The Hutton case for the integration of yonngsters

finzster

Hi guys,

Just wondering whether young Alan Hutton is beginning to win over his doubters among the fans?

There used to be a barrage of posts requesting that he be relieved of his place in the team, however they are not as frequent these days.

I think that young guys like him will develop into a true Rangers (and Scotland) stalwart given time to settle, make his mistakes and learn from them. Guys like Hutton really are the future of Rangers, given the climate of football these days.

I would much rather integrate a number of the youngsters into the team, much like Hutton, Smith, Adam this season in order to allow them to progress to the next level; which will in turn improve the fortunes of the club as a whole. The youngsters will prove to be the beating heart of the club.

While I see the current necessity to bring a battle scarred veteren like Weir to the club, I would ponder whether it would be beneficial to also introduce a young centre half from the u19s/u21s; at least for training with the first team, as working with the likes of Weir would be hugely influential to the said lad's career.

Also, with Prso likely to retire at the end of the season, why not promote the likes of Carcary, Loy et al to the first team squad to train with the great man, as this can only insentivise them to reach the levels of the man.

What I would like to see is the likes of Svennson, Sebo, GavRae, Hemdani, Sionko, Buffel ,Novo (???); who have all had their chances and failed (perhaps with the exception of Novo) to take the team forward. Let's get the young guys blooded just now for the better of the future! There really will be no better opportunity.

What do you all say:

"Shut the hell up you tw@t, you have no idea what you're talking about you diddy!"

or

"I agree Finz, your knowledge and understanding is truelly astounding, bravo old chap!"

In many ways I like Hutton, there's no doubting his committment or his affection for the club, he's managed to overcome a lot of unwarrented abuse from his own fans and on his day he's a decent right back.

BUT.

Is he good enough to make the position his own for the next few years - I have my doubts.

Unless there is a major improvement under Walter with regard to his consistancy I forsee that we'll have a new RB maybe not in January but certainly in the summer.

IMO Hutton has improved this season but he is not good enough for Rangers. If you lok at Whittaker in comparison there is a world of difference. There is no point strengthening the CF position if we stay weak on the flanks.

IMO Hutton has improved this season but he is not good enough for Rangers. If you lok at Whittaker in comparison there is a world of difference. There is no point strengthening the CF position if we stay weak on the flanks.

BWC - Whittiker???

He is so inept as a full back that he has been moved to midfield, with a 19 year old proving to be a far superior solution.

Yes Whittiker is excellent going forward, but his defensive abilities are along the lines of Sebo's striking prowess!

Hutton is > Whittiker at RB!

BWC - Whittiker???

He is so inept as a full back that he has been moved to midfield, with a 19 year old proving to be a far superior solution.

Yes Whittiker is excellent going forward, but his defensive abilities are along the lines of Sebo's striking prowess!

The only reason he was moved to midfield was because of the Brown/Thompson situation.I disagree about the guys capabilities in defence and if you honestly believe that Huttons a better defender, please tell me all about HIS capabilities.

Yeah scary, with only 1 player older than 22 the word has it.

I watched the highlights on shitsport last night, and the boy Stevenson looked good making the Fletch goal!

The hibbees seem to think that Fletch will be the best of all the players they have produced so far!

Yeah scary, with only 1 player older than 22 the word has it.

I watched the highlights on shitsport last night, and the boy Stevenson looked good making the Fletch goal!

The hibbees seem to think that Fletch will be the best of all the players they have produced so far!

Hi Finzter OF should be producing enough talent on its own without having to plunder Hibs at regular intervals. Must be sickening if you are a Hibee

Hi guys,

Just wondering whether young Alan Hutton is beginning to win over his doubters among the fans?

There used to be a barrage of posts requesting that he be relieved of his place in the team, however they are not as frequent these days.

I think that young guys like him will develop into a true Rangers (and Scotland) stalwart given time to settle, make his mistakes and learn from them. Guys like Hutton really are the future of Rangers, given the climate of football these days.

I would much rather integrate a number of the youngsters into the team, much like Hutton, Smith, Adam this season in order to allow them to progress to the next level; which will in turn improve the fortunes of the club as a whole. The youngsters will prove to be the beating heart of the club.

While I see the current necessity to bring a battle scarred veteren like Weir to the club, I would ponder whether it would be beneficial to also introduce a young centre half from the u19s/u21s; at least for training with the first team, as working with the likes of Weir would be hugely influential to the said lad's career.

Also, with Prso likely to retire at the end of the season, why not promote the likes of Carcary, Loy et al to the first team squad to train with the great man, as this can only insentivise them to reach the levels of the man.

What I would like to see is the likes of Svennson, Sebo, GavRae, Hemdani, Sionko, Buffel ,Novo (???); who have all had their chances and failed (perhaps with the exception of Novo) to take the team forward. Let's get the young guys blooded just now for the better of the future! There really will be no better opportunity.

What do you all say:

"Shut the hell up you tw@t, you have no idea what you're talking about you diddy!"

or

"I agree Finz, your knowledge and understanding is truelly astounding, bravo old chap!"

fair point - but the question is .. would we as a support be supportive of players that make errors which result in our losing matches?? what i would like to see is ourselves and celtic having a b team in the 1st division! the b team should have a limit to the number of over 25?s and foreigners that can play! this would give us the oppurtunity to bring youngsters through and also help the first division clubs as i am sure that for a match against the OF they would have higher attendances and also tv companies would be more interested in the matches!!

Whittaker is good going forward but very,very poor defensively. Look at the game at Ibroxand his performance against Hearts and Celtic,for example.

Hutton whether people like it or not has been our best defender in the past 5 weeks.

BWC - Whittiker???

The only reason he was moved to midfield was because of the Brown/Thompson situation.I disagree about the guys capabilities in defence and if you honestly believe that Huttons a better defender, please tell me all about HIS capabilities.

Hutton is an improved Gers crusader. His confidence and self belief appear to be on the rise, which in turn is allowing him to be an improved performer.

In my opinion, the lad is a good/competent defender, decent going forward (and improving); and it is only the poor performances earlier in the season that is tainting his value to the team (in fans opinions). It seems to be general consensus that he is a much improved performer, and should he continue to progress he will be a long term asset to the club.

Do you disagree with my assertions?

Whittaker is not a viable option for us IMHO. He is more of a wing back then a full back and often gets caught out whne he is up against a player with pace (the game at Ibrox is a perfect example)

What is the point in trying to improve our defnce if we are going to sign a defender who spends most of a game attacking to opposition. It would be a nightmare. Burke offers little cover to Hutton as it is, so think how easy it would be to attack us down that flank.

Whittaker is not a viable option for us IMHO. He is more of a wing back then a full back and often gets caught out whne he is up against a player with pace (the game at Ibrox is a perfect example)

What is the point in trying to improve our defnce if we are going to sign a defender who spends most of a game attacking to opposition. It would be a nightmare. Burke offers little cover to Hutton as it is, so think how easy it would be to attack us down that flank.

Excellent assessment, DADO.

BWC - Whittiker???

Hutton is an improved Gers crusader. His confidence and self belief appear to be on the rise, which in turn is allowing him to be an improved performer.

In my opinion, the lad is a good/competent defender, decent going forward (and improving); and it is only the poor performances earlier in the season that is tainting his value to the team (in fans opinions). It seems to be general consensus that he is a much improved performer, and should he continue to progress he will be a long term asset to the club.

Do you disagree with my assertions?

As i have said previously I think he has improved this season and where I disagree with you is when you say IF he continues to improve.I don't think his level of consistancy has improved as seen by us all who went to Dunfermline.He was rank rotten that day though I admit he wasn't the only one. He also attacks down the flank like Whittaker but where they differ is his final touch is rubbish.Now if HE was to concentrate on his defensive qualities then things might be different. However,I appreciate your point of view and I hope my concerns are proved to be unfounded. I'm going back to Dunfermline for the next game and I will look for a different performance.

Hi guys,

Not this one.

He still has his minority of supporters in the ranks, but in the grand scheme of things I believe the majority would rather have someone else.

That is quite saddening. Look what happened to Mo Ross. The fact is Hutton is a pretty average at best right back. And I'm being generous. I've seen no improvement from him for years.

What do you all say:

or

Ya tw*t ;)

j/k

Decent post, although I strongly disagree with your sentiments regarding Hutton.

Excellent assessment, DADO.

Cheers (tu) (beer)

Whatever way you want to look at it Huuton has had as big a part to play in Rangers being a shamble defensively this season as anyone! Pepole who say Whittaker is not a good defender compared to Hutton must be mad cause this kid cant do anything! Yes, he is athletic and realtively quick but he is poor going forward and even worse defensively! The difference between him and some of the better full backs in the SPL such as Whittaker, Murphy, Smith and Naylor is night and day!