I wouldn't be so annoyed if we got £12 million

NOLUWDC

To the people hoping for a sell on clause, there won't be one.

Cuellar insisted on a clause in his contract to allow him to leave for €10m, and Rangers accepted this. Aston Villa bid this figure, and the bid was automatically accepted. There was no room for negotiation. Rangers were in no position to ask for a clause.

Just to put a fresh slant on things... I get the impression Cuellar made it clear to Walter etc last summer that he'd only be willing to join Rangers on the basis that a release clause was included. Whilst it's always 'orrible to value a player at £Xm, then find he can leave for a fraction of that, would you lot rather he'd signed like this, playing a great season before leaving Rangers - now in profit of around £5.5m. Or would you rather Walter had refused him the clause, and walked away from the table?

Whilst it's a nasty situation Rangers are left in, Walter and whoever agreed to the clause in order to bring him to Scotland, did make the right decision.

but he decides to boost his chances of playing for Spain by joining Villa doh a team that will never get above 8th <cr> I always thought Cuellar would leave but I didn't think he would invoke a clause in his contract. He's sold the jersey's.

If he couldn't play for Spain in their own back yard, he will not play for them while at Villa. Who aren't as good as Osasuna.

cant be bothered getting the info but they did get these offers jvh was just the other day cant mind who it was and it was sky sports news not paper spec!

Sorry if I dont believe it, there is no way they would turn down £7million for JvoH..... no way.

They did, it was last week.

SV Hamburg offered £7m + a Left Back they'd been tracking for some time.

but he decides to boost his chances of playing for Spain by joining Villa doh a team that will never get above 8th <cr> I always thought Cuellar would leave but I didn't think he would invoke a clause in his contract. He's sold the jersey's.

I would!

rangers cant hold on to there talented players, but that mhanky fucks can refuse 7m for jvh and 11 for mcgaydee

fucking joke!!

No one wants their players, do you honestly think they would still be there if they did

If he couldn't play for Spain in their own back yard, he will not play for them while at Villa. Who aren't as good as Osasuna.

Osasuna were poor last year and nearly got relegated

Osasuna were poor last year and nearly got relegated

Not the year he left them during though eh? Semi of the Uefa Cup. And he didn't get a sniff of the national team.

It's not like he's too young either.