Breaking news

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS we managed to pinch Bougherra from under West Brom's noses in the space of hours.

We have been after loovens fro months yet we continued to pussy foot around him in the hope that they would accept our desiroy bid.

He was obviously high on Walters wish list and we have come into a bit of cash so why not just pay the 3 fucking million and then that would gauarntee we would get him?

£3m for a player that will be free in January? dont think thats good way to spend money -

What about paying 2.7 million for Cuellar when he only had 12 months left on his contract?

FFS we always slate our hierachry for penny pinching yet here we are saying lets not pay the money just because he's nearly out of contract.

Regardless of his contractual situation 3 million is not a lot of money for a player who is your number one target and you have just brought in 8 million.

Celtic beat us to MacDonald, Brown and now Loovens simply because of our incompetance in dealing with transfers.

Yeah, i see your point about carlos - however that did turn out to be a good deal in the end - but yeah, i do see wher eyou're coming from. However, as for the tics, mcdonald was a good buy for them but brown has been poor for their standards, and £4.4m, he clearly isnt worth anywhere near that.

I couldn't care less that we've missed out on this guy. I can't say I was that excited about him.

But it does bother me that we keep letting the tims do this to us. They do it pretty much to piss us off, and it's embarrassing.

They can have any player, yet they sign the one we fanny about with for months.

tbh, we deserve the humiliation.

How can we snap up Bougherra with ease for about £2.5M yet fuck about here for months?

He is a very good player and would have fitted in perfectly beside magic but of course wee ginger balls n liewell used there tried and trusted scouting system ( Rangers F.C ) and once again we let them just take him.

he's not a "very good player" at all.

Yes he is.

No he's not. He is a decent Centre-back. Cardiff will be laughing all the way to the bank with this 1.

FFS we managed to pinch Bougherra from under West Brom's noses in the space of hours.

We have been after loovens fro months yet we continued to pussy foot around him in the hope that they would accept our desiroy bid.

He was obviously high on Walters wish list and we have come into a bit of cash so why not just pay the 3 fucking million and then that would gauarntee we would get him?

£3m for a player that will be free in January? dont think thats good way to spend money -

What about paying 2.7 million for Cuellar when he only had 12 months left on his contract?

FFS we always slate our hierachry for penny pinching yet here we are saying lets not pay the money just because he's nearly out of contract.

Regardless of his contractual situation 3 million is not a lot of money for a player who is your number one target and you have just brought in 8 million.

Celtic beat us to MacDonald, Brown and now Loovens simply because of our incompetance in dealing with transfers.

(tu)

He is a very good player and would have fitted in perfectly beside magic but of course wee ginger balls n liewell used there tried and trusted scouting system ( Rangers F.C ) and once again we let them just take him.

Yes he is.

I'm with Stuart on this.

I'm hardly going to lose sleep over us not getting this guy.

Just bothers me that the tims keep doing this to us.

It's embarrassing.

is this not a good thing , why would we want to spend 3 million on a players thats free in a year

Lamaprd was free in a year, Inter decided to wait instead of playing £8 million.

Lampard signed a new deal. Inter lost out

When Loovens was available on a bosman, we wouldnt have had a sniff of him as the premiership clubs would have offered more wages.

If you are looking for a defender and willing to pay £2.5 million for his services, then you must rate him and feel that he can help your team win the SPL title. An extra £500,000 is nothing, if you can gaurentee £10 million from the champions league.

Now we have to look at other targets. Walter will end up signing Reynolds or Berra for an inflated fee and they are not as good as Loovens

KDS is going into meltdown.

They are all fuming that WGS has spent £3m on a player who could've been signed for free in 4 months.

They also don't rate him anyway, think he is no better than Caldwell or McManus.

Of course, they are celebrating about them nicking another one of our players.

is this not a good thing , why would we want to spend 3 million on a players thats free in a year

Lamaprd was free in a year, Inter decided to wait instead of playing £8 million.

When Loovens was available on a bosman, we wouldnt have had a sniff of him as the premiership clubs would have offered more wages.

If you are looking for a defender and willing to pay £2.5 million for his services, then you must rate him and feel that he can help your team win the SPL title. An extra £500,000 is nothing, if you can gaurentee £10 million from the champions league.

Now we have to look at other targets. Walter will end up signing Reynolds or Berra for an inflated fee and they are not as good as Loovens

I'd be quite happy with Berra.

Just because Loovens is Dutch doesn't make him great.

Yes he is.

No he's not. He is a decent Centre-back. Cardiff will be laughing all the way to the bank with this 1.

Cardiff want to keep him, but much like us with Cuellar he wants to play elsewhere so they have no choice but to sell him.

Yet again we miss out on a player who has high financial value and has numerous clubs chasing him and now it will probably be a case of signing a far lesser player for about one third the price.

Yes he is , I've watched him quite a few time when ive been to cardiff games and my pal has a season ticket for cardiff and he said months ago he was a cracking player and would be leaving soon.

The fee was a stumbling block for us we have £8 million to spend no more than that central defense is not seen as top priority for us at the moment.

Celtic beat us to MacDonald because he is a diehard Celtic fan.

Celtic beat us to Brown because they paid way over the odds for him in fee and wages.

Celtic beat us to Loovens, nowt on any site ive seen.

They are all fuming that WGS has spent £3m on a player who could've been signed for free in 4 months.

They also don't rate him anyway, think he is no better than Caldwell or McManus.

He really isn't special in any way. I've never seen him play but I understand he's basically a million quid player.

And the tims have done this to piss us off. As usual.

They have got burnt. But they seem to have the money to do that to us.

And I don't like that one bit.

Yes he is.

Cardiff want to keep him, but much like us with Cuellar he wants to play elsewhere so they have no choice but to sell him.

Yet again we miss out on a player who has high financial value and has numerous clubs chasing him and now it will probably be a case of signing a far lesser player for about one third the price.

The only clubs chasing him are us and them

I never said it did.

If we are willing to pay £2.5 million and try and include Daniel Cousin in the deal we must have wanted him.

This is another kick in the teeth, we lost out on ANOTHER primary target to Celtic

The fee is irrelevant

He really isn't special in any way. I've never seen him play but I understand he's basically a million quid player.

And the tims have done this to piss us off. As usual.

They have got burnt. But they seem to have the money to do that to us.

And I don't like that one bit.

How can you say that if you have never seen him play?

Yes he is.

taken from a cardiff fan...

"ha hes gone and i cudnt care less hes not worth 3 mill weve come out the best their yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeesssssssssss"

Very good player indeed :rolleyes:

the tims are welcome to him...3M is faaar to steep and had we paid that for him i would have been raging.

Spot on RFC (tu)

The thing is we'll spend £3million on Berra or Reynolds now :computers:

And even if they did beat us to him they again paid over the odds just to have him ride pine/not play for us.

We didn't lose on this one.

But.. yeah.. we still need someone in front of McShagger don't we..

Yes he is.

I'm with Stuart on this.

I'm hardly going to lose sleep over us not getting this guy.

Just bothers me that the tims keep doing this to us.

It's embarrassing.

I wouldn't loose any sleep over losing him but he is a good player and im really disappointed we lost out on him especially to they cunts

Celtic beat us to Brown because they paid way over the odds for him in fee and wages.

Celtic beat us to MacDonald because we offered £400,000 when Motherwell wanted £700,000.

I never said it did.

If we are willing to pay £2.5 million and try and include Daniel Cousin in the deal we must have wanted him.

This is another kick in the teeth, we lost out on ANOTHER primary target to Celtic

The fee is irrelevant

The fee is revelant

Why pay over the odds for a player available on a free in January?

3m is 1m too much 4 me

No, he isn't.

We offered only a million less than they did. We'd have ended up paying over the odds too.

What? SDM said we bid for Loovens. He said it. With his mouth.