Metal Gear Solid 5

McBoyd

BigBossSalute.jpg

There is still some untold story about the early years of Big Boss, now in interviews Hideo Kojima mentioned that MGS4 would be the last one about SOLID SNAKE, which is cunning, as it mentions nothing about Big Boss/Naked Snake..

I hope said rumours are true, i loved Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater, and whilst i do rate MGS4 very highly, MGS3 was still my favourite of the games, which was all about Big Boss so lets hope we have another on our hands.

All of this sprouted from an interview with Ryan Payton, producer of Metal Gear Solid 4:

"There is still a lot of room for filling in the gaps as far as Big Boss is concerned, there are some misunderstandings that this is the final Metal Gear game. But it's really the final chapter of the Solid Snake story. That's all."

(tu) Im so glad, i've personally been a big fan of the metal gear games since Metal Gear Solid (1) and also thought it was the last in the series of Metal Gear, apparently not. Fuck yes!

http://kotaku.com/5018517/hey-metal-gear-s...l-star-big-boss

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53254

We didnt know MGS3 was about big boss til MGS4 did we? i never played MGS3 but i sussed from it that the character we were must have been big boss?

Well i knew when i got the game, :craphead: dunno if that was common knowledge, i thought it was :P

maybe it was, i never played the game but my brother who did didnt know, he might not have looked it up or might not have picked up on it somewhere, its quite easy to get lost in the story :P Weve still got raiden and big mama too, maybe even meryl, this series might not be over yet!

The first will always rule, there is just something about that game that makes it so fucking amazing!

The storyline, the bosses, the bit where Snake sees Liquid in REX and screams "METAAALLLL GEEEAAAARRR!!!!" (i think, ages since i played it haha)

• 2 weeks later...

New news (tu)

KOJIMA ALWAYS says.. "THIS WILL BE THE LAST METAL GEAR"..

:craphead:

Any lingering concern you may have had that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots would be the final Metal Gear should be laid to rest. As far as we're concerned, this all but confirms the fact that MGS will continue forward.

We had heard earlier from Ryan Payton that while MGS4 is the final chapter in Solid Snake's story, this doesn't mean another entry in the critically acclaimed stealth series isn't out of the question. In fact, at this point, Metal Gear Solid 5 will probably happen (even if it is without Snake). Franchise creator Hideo Kojima has now said it himself during an interview with Famitsu:

"I gotta start thinking about MGS5... Even though, well, Snake's story ends in MGS4. ...About MGS5, that would be something that Kojima Productions would have to make, I think." (source- Kotaku)

That's about as close to a confirmation as you're going to get right now, and it seems pretty obvious. We had heard that Kojima wanted to move on to "other projects" now that MGS4 is out the door, but as he says here, Kojima Productions would have to make MGS5. We always wondered if Kojima would turn his own creation over to another team, and we just couldn't see it happening. Well, it probably won't, and if MGS4 is the blockbuster it's supposed to be, we're willing to bet Kojima will follow up on this claim here and "start thinking about MGS5." Sweet!

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/3112.html