No. 6 Jim's sweet left foot

Briton

Big MacAdam...when football players were men with broken noses and a cruciate ligament was something you had to take a whiskey to get rid of.

I was at that game with my brother.

The ground was full of Mods and Skins............oh happy days

Big MacAdam...when football players were men with broken noses and a cruciate ligament was something you had to take a whiskey to get rid of.

Watched that game the other night, along with another, Rangers beating Hearts 6-1 in the Cup the year before. It wasn't all bad in those days. :)

One thing I did notice was how players got up after a challenge and limped away, where as they'd definitely stay down and get treatment now. They knew the ref would let them lie there for ages before summoning the 'trainer' I suppose...either that or they feared the magic sponge. ;)

Watched that game the other night, along with another, Rangers beating Hearts 6-1 in the Cup the year before. It wasn't all bad in those days. :)

One thing I did notice was how players got up after a challenge and limped away, where as they'd definitely stay down and get treatment now. They knew the ref would let them lie there for ages before summoning the 'trainer' I suppose...either that or they feared the magic sponge. ;)

79/80 and 80/81 were ok years to be fair.We just had to cope with 3 very strong sides in the league then but after 82 it went downhill rapidly.

I loved the football then and your right it had to be a broken leg for players to stay down then....