RST - Let it sink without trace

ScotBear

Youre far from being the only person banned from FF without explanation Davie. I know it has happened many times.

Its not the way we run things here.

I dont post too often, not as often as some anyway, but I always check out the threads etc, at least Free Speech exists in RM and constructive arguments take place, just the way it should be, having somewhere to voice an opinion :unionflag:

Its the only way forward :beer2:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youre far from being the only person banned from FF without explanation Davie. I know it has happened many times.

Its not the way we run things here.

I dont post too often, not as often as some anyway, but I always check out the threads etc, at least Free Speech exists in RM and constructive arguments take place, just the way it should be, having somewhere to voice an opinion :unionflag:

Great, so you can stop your bitching regarding Follow Follow :harhar:

You know what I do if I don't like a certain website? I don't visit it. :D Genius, huh?

Arguing over the internet has got to be one of the most pathetic thing imaginable. Even more so when it's Rangers fans arguing amongst ourselves. I'd be mortified if I thought my old man or my mates were sitting on an online forum bitching and arguing with other Rangers fans.

You know what I do if I don't like a certain website? I don't visit it. :D Genius, huh?

Arguing over the internet has got to be one of the most pathetic thing imaginable. Even more so when it's Rangers fans arguing amongst ourselves. I'd be mortified if I thought my old man or my mates were sitting on an online forum bitching and arguing with other Rangers fans.

Shut it son, I'm in the middle of something here. ;)

I don't really see the difference from arguing on the net from doing so with mates in the pub. We are all passionate in the support of our club and a difference of opinion is only natural.

I don't really see the difference from arguing on the net from doing so with mates in the pub. We are all passionate in the support of our club and a difference of opinion is only natural.

Arguing on the net is easy. You can hide behind a username and a keyboard and say whatever you like (ya cunt! :D).

At least if you're in the pub or face-to-face then it's likely to be a more sensible argument, maybe. But it just comes back to the point that I made a few days ago. We, Rangers supporters, would rather sit on internet forums and chat/argue instead of getting out there to put the Rangers point of view across to the watching world.

Arguing on the net is easy. You can hide behind a username and a keyboard and say whatever you like (ya cunt! :D).

At least if you're in the pub or face-to-face then it's likely to be a more sensible argument, maybe. But it just comes back to the point that I made a few days ago. We, Rangers supporters, would rather sit on internet forums and chat/argue instead of getting out there to put the Rangers point of view across to the watching world.

Speak for yourself. :lol:

Our group will be doing plenty of new banners in the new season that will capture everyone's imagination. Watch this space ;)

i wont be renewing either

Sorry to hear that, but then jumping ships isn't going to solve anything.

i joined when the fantastic picture was painted.

now the picture is hideous,

its a failing trust.

best thing would be for independants to come in and take over.

name change and complete sweep out off all "leaders"

its a failing trust.

With all due respect, that's complete nonsense.

The RST appealed to many for very different reasons.

Whatever direction you feel it's taking, claiming that independents should sweep in and seize control is a baffling one.

Why shouldn't those who were instrumental it its creation from the outset stay and continue to fight for what they believe in?

What you are suggesting is a total different entity all together. Nothing against that idea but the Trust will soldier on.

its a failing trust.

Whatever direction you feel it's taking, claiming that independents should sweep in and seize control is a baffling one.

Why shouldn't those who were instrumental it its creation from the outset stay and continue to fight for what they believe in?

What you are suggesting is a total different entity all together. Nothing against that idea but the Trust will soldier on.

Exactly how do the trust represent the Majority, is there a process like polls?

its a failing trust.

I didn't say they did. The average bear is an apathetic one who still believes that Maorray has our best interests at heart.

His supporters even sang the Billy Boys at protestors 'you couldn't make it up'

There is a democratic system in place where each member gets one vote.

I've yet to hear of an alternative body that let's me have my say.

its a failing trust.

I didn't say they did. The average bear is an apathetic one who still believes that Maorray has our best interests at heart.

His supporters even sang the Billy Boys at protestors 'you couldn't make it up'

There is a democratic system in place where each member gets one vote.

I've yet to hear of an alternative body that let's me have my say.

" The average bear is an apathetic one who still believes that Maorray has our best interests at heart"

But that is your opinion, but that doesnt make a bear "apathetic" because he doesnt share your or anyone elses view.

Thats seems a fair enough system, but who actually decides on what is being voted on? Do the member have a say on that?

" The average bear is an apathetic one who still believes that Maorray has our best interests at heart"

But that is your opinion, but that doesnt make a bear "apathetic" because he doesnt share your or anyone elses view.

Thats seems a fair enough system, but who actually decides on what is being voted on? Do the member have a say on that?

Of course it's my opinion. One I obviously believe is correct. If they oppose my opinion just as strongly then they aren't apathetic.

Many supporters simply don't care about the politics of the club. 95% of my mates and guys on my RSC are in that category, all they care about is going to see the Rangers and making a day of it. Nothing wrong with that but I like to dig deeper.

Yes. I could propose anything I wanted and the board would have to consider it.

If the elected board decided it was worth putting to their members they'd do so via their AGM where the members can vote on it.

Of course it's my opinion. One I obviously believe is correct. If they oppose my opinion just as strongly then they aren't apathetic.

Many supporters simply don't care about the politics of the club. 95% of my mates and guys on my RSC are in that category, all they care about is going to see the Rangers and making a day of it. Nothing wrong with that but I like to dig deeper.

Yes. I could propose anything I wanted and the board would have to consider it.

If the elected board decided it was worth putting to their members they'd do so via their AGM where the members can vote on it.

To be honest I think the majority of fans probably do take an interest, some are just more vocal than others, ive spoke to few fans who actually sit on the fence regarding SDM, some want him to stay, maybe out of loyalty for the NIAR period, for underwriting a large chunk of our debt, but some feel his time has come and gone. Im the latter, unless he pulls his finger out and delivers and releases quality for next season, so for me this is his final chance in my eyes.

As for the trust, the issue I have with it is exactly the same issue they had with the Rangers board, transparency. Nobody has came out and said exactly why these committee members resigned, or to my knowledge anyway. I like to dig a bit deeper myself, and until everything is clear, I wouldnt even consider giving them my money.

To be honest I think the majority of fans probably do take an interest, some are just more vocal than others, ive spoke to few fans who actually sit on the fence regarding SDM, some want him to stay, maybe out of loyalty for the NIAR period, for underwriting a large chunk of our debt, but some feel his time has come and gone. Im the latter, unless he pulls his finger out and delivers and releases quality for next season, so for me this is his final chance in my eyes.

As for the trust, the issue I have with it is exactly the same issue they had with the Rangers board, transparency. Nobody has came out and said exactly why these committee members resigned, or to my knowledge anyway. I like to dig a bit deeper myself, and until everything is clear, I wouldnt even consider giving them my money.

Well I assure the people I know couldn't really care less. saying that, the majority of lads on our bus are 25 and under so that's understandable.

The RST have already said that they have failed its members in the communication aspect and it's something they will work on rectifying. Frankie's thread explained the resignees side of things. Amongst that thread you will see a response from Dingwall. There has been a lengthy debate regarding it. I can only suggest you read it and take from it what you will.

Well I assure the people I know couldn't really care less. saying that, the majority of lads on our bus are 25 and under so that's understandable.

The RST have already said that they have failed its members in the communication aspect and it's something they will work on rectifying. Frankie's thread explained the resignees side of things. Amongst that thread you will see a response from Dingwall. There has been a lengthy debate regarding it. I can only suggest you read it and take from it what you will.

Ill have to check out that thread, cheers for letting me know Jimenez :unionflag:

I am a simple man, and there are plenty people on RM who can verify this :lol: I am not political in the true sense of the word but I am a member of the RST. I do believe in the ideas and ethics of the Trust and am only sorry the whole issue became so public, knowing Timmy is having a right old laugh.

I dont know where we go from here, or how to go about making progress but I would like to see some sort of stability return to the Trust and we as supporters can move forward. Thats my wish. Anyway, just thinking out loud.

I am a simple man, and there are plenty people on RM who can verify this :lol: I am not political in the true sense of the word but I am a member of the RST. I do believe in the ideas and ethics of the Trust and am only sorry the whole issue became so public, knowing Timmy is having a right old laugh.

I dont know where we go from here, or how to go about making progress but I would like to see some sort of stability return to the Trust and we as supporters can move forward. Thats my wish. Anyway, just thinking out loud.

I think a mojority of future members are holding onto their cash until they are convinced that there is stability within the committee. RST, over to you...............................

I think a mojority of future members are holding onto their cash until they are convinced that there is stability within the committee. RST, over to you...............................

Perfectly understandable.

By all means wait and see if the RST can recover and God forbid improve.

What is disappointing about this whole scenario is that it has given those who despised it from the outset a reason to justify their stance.

We now are back up to 20 Board members and it is business as usual. We are looking at improving communications with our members as this is something we haven't been very good at in the past.

Perfectly understandable.

By all means wait and see if the RST can recover and God forbid improve.

What is disappointing about this whole scenario is that it has given those who despised it from the outset a reason to justify their stance.

I do think what needs to be done, and before you jump on my back im not having a dig at MD, there has to be much more done as far as transparency goes. I.E, allowing threads about the trust on FF, I brought it up and got a life ban for my troubles, why someone on the commitee would have mods give out lifebans for bringing this subject up is beyond me, and off putting, and I think someone within FF should actually come out and say why this is happening. People will always draw the link between FF and the RST because MD is on both, and if people are getting life bans for bring this up, then surely someone within the commitee should be addressing this and asking questions.Thats just my thoughts on it really, I just think the RST is partially being damaged via FF instead of being enhanced.

I do think what needs to be done, and before you jump on my back im not having a dig at MD, there has to be much more done as far as transparency goes. I.E, allowing threads about the trust on FF, I brought it up and got a life ban for my troubles, why someone on the commitee would have mods give out lifebans for bringing this subject up is beyond me, and off putting, and I think someone within FF should actually come out and say why this is happening. People will always draw the link between FF and the RST because MD is on both, and if people are getting life bans for bring this up, then surely someone within the commitee should be addressing this and asking questions.Thats just my thoughts on it really, I just think the RST is partially being damaged via FF instead of being enhanced.

I agree with that to a certain extent. FF has taken the belief that what has happened has happened and it's better for everyone if we all just move on. Continuously washing our dirty linen in public just prolongs the event.

Saying that, loads of bears are quite rightly confused or angered by what has happened. Hopefully an RST forum that is being planned will help deal with those feelings.

I agree with that to a certain extent. FF has taken the belief that what has happened has happened and it's better for everyone if we all just move on. Continuously washing our dirty linen in public just prolongs the event.

Saying that, loads of bears are quite rightly confused or angered by what has happened. Hopefully an RST forum that is being planned will help deal with those feelings.

At the end of the day, the trust needs to get as many members as possible to reinforce itself, and online line forums like this and others can be a pretty good means of doing this, but only if its done correctly. I just find it absurd that MD runs FF and gave these bans, it just seems small minded to me considering it should have been used as a tool to encourage people to join (feel free to correct me if im wrong on this). Frankie did a great job of doing this and gained a lot of respect for putting the time in to do this, or he certainly gained mine.