4-4-2 Formation

davie_bluenose

Might be back to the old chestnut;perhaps he thinks Boyd lacks movement and willingness to link up with fellow strikers?

Interesting to see what happens when Boyd is fit.

Someone mentinoed yesterday...is he a gaurnteed starter now? Should we format the team around him?

we played Boyd upfront v Livorno with my man Nacho and they linked up well together,

That could be a good partnership,

however at the moment stick with what weve got as it seems to be working and then review it all after PLG makes any signings in Jan?

I hate to say this, but I think we have looked much better WITHOUT Boyd this season. Even in the 1st couple of games of the season our movement was better and we created a barrow-load of chances. The Hibs game and yesterday were much better, quicker and more dangerous looking attacking performances.

I hate to say this, but I think we have looked much better WITHOUT Boyd this season. Even in the 1st couple of games of the season our movement was better and we created a barrow-load of chances. The Hibs game and yesterday were much better, quicker and more dangerous looking attacking performances.

I keep saying this, we have looked better when we have played 4-4-2 not because we aren't playing Boyd.

If we play Boyd in the 4-4-2 formation then he will be banging in the goals again, guaranteed. We need to stick to 4-4-2, its just coinsidence that we have played 4-4-2 in games that haven't included Boyd.

If we play 4-4-2 with Boyd and we play poorly then I may see your point, but you can't blame it on Boyd when the formation we played wasnt working.

Very much agree with Blueben_d:

We should continue with a 4 4 2 set up WITH Boyd our only natural scorer. W3 it may have missed your attention, but no forward scored yesterday or looked likely to. Boyd would have made a big difference yesterday

:rolleyes: