what he was doing. He paid the price, as you will see by his body. He saved many innocent men, women and childrens lives. And Sgt Willetts is just one of many soldiers.

Ranger fans

And Zenit are where?

13th?

Look the amount of games we played

If we had your money we would be first and would stay first! :rangers:

I wouldn't rate our league as 5-6 in Europe, but i think we must be in the 1-st 10. And I have no doubts that we have the strongest league in the Eastern Europe.

But don't forget that our championship has it's own unique specificity. None team in the world has to fly over 6,500 kilometers to play the game of the regular season and other distances which our teams has to overcome are way longer then in any European country. All these flights exhaust our players very much,

Rather hard climate still scares many high-class players and our clubs have to pay twice to get them. And nevertheless top European player will never come to Russia despite our top teams can pay him salary which he wishes, that's all because of the above listed problems...