Own goal over altered image

Own goal over altered image

http://images.newsquest.co.uk/image.php?id...8&type=full

(Link to image.)

In the Evening Times print edition of May 2, an image of Rangers fans celebrating after the club's UEFA Cup semi-final win over Fiorentina was altered.

While the photograph appeared in full in the online edition, we have received a number of complaints from readers.

Today Evening Times editor Donald Martin said: "As a Glasgow based newspaper we are always mindful of the sensitivities involved in covering the Old Firm.

"We are champions of both clubs and their supporters and always try to ensure our coverage is balanced.

advertisement

"On this occasion we failed to take into account that the fans were displaying a recognised flag. The picture was, however, used in full online.

"We apologise for any upset we may have caused and wish Rangers and their supporters the best of luck on Wednesday."

Yeah. I was one of the first to e-mail them when I got back from Florence.

It was the first thing I done after buying the Evening Times at Glasgow Airport.

I am disgusted at what they done, but at least they have issued an apology and we can forget and move on.

They air brushed and edited all the red hands out of Ulster flags in the crowd.

Odd.

Do they not take into account that some of us may actually be from Ulster?

Still, at least they have the balls to apologise.

Lex Gold, take note ;)

They air brushed and edited all the red hands out of Ulster flags in the crowd.

Odd.

Do they not take into account that some of us may actually be from Ulster?

Still, at least they have the balls to apologise.

Lex Gold, take note ;)

That's exactly it. There was probably a couple of hundred Ulstermen in the Rangers end at Florence and its a kick in the stones to see something like that.