DaMarkup Beasley

bluenose4life

FURIOUS fans last night blasted Rangers star DaMarcus Beasley for selling the jerseys — by charging £150 for signed football tops.

The shirts are being flogged at more than FOUR TIMES the retail price on a website bearing the US winger’s name.

Beasley insists he hands all the cash to charity — but supporters were left bemused because there is NO reference to this on the pages.

Last night, one fan said: “A top bought from the club superstore costs from £34.99 so where is the rest going? It’ s a disgrace.

“It’s one hell of a mark-up. It WOULD be easier to swallow if the money was going to a worthy cause — but the website makes no mention of this.”

Rangers fans are kept up to date on last year’s £700,000 signing from PSV Eindhoven at his www.demarcusbeasley.com site. Under the heading ‘merchandise’, it offers signed tops for a staggering 300 US dollars — £152.75 plus postage.

Advertisement

The pages even feature snaps of the grinning ace, who earns around £14,000 a week, autographing the strips, above.

Last night a spokeswoman for Rangers said: “All the money raised goes to a charity in America. He doesn’t gain any benefit.”

The Scottish Sun yesterday tried to reach Beasley’s agent Lyle Yorks in Washington DC but he did not return our call.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...icle1603144.ece

Personally if all the money is going to charity i dont have a problem with this. Its up to each person to decide whether to buy the shirt from his site or not - no1 is forcing them to do it

i think the initial upset is because it makes no mention of the money going to charity on the site (apparently)

although given the fact that reading it todays paper is the 1st ive heard anyone mention it, i wonder who the "furious" fans where

fair play to him making some money for charity. I hardly think someone making £14k a week is going to worry about flogging a couple of tops for £100+ profit a time for himself. Hes probably selling a couple of tops a week if hes lucky so hes hardly going to do it for his own financial gain.

Surely this can't be an official site when the address spells his name wrong?

True, DeMarcus ? doh

I called him Marcus DaBeasley once. :blush:

A guy raising money for charity, good on him. Nobody has to buy them. 'Furious fans' my arse.

What a shocker, The media taking something and spinning it to make a footballer look bad. When he scores the winner this weekend, they'll be paying a grand for his shirt. :rangers:

Looks like you having links to USA you might have an idea where Edu will be played in our team?

Do you think RB or CB? Have you watched him much and if so where do you think he should play?

Ps Beasley goal on saturday was a cracking strike but this doesnt get mentioned in the papers!

What a shocker, The media taking something and spinning it to make a footballer look bad. When he scores the winner this weekend, they'll be paying a grand for his shirt. :rangers:

Looks like you having links to USA you might have an idea where Edu will be played in our team?

Do you think RB or CB? Have you watched him much and if so where do you think he should play?

Ps Beasley goal on saturday was a cracking strike but this doesnt get mentioned in the papers!

I've seen him atleast 30 times for club and country. I've never seen him play RB, he played CB in the Olympics and did well for being new to the posistion. He performs best in the holding MF role. But with a little coaching he could be a class CB.

I've seen him atleast 30 times for club and country. I've never seen him play RB, he played CB in the Olympics and did well for being new to the posistion. He performs best in the holding MF role. But with a little coaching he could be a class CB.

is he creative in any way?

It's The Sun ffs, hardly a balanced and well written article.

I dont understand what ya mean - is the sun run by a tim or something?

It's run by Rupert Murdoch, not the timmiest of names.

yeah a know that - but for people not to like a paper cos he owns it, do they all have sky for example? :mutley:

is he creative in any way?

Yeah, he's pretty skillful for his size. What makes him so special is he is so versitalle. He could play Attacking MF if given the chance. But his best attribute is controling the MF, anytime he's in the game he has that ability to calm the mid field down and control the game.