The only Ferguson thread you'll ever need

There's been alot of abuse directed at our captain recently and to be honest it's sickening. This talk of him not being an attacking midfielder is nothing but sheer ignorance. Barry Ferguson is the best passer in the country no? That kinda makes him the most creative player in the country.

He's the most effective attacking midfielder in the league for fucks sake.....

I'm not having a go at Walter at all - i totally appreciate the way he's set out his stall this season. But watching Pirlo play against us at Hampden last year made me think....what if we gave Barry the Pirlo role? No tackling. No tracking back. No marking. No concern whatsoever except finding space and picking out those superstar passes. Thing is - it's all dependant on Gattusso - the headless chicken (as much as i love him) - running around like a maniac, throwing himself at everything, never going forward, only ever bothering to look up to pass to Pirlo. But we've got Thomson. Surely he's the perfect candidate? He'd need to work on his stamina levels but he's a already better player than Gattusso (technique wise).

Man Utd do pretty much the same with Carrick (you may have noticed him doing fuck all but pass it about recently) and have converted Scholes into a defensive mid as a result.

Makes sense to me but i'm kinda high right now - just found the forum by the way - looks fucking cool....

Amo

Yeah dude... totally, like... fuck yeah.

Whilst we are it, why don't we put Beasley in at Center Half with Cuellar. His pace would ensure no forward got one on one with the keeper.

Fuck yeah.

Surfs up... I'm outy. Peace.

There's been alot of abuse directed at our captain recently and to be honest it's sickening. This talk of him not being an attacking midfielder is nothing but sheer ignorance. Barry Ferguson is the best passer in the country no? That kinda makes him the most creative player in the country.

I'm not having a go at Walter at all - i totally appreciate the way he's set out his stall this season. But watching Pirlo play against us at Hampden last year made me think....what if we gave Barry the Pirlo role? No tackling. No tracking back. No marking. No concern whatsoever except finding space and picking out those superstar passes. Thing is - it's all dependant on Gattusso - the headless chicken (as much as i love him) - running around like a maniac, throwing himself at everything, never going forward, only ever bothering to look up to pass to Pirlo. But we've got Thomson. Surely he's the perfect candidate? He'd need to work on his stamina levels but he's a already better player than Gattusso (technique wise).

Man Utd do pretty much the same with Carrick (you may have noticed him doing fuck all but pass it about recently) and have converted Scholes into a defensive mid as a result.

Makes sense to me but i'm kinda high right now - just found the forum by the way - looks fucking cool....

Amo

Well that explains why you think he's the best passer in the country :craphead:

Yet another post about lets revolve the team around Ferguson!

Wake up he is the Problem

Flunk me! I have been saying that for years in the pub and getting all sorts of abuse!

We are on the same wavelength tonight DB ;-)

Yet another post about lets revolve the team around Ferguson!

Wake up he is the Problem

Flunk me! I have been saying that for years in the pub and getting all sorts of abuse!

We are on the same wavelength tonight DB ;-)

Great Minds :beer2:

Im no Ferguson hater, i think he's a great player with great attributes. However he is not a genuine attacking midfielder and he's not even the best at our club in that position.

Barry is a good reader of the game and his best quality is ball retention. The problem is that creative players best qualities should be their forward distribution of the ball and end product. Barry retains possession mostly by way of sideward or backward passes, there is no argument in this , you just need to watch his play in most games its transparent.

The problem is we are playing too many players out of their best positions and Barry is one of them. Over the last few weeks especially due to injuries to Beasley / Burke / Naismith etc we have needed creativity from Barry, and it just isnt there. The teams efficiency suffers because we are sacrificing genuine creative players in order to play Barry in this advanced role.

Its a shame because i dont think it helps either the team or Barry himself to shine. The best solution to accomodate Barry would to play a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Barry being one of the 2. Leave the real attacking to pacey/ creative / powerful players, attributes which unfortunately Barry doesnt have.

Amo

Drugs are bad, ok?

Now how exactly would that work against teams like Saint Mirren who would gladly let our central midfield players pass the ball about the half way line and not go forward.

Ferguson needs to get forward and link up with the wingers, Strikers and full backs who are making overlapping runs.

It simply wouldn't work.

Yeah dude... totally, like... fuck yeah.

Whilst we are it, why don't we put Beasley in at Center Half with Cuellar. His pace would ensure no forward got one on one with the keeper.

Fuck yeah.

Surfs up... I'm outy. Peace.

WTF!!

in Ferguson's younger days he was a DMF and he shone in that position and dominated some of the best midfield's in Europe. But in the SPL the fans were screaming for him to be put in a more attacking role which is not his natural position. This year he has scored some absolute belters. (2 v Inverness / Volley v Gretna / Overhead kick v Hearts / the 1 v Motherwell...etc) and has scored at Champions league level and v the World Champions, not to mention adding to his tally v the tims. To do this after carrying such serious career threatening injuries over the past couple of years is nothing short of phenomenal.

When he isnt in the team we struggle...but because he is used to playing beside 2 DMF's in Thomson and Hemdani he is expected to do the lot. We need to sign 1 or 2 goal-scoring midfielders that play in a more attacking role and leave Ferguson and Thomson to do the dirty work in front of the defence.

He is being overly criticised IMO as there has been much worse problems in our team this season than the Captain IMO.

Maybe people will kill me now, but...

the only reason I wouldn't propose that Novo take over the captaincy is that he doesn't play every game. But look at Nacho. He gives his absolutely all in all occasions. I am surprised he hasn't puked from exhaustion in most every game he's played in. What an example!

in Ferguson's younger days he was a DMF and he shone in that position and dominated some of the best midfield's in Europe. But in the SPL the fans were screaming for him to be put in a more attacking role which is not his natural position. This year he has scored some absolute belters. (2 v Inverness / Volley v Gretna / Overhead kick v Hearts / the 1 v Motherwell...etc) and has scored at Champions league level and v the World Champions, not to mention adding to his tally v the tims. To do this after carrying such serious career threatening injuries over the past couple of years is nothing short of phenomenal.

When he isnt in the team we struggle...but because he is used to playing beside 2 DMF's in Thomson and Hemdani he is expected to do the lot. We need to sign 1 or 2 goal-scoring midfielders that play in a more attacking role and leave Ferguson and Thomson to do the dirty work in front of the defence.

He is being overly criticised IMO as there has been much worse problems in our team this season than the Captain IMO.

Gets my vote (tu)

Amo

STOP TALKING PISH.