Walter speaks out about Miller

Boab

Make a proper comparison, tell me who the fans have chanted against, who then signed and went on to be a big success?

Do you think the fans would have chanted against Mo Johnston's signing had they known about it? I suspect a similar proportion would have done.

So you don't have a proper comparison then?

I didn't say I did, I can't remember any comparable situation at any club. I do think the point is interesting though. I'm sure that you'd agree, that had they known of MoJo's imminent signing, a lot of Bears would have let their objections be known.

You didn't say that you didn't either.

I simply asked a question.

This exchange started when you spuriously compared Hateley and McCoist with Miller.

I haven't mention Mccoist or Hateley, spuriously or otherwise.

I am trying to establish if you understand that it was not a valid comparison.

I understand that (even though I never made it)...I was simply introducing what I thought was an interesting hypothetical comparison.

And don't assume what I do or don't agree with you about, If I have an opinion that I care to express, just leave it to me to do it.

You didn't answer a simple question but my 'assumtion' was based on what you have said in the past regarding the signing of Johnston. Still, I should have added a question mark to the 'I'm sure you'd agree' part so as not to upset you...you do agree though eh?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have lost all respect for smith after his statement hinting that rangers fans are bigots.......

Firstly, he is not talking about Rangers fans as a whole, only those that would boo Miller purely because he has played for Celtic. He says himself that fans that just think Miller isn't good enough is ok.

And secondly, he does not say that this section are bigots. He just says that he thought that it's accepted that players from rival clubs can play for each other. As did I. Players have moved directly from Real Madrid to Barcelona, Everton to Liverpool........what's the big deal about an indirect move concerning the Old Firm ?

Ah I see Walter’s biggest cheerleader is out defending his man once again.

Wave those pompoms Scotbear, your doing a grand job. :clap:

I for one am totally against the signing of Miller, the guy is fuck.ing rank rotten, he was a flop at Celtic and couldn’t even make their starting 11 which is another reason why so many people are angry. Its not the fact that we have signed someone that played for the scum, it’s the fact that we signed someone they deemed “not good enough”, ergo we are buying one of their rejects.

Make a proper comparison, tell me who the fans have chanted against, who then signed and went on to be a big success?

Do you think the fans would have chanted against Mo Johnston's signing had they known about it? I suspect a similar proportion would have done.

So you don't have a proper comparison then?

I didn't say I did, I can't remember any comparable situation at any club. I do think the point is interesting though. I'm sure that you'd agree, that had they known of MoJo's imminent signing, a lot of Bears would have let their objections be known.

You didn't say that you didn't either.

I simply asked a question.

This exchange started when you spuriously compared Hateley and McCoist with Miller.

I haven't mention Mccoist or Hateley, spuriously or otherwise.

I am trying to establish if you understand that it was not a valid comparison.

I understand that (even though I never made it)...I was simply introducing what I thought was an interesting hypothetical comparison.

And don't assume what I do or don't agree with you about, If I have an opinion that I care to express, just leave it to me to do it.

You didn't answer a simple question but my 'assumtion' was based on what you have said in the past regarding the signing of Johnston. Still, I should have added a question mark to the 'I'm sure you'd agree' part so as not to upset you...you do agree though eh?

Sorry i confused you with another poster doh

I should always check these things.

Anyway what exactly did I say about Mojo? The only thing I remember posting here about it was something somebody else had said.

But you can't help yourself can you?

In reply to 'And don't assume what I do or don't agree with you about, If I have an opinion that I care to express, just leave it to me to do it' you still carry on with 'you do agree though'. I cannot understand a thought process which could possibly conclude that that is either an appropriate response or likely to achieve the desired result :rolleyes:

what's the big deal about an indirect move concerning the Old Firm ?

'Those who understand need no explanation, those who don't understand don't matter'.

Oh FFS :lol:

So being a Rangers supporter means understanding that you must hate any individual who plays for Celtic ? I invite you into the 21st century.........

'Those who understand need no explanation, those who don't understand don't matter'.

Oh FFS :lol:

So being a Rangers supporter means understanding that you must hate any individual who plays for Celtic ? I invite you into the 21st century.........

What a silly comment, I don't hate anybody.

Ah I see Walter’s biggest cheerleader is out defending his man once again.

Wave those pompoms Scotbear, your doing a grand job. :clap:

I for one am totally against the signing of Miller, the guy is fuck.ing rank rotten, he was a flop at Celtic and couldn’t even make their starting 11 which is another reason why so many people are angry. Its not the fact that we have signed someone that played for the scum, it’s the fact that we signed someone they deemed “not good enough”, ergo we are buying one of their rejects.

Bloody hell ! :lol:

I have said from the very beginning that I don't rate Kenny Miller in the slightest. I don't want him here and I have slated Walter for signing him based on his lack of footballing ability.

Walter has also said that he has no problem with fans who don't want Kenny Miller due to the fact they don't rate him. And yes, for some people, it is because he has played for 'them'.

So. Please. Try. To. Read. Carefully. What. Is. Being. Said. (tu):)

['Those who understand need no explanation, those who don't understand don't matter'.

Ok, well, I guess the most straightforward thing would be for you to explain why you think the above statement is relevant here..........or does it need no explanation ;)

Anyway what exactly did I say about Mojo? The only thing I remember posting here about it was something somebody else had said.

In reply to 'And don't assume what I do or don't agree with you about, If I have an opinion that I care to express, just leave it to me to do it' you still carry on with 'you do agree though'. I cannot understand a thought process which could possibly conclude that that is either an appropriate response or likely to achieve the desired result :rolleyes:

You had made the point that MoJo's signing was not exactly welcomed by all. Not that any one's in any doubt about that of course.

I did not continue with 'you do agree though'...I said that I should have added a question mark and then I did just that. Personally I can't understand a thought process that seems to lead to avoiding a perfectly straightforward question in a discussion forum.

['Those who understand need no explanation, those who don't understand don't matter'.

Ok, well, I guess the most straightforward thing would be for you to explain why you think the above statement is relevant here..........or does it need no explanation ;)

Well done.

We have now established that you can read.

"Supporters make their judgements and if some decide that they don't like Kenny for what are, to my mind, improper reasons.

what does walter mean by that, to me he is hinting that we are bigots.

Well done.

So basically, you can't explain why it is relevant to the Kenny Miller debate because it carries no relevance whatsoever ! :lol:

You had made the point that MoJo's signing was not exactly welcomed by all. Not that any one's in any doubt about that of course.

I did not continue with 'you do agree though'...I said that I should have added a question mark and then I did just that. Personally I can't understand a thought process that seems to lead to avoiding a perfectly straightforward question in a discussion forum.

I asked what 'exactly' I said about Mojo's signing, not how you interpreted what I said. I'm done with that.

And you don't understand my thought process?

Where I'm not accepting you putting words in my mouth?

Fine by me.

Well done.

So basically, you can't explain why it is relevant to the Kenny Miller debate because it carries no relevance whatsoever ! :lol:

doh

I am not explaining something that needs no explanation.

If you don't understand you don't matter.

Still, the important thing is that it's another day closer.

It seems quite clear that you didn't have anywhere else to turn in the debate, so you put up a statement that has no relevance to the Kenny Miller debate, but through it's wording acted as a brickwall which gave you the opportunity to step back. Fair enough (tu)

It seems quite clear that you didn't have anywhere else to turn in the debate, so you put up a statement that has no relevance to the Kenny Miller debate, but through it's wording acted as a brickwall which gave you the opportunity to step back. Fair enough (tu)

Is there something in the water where you are?

You keep making daft comments.

'didn't have anywhere else to turn in the debate' wtf is that about?

The internet doesn't work that way, we can come and go as we please.

But hey, if it makes you happy carry on.

I asked what 'exactly' I said about Mojo's signing, not how you interpreted what I said. I'm done with that.

And you don't understand my thought process?

Where I'm not accepting you putting words in my mouth?

Fine by me.

I can't remember exactly what you said but you have in the past made the point that not every Bear was over the moon about MoJo's signing. I hope you don't mind but I think I'll exercise my right to make an assumption and state that we'd all agree to that.

Nobody is putting words in your mouth...I was just asking a perfectly straightforward, albeit hypothetical, question. Why you should chose not just to ignore it ,but to make a big drama over fuck all, is a mystery.

With the internet you can indeed come and go as you please, but if you come to the table, you may as well attempt to make some sense ;)

With the internet you can indeed come and go as you please, but if you come to the table, you may as well attempt to make some sense ;)

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it doesn't make sense :)

I can't remember exactly what you said but you have in the past made the point that not every Bear was over the moon about MoJo's signing. I hope you don't mind but I think I'll exercise my right to make an assumption and state that we'd all agree to that.

Nobody is putting words in your mouth...I was just asking a perfectly straightforward, albeit hypothetical, question. Why you should chose not just to ignore it ,but to make a big drama over fuck all, is a mystery.

Aye you're free to assume what you please, you don't need any reference to any supposed comments from me to do so, although it makes me wonder why you did.

But you are wrong. Making a statement and adding a question mark at the end, inviting agreement, is an attempt to put words in my mouth.

And yes we could both have ignored it, and both of us chose not to. In your case because you find it dramatic apparently.

It's not my idea of a big drama by any stretch.

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it doesn't make sense :)

Well lets see..........

So I ask what's the big deal with an indirect move concerning the Old Firm. So those that understand what the big deal is, don't need it explained to them.

Those in our support who don't understand why it's such a big deal, don't matter.

So basically, you're saying that a very large section of our support 'don't matter'.

Well lets see..........

So I ask what's the big deal with an indirect move concerning the Old Firm. So those that understand what the big deal is, don't need it explained to them.

Those in our support who don't understand why it's such a big deal, don't matter.

So basically, you're saying that a very large section of our support 'don't matter'.

Your powers of deduction are astonishing Sherlock :pipe:

Aye you're free to assume what you please, you don't need any reference to any supposed comments from me to do so, although it makes me wonder why you did.

But you are wrong. Making a statement and adding a question mark at the end, inviting agreement, is an attempt to put words in my mouth.

And yes we could both have ignored it, and both of us chose not to. In your case because you find it dramatic apparently.

I am not wrong, you are. Adding a question mark makes a statement a question and invites agreement or disagreement. You have decided not to do either in relation to a simple question and instead decided to avoid the point with this silly 'don't put words in my mouth' diversion.

I am not wrong, you are. Adding a question mark makes a statement a question and invites agreement or disagreement. You have decided not to do either in relation to a simple question and instead decided to avoid the point with this silly 'don't put words in my mouth' diversion.

Ah at last we've got to the 'that's not me that's you that is' argument.

You win, enjoy :huzzah2:

But you are wrong