How fickle are you Gers fans?

Thanks to all you fellow Bears that responded to my post! I live in China now and don't get much chance to see the Gers. I'm thrilled that so many took the time to look at what I wrote.

I have great faith in Walter and it's easy to second-guess anybody when there's no SPL going on. The proof is on the pitch, and the Glasgow Rangers will be there!

Thanks again, Lads!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all you fellow Bears that responded to my post! I live in China now and don't get much chance to see the Gers. I'm thrilled that so many took the time to look at what I wrote.

I have great faith in Walter and it's easy to second-guess anybody when there's no SPL going on. The proof is on the pitch, and the Glasgow Rangers will be there!

Thanks again, Lads!

Not being sarcastic, but when you say thanks again Lads, if you don't mind (& Lassies) - Fully support you and my team mate!

Thanks again, Lads!

Not being sarcastic, but when you say thanks again Lads, if you don't mind (& Lassies) - Fully support you and my team mate!

Good one lizzielou :lol:

Thanks again, Lads!

The proof is indeed on the pitch, and it's the worst brand of football I've seen at Rangers.

Not to mention we only scraped 2 cups last year against Dundee Utd and QOTS.

Maybe you're getting fickle confused with realistic.

Walter steadied the ship his first half season - a great effort - and worked wonders with a rather talentless team last season. Nearly a quad and a Euro final!!.

However the worry this season is that everyone knows we simply lack class in our team, play dire football far too often and have little or no creativity.

Walter to date has bought yes THREE center forwards. He has not addressed the midfield,RB or CH.

There is still time for him to do so, but there has been no sign of us being linked to any creative player. Furthermore he insists that in any circumstances McCulloch will stay. McCulloch was hopeless in the second half of last year.

It is this reliance on donkeys like Adam and McCulloch and Webster in midfield that frightens many fans, together with the resigning of Weir, Daily and Webster. We need a quality CH. The only young one, Webster, is far too injury prone.

A team with Broadfoot, Weir/Daily/Webster, Adam, McCulloch and Whittaker is simply not going to thrill the fans.

So yes WS deserves another year and our backing, but he needs to bring in some class as promised.

Bringing in K Miller has only added to the tension and distrust.

Its up to Walter, but most fans are nervous after last season and he has only added to that nervousness so far by his signings, lack of other signings and his defending of McCulloch.

As fans we must be patient and see who else he brings in. He has our support, but the standard of football must improve.

I think it's more sheer irrational negativity, rather than fickleness.

People focus on the last 5 games in which the odds were mainly against us, rather than the good work that got us into this position.

They believe that moaning will somehow magically turn Adam into Maradona at his peak and get £100m to appear in our bank account.

I remember the boo-boys telling Hutton to GTF. Well, they must be happy now.

Thanks again, Lads!

Exactly and there are so many folks who are writing off our season before the team's even been on a pitch.

Why don't we all wait until the new season starts and see how the team are playing before consigning them to the rubbish bin.

Sure, there've been a few dodgy decisions regarding signings but I also thought that last year and look at the run we had.

We can only get better :rangers:

I think it's more sheer irrational negativity, rather than fickleness.

People focus on the last 5 games in which the odds were mainly against us, rather than the good work that got us into this position.

They believe that moaning will somehow magically turn Adam into Maradona at his peak and get £100m to appear in our bank account.

I remember the boo-boys telling Hutton to GTF. Well, they must be happy now.

The problem with Hutton was we knew he could do it,he just wasn't.

Adam has some ability but no pace and pace is something you either have or don't so he won't improve.

Broadfoot struggles with the basics so he won't improve significantly enough.

McCulloch is a big battering ram and that's it.

Dailly was a stop gap and for someone who was knackered after less than half a season should not be re-signed.

Those 4 players offer nothing to Rangers football club and therefor hinder our attempts to win back the title and reach the Champions league.

Exactly and there are so many folks who are writing off our season before the team's even been on a pitch.

Why don't we all wait until the new season starts and see how the team are playing before consigning them to the rubbish bin.

Sure, there've been a few dodgy decisions regarding signings but I also thought that last year and look at the run we had.

Steady on with that rational thinking mate! :D

They'll be out to lynch you.

I agree in that we need to be patient and give WS and the eventual team a chance.

Nevertheless I can understand why many are nervous.

One great midfield signing would change all that - that and a good new CH and the fans would be estatic.

I agree in that we need to be patient and give WS and the eventual team a chance.

One great midfield signing would change all that - that and a good new CH and the fans would be estatic.

I agree that it's a nervous time for most of us. The signings so far do not match the ambition the club should have after such a season. Add that to the fact that some of last years duds seem to be staying then I can totally understand why foks are pissed off.

But think, there's still time to sign the players we need, there's still time to offload some of the shite (cough Dirk Longcock cough). It's not a case of just trusting Walter and Ally, we also have to trust the team itself to play the way they should.

Exactly. I really can't believe the negativity. You'd think it was 1984 all over again.

Exactly. I really can't believe the negativity. You'd think it was 1984 all over again.

84 wasn't that bad(in early 80's terms),it was 85 and first 6 months of 86 that were the worst.

84 wasn't that bad(in early 80's terms),it was 85 and first 6 months of 86 that were the worst.

You're right.

I thought that 85 was the year that we started well and I think topped the table but sold John McClelland and the defence fell to pieces, but that was season 84-85 and he was sold to Watford in December. I should have known better since Souness was announced on April 15th '86.

I can still remember that day and him walking through Glasgow Airport with the holdall and the Italian diagonal checked jacket. :D

I couldn't believe it when my mum told me he was signing for us.

John McClelland

Northern Ireland flag

Sorry - no images available

Position Centre back

Born 07 Dec 1955, Belfast (Northern Ireland)

Height 190 cm

Weight 85 kg

International Caps Northern Ireland: 53 full

Club From To Apps Goals Sold for

Cardiff City 01 Feb 1974 01 Jun 1975 4 1

Mansfield Town 31 May 1978 01 Jun 1981 125 8

Glasgow Rangers 01 Jun 1981 01 Nov 1984 96 4 £225000

Watford 01 Nov 1984 01 Jun 1989 184 3 £100000

Leeds United 01 Jun 1989 01 Oct 1996 29 0 £0

Watford 01 Jan 1990 1 0 on loan

Notts County 01 Mar 1992 6 0 on loan

Darlington 01 Oct 1996 01 Jun 1997 1 0

He was a great player at CB. Very dominant.

Your right Oleg.

I rememeber we played Meadowbank in the league cup on a cold wednesday and we were singing McLelland must stay.

He left and i can't remember who we put next to Paterson but we crumbled and fell dramatically down the table..you know it might have been Derek Johnstone...we ended up 4th i think.

Your right Oleg.

I rememeber we played Meadowbank in the league cup on a cold wednesday and we were singing McLelland must stay.

He left and i can't remember who we put next to Paterson but we crumbled and fell dramatically down the table..you know it might have been Derek Johnstone...we ended up 4th i think.

I remember watching McPherson and Paterson at Ibrox against Hearts in 85-86 on a frosty day. God they were brutal as we lost 2-0. doh

Sad, sad days indeed.

Your right Oleg.

I remember watching McPherson and Paterson at Ibrox against Hearts in 85-86 on a frosty day. God they were brutal as we lost 2-0. doh

Sad, sad days indeed.

That's right,McPherson was a young lad and bloody awful.We had Shuggy Burns on the right and Munro on the left with Nicky Walker in goal....and these young un's think it's bad just now. :rolleyes:

Your right Oleg.

Sad, sad days indeed.

That's right,McPherson was a young lad and bloody awful.We had Shuggy Burns on the right and Munro on the left with Nicky Walker in goal....and these young un's think it's bad just now. :rolleyes:

cheers gaff my remaining black hairs just moved to grey after you qouted that back 4