'Glory Hunters' - alive at Rangers?

mohammed87

This is shocking, talk about someone who can start a fight in an empty house, if you're a true blue, it's in your blood and in your heart for life. There are no other teams that matter and there are minorities who are glory hunters although over in Manchester, I only met 1 out fuck knows how many supporters I met.

Some people aren't lucky enough to go to games or buy the TV subscription, but they will follow no matter what!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck off mohammed.

Talk about a hard fuckin neck.

:unionflag:

I travelled to watch Rangers, every week, in the pre-Souness days. Is that glory-hunting?

Fuckin cheeky cunt. Why dont you go home?

:mutley:

Been on a couple of other forums where people have brought up the subject of 'Glory Hunters' and how its criminal how people support clubs from outside their towns/cities even when they have their own club (could be due to success or not)

Got me thinking, obviously there must be fans out there who follow Rangers even though they come from places where they have their own footie team. What do you guys make of this? Is it acceptable or just a thing we have to accept will always happen.

Obviously people may have their own story, for example, they currently live in Kilmarnock but moved there only a couple of years ago or the persons dad brought them up as a fan of a certain team.

(I have noticed people on here from Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Dumfries, Kirkaldy etc etc)

I just think the whole state of Scottish football in general would be in better shape if glory hunting was kept to a minimum,

It's really very simple Rangers can be your own team wherever you come from

Guest Andypendek

I would say we don't have glory hunters, we've got 'misery-hunters' instead.

Mohammed, well done for not playing the game expected of you. No question who is coming out of this thread looking the better man.

Yes, by questioning our right to be Rangers fans he's certainly shown himself up in a good light Andy. It shows a complete lack of understanding of the history & traditions of our great club. Fans world-wide, we are the people.

But hey, none of that matters, because i'm a nasty right-wing uber-nazi, so anyone i disagree with must be correct.

I'm not judging mohammeds Rangers pedigree, so who the hell is he to question mine or anyone elses?

Yes, by questioning our right to be Rangers fans he's certainly shown himself up in a good light Andy. It shows a complete lack of understanding of the history & traditions of our great club. Fans world-wide, we are the people.

But hey, none of that matters, because i'm a nasty right-wing uber-nazi, so anyone i disagree with must be correct.

I'm not judging mohammeds Rangers pedigree, so who the hell is he to question mine or anyone elses?

Agree,no1 have the right to question our motives to support Rangers (tu)

But unfortunately,there are some threads about that .... I`m tired to talk everytime how i support Rangers when i live in thousand miles away from Glasgow..

Well,believe me,if i had enough money and if i could - i would be at every Rangers game! And when i travel to Scotland someday to watch the team, I WILL NOT LEAVE before the final whistle(as many ppl do) ...

I don't believe in glory hunters. I believe in hanger-ons.

According to some of my mates kids are deserting Rangers in droves thanks to the propaganda image of us being a "negative team."

Good riddance to the lot of them.

Guest Andypendek

He asked a question, which we can freely disagree with or agree with as we fancy. There was no need to bring in the immigrant angle to it. And there's no need to understand tradition to support a club - if you want to fine, if you don't you're still a fan. I just didn't feel as offended as some did by a simple question - the reaction to this is baffling to me.

He asked a question, which we can freely disagree with or agree with as we fancy. There was no need to bring in the immigrant angle to it. And there's no need to understand tradition to support a club - if you want to fine, if you don't you're still a fan. I just didn't feel as offended as some did by a simple question - the reaction to this is baffling to me.

Agree with that.

WVB - You went over the top mate, some of the things you said were out of order.

Mohammed was (to my mind at least), inferring that those of us from outwith Glasgow should not support Rangers, but follow our various "local" clubs. In laymans terms, he's saying "Why are you here?"

How is that any different from me asking him "why don't you go home?"

What is the difference if i come from Inverness, Pakistan, Canada or wherever? Same rules apply.

Mohammed was (to my mind at least), inferring that those of us from outwith Glasgow should not support Rangers, but follow our various "local" clubs. In laymans terms, he's saying "Why are you here?"

How is that any different from me asking him "why don't you go home?"

What is the difference if i come from Inverness, Pakistan, Canada or wherever? Same rules apply.

There's a massive difference.

I feel he was being slightly naive, you went to town on him for it.

Clearly you don't have to justify your reasons for supporting Rangers to anyone, but actually stating 'vote BNP' was bang out of order (though you may have been joking, it's impossible to tell with you) either way it was wrong.

I'm not big on voting Jim, nothing changes, they're all corrupt. If folk want to dig into my comments for some deeper meaning, they'll be digging for a long time.

Vote Monster Raving Loony.

I'm not big on voting Jim, nothing changes, they're all corrupt. If folk want to dig into my comments for some deeper meaning, they'll be digging for a long time.

:D

Fair enough, that the party that hates whitey?

I said this in the past and i'll say it again, home is where the heart is and my heart belongs to rangers! It doesn't matter where your from it's what you feel inside, the pride, passion a sense of belonging. Just because people are not from Glasgow does not make them any less of a supporter. Supporters from all over the UK travel to follow Rangers every week to follow Rangers so it's no suprise people feel offended by that question, myself included. We are all rangers till we die!

:D

Fair enough, that the party that hates whitey?

Not sure, but i'm not too keen on whiteys myself. Too much weed & wine, not good. :barf:

Guest Andypendek

Do you know, it took me a year to work out not to mix booze and hash? I only ever smoked when I was pished, cue helicopter and rush to the throne.