Hearts in the right place?

Would u like to see a stronger Hearts and Aberdeen, strong enough to be serious title contenders?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. ....

• Yes
    • Couldn't care less
    • No

There really is only ONE team to compete with us and its been like that for 20odd years now.

Remember the late 70s early 80s? Utd and the sheep could do us over occasionally. Scottish teams did well in europe, not just us as is the case now.

Would you like to see Romanov really do something with Hearts and see a stronger Aberdeen?

I think it'd improve the quality of OUR football too to compete against better than the garbage we're used to playing against.

Ony ops?

Hope I've done the poll ok....

There really is only ONE team to compete with us and its been like that for 20 odd years now.

Not true, runners up:

1988–89 Aberdeen

1989–90 Aberdeen

1990–91 Aberdeen

1991–92 Hearts

1992–93 Aberdeen

1993–94 Aberdeen

1994–95 Motherwell

There really is only ONE team to compete with us and its been like that for 20 odd years now.

Not true, runners up:

1988–89 Aberdeen

1989–90 Aberdeen

1990–91 Aberdeen

1991–92 Hearts

1992–93 Aberdeen

1993–94 Aberdeen

1994–95 Motherwell

I stand corrected!

Put dozen years or so!!???

Not true, runners up:

1988–89 Aberdeen

1989–90 Aberdeen

1990–91 Aberdeen

1991–92 Hearts

1992–93 Aberdeen

1993–94 Aberdeen

1994–95 Motherwell

Don't forgot the 04/05 season :anguish:

Would hate to see a strong Aberdeen side. Anyone but them.

If their fans had filled the stadium every match for the last 10 years then they might compete a bit more. It's embarrassing watching highlights of their matches.

(tu)

Pittodrie was sold out for a pre-season friendly with ManUre at the start of July. I'm reliably informed that the ticket line was jammed and hundreds (at least) had to go without.

Spring forward a month and they've got a home game against their (supposed) biggest rivals on Saturday. There are still thousands of seats available in the home end - my mate's a Dons fans and he called them up yesterday to check.

It's unbelievable! It'd be like us selling out a pre-season game against Chelski and then half filling the home end against Celtic. That's never going to happen!

If their fans had filled the stadium every match for the last 10 years then they might compete a bit more. It's embarrassing watching highlights of their matches.

(tu)

Pittodrie was sold out for a pre-season friendly with ManUre at the start of July. I'm reliably informed that the ticket line was jammed and hundreds (at least) had to go without.

Spring forward a month and they've got a home game against their (supposed) biggest rivals on Saturday. There are still thousands of seats available in the home end - my mate's a Dons fans and he called them up yesterday to check.

It's unbelievable! It'd be like us selling out a pre-season game against Chelski and then half filling the home end against Celtic. That's never going to happen!

Like hertz getting 60k at Murrayfield for a friendly against Barcelona....

Guest Andypendek

There's no chance of it, it's only going to be the OF from now on. The SPL as more than a 2 horse race is over, has had it's day and should be massively overhauled to try to generate some interest. Not just summer football or stuff, but a whole new league with northern European teams. Denmark have many good, footballing sides, as do Sweden and I don't see why Norway and Finland and such should be in there along with us, N.Ireland, Wales, Republic.

New blood, more interest.

:bouncy: I voted YES - was saddened to read some of the posts about Hearts. Back in the early 80's we used to love going through to Tynecastle - used to drink in a pub in Gorgie road that was full of Jam Tarts and Teddy Bears all singing the same songs (aka The Sash ... etc.). They wore scarfs with King Billy on them as well .... it was great !! Now as for Hibs ......... wellllll !!! :bouncy:

I voted couldn't care less because I see the advantage of having a strong league but the recent example of Hearts under Burley shows how painful it would be if one of the smaller teams got a glimpse of success.... They just get so obnoxious and suddenly think they are the greatest team the world has ever seen and that "the dominance of the Old Firm is over".... Christ Aberdeen are still insanely obnoxious over the freak successes of the early 80's... feckin "New Firm"... gie us peace. At least Dundee united fans realise that was a flash in the pan

If we got to an EPL type situation where there are alot of strong teams but Rangers, (like Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal) are still top dogs then maybe ok but thats just like keeping the status quo but with everyone improving in the same proportions.. not likely