The Full-backs

Rohan

Why is it that whenever the fullbacks hutton and smith get the ball, they bomb it high into the centre. even when not under a lot of pressure.

Just seems a bit of a waste a lot of the time.

Huttons distribution is poor, Smiths is also poor imo (might get slated)

We dont have any natural outwide wingers (i.e. Lovenpants) so the ball needs to go into the middle somewhere.

But yesterday was frantic to get a goal, so they probably done it more

I disagree. Hutton is allways looking to lay the pass off and then make the run to receive the ball on the wing again. The way our full backs attack all the time is probably my favourite thing about Rangers the now to watch. The problem is that we ain't got a finisher to convert the chances they make at the moment so although they are getting in to good positions they have no-one to play the ball to in the box

I disagree. Hutton is allways looking to lay the pass off and then make the run to receive the ball on the wing again. The way our full backs attack all the time is probably my favourite thing about Rangers the now to watch. The problem is that we ain't got a finisher to convert the chances they make at the moment so although they are getting in to good positions they have no-one to play the ball to in the box

Well said I was beginning to think no one else saw it the way I do.

I like Hutton and Smith, both young and growing into the team.

Smith one of our best this year, and Hutton has plenty of character, his game is coming back and he has had some pelters this year-most deserved

Both fullbacks might end up just fine, but neither is yet the finished article by a long shot. They consistently fail to cover wingers out wide and then fail to cut out the cross coming in and their final ball when attacking is usually wasted.

Hutton has come on a bit recently, but Smith was poor Sunday. Not his usual self at all.

:unsure: