The mood has changed

within us all now. Big Walter has brought a bit of optimism back to the mighty 'Gers. I cant help but imagine the state of our team if He had been left in charge for another six months:

No Ferguson, no Buffel, no Adam, no Mcgregor, no Boyd and He also stated that we didnt need strengthening in the January transfer window. Aghhh.

Good luck to Walter and Ally, lets get second place and see if we can challange Sellik next season.

WATP

in hindsight, it was terrible under PLG. I had my PLG specs on and with fake hope he would turn it around.

Good luck to the new managment

Jadams how civil of you. I must admit (for the umpteenth time) when we signed him I was anticipating something completely excellent but it didnt take long for me to realise what a numpty he was. I think firstly..................... (oh well its over now)

The biggest plus for me - and the subject of much debate among my mates - is that we have bona fide RANGERS men at the helm.

We've tried the continental approach to managing our club and finding a european direction under the "direction" of Dick Advocaat and PLG and it doesnt work.

Only Rangers men know what it means to play for us, only Rangers men know what the club means to us, and in my humble opinion only Rangers men should be groomed to manage our Club.

Even tho Walt and Co are not setting the world alight with their signing targets at the moment, i trust his judgement more than i did with plg - purely because Walt has been here before, and that holds more with me than blind faith in a foreign coach with ideas.

WE are the people

The biggest plus for me - and the subject of much debate among my mates - is that we have bonified RANGERS men at the helm.

We've tried the continental approach to managing our club and finding a european direction under the "direction" of Dick Advocaat and PLG and it doesnt work.

Only Rangers men know what it means to play for us, only Rangers men know what the club means to us, and in my humble opinion only Rangers men should be groomed to manage our Club.

Even tho Walt and Co are not setting the world alight with their signing targets at the moment, i trust his judgement more than i did with plg - purely because Walt has been here before, and that holds more with me than blind faith in a foreign coach with ideas.

WE are the people

He speaketh the truth (lw)

in hindsight, it was terrible under PLG. I had my PLG specs on and with fake hope he would turn it around.

Good luck to the new managment

Well said Jadams, I like you went along with the euphoria and media hype at the beginning, but took the opposite view to you the longer time went on. It takes a big man to say they were wrong something PLG has yet to recognise, but still chooses to blame others for his short comings

The biggest plus for me - and the subject of much debate among my mates - is that we have bona fide RANGERS men at the helm.

WE are the people

Not sure if I agree with this. Souness wasn't a Rangers man. Wenger wasn't an Arsenal man, Mourinho a Chelsea man or Ferguson a United man.

Being a lifelong supporter is not a qualification, it's a bonus. The most important thing is being a good manager.

I'd rather have a non-Rangers supporter who brought us success and glory than a dyed-in-the-wool bluenose who was a failure.

WE are the people

Not sure if I agree with this. Souness wasn't a Rangers man. Wenger wasn't an Arsenal man, Mourinho a Chelsea man or Ferguson a United man.

Being a childhood supporter is not a qualification, it's a bonus. The most important thing is being a good manager.

I'd rather have a non-Rangers supporter who brought us success and glory than a dyed-in-the-wool bluenose who was a failure.

:lol::lol: what an excellent title BEAST :lol::lol:

WE are the people

Being a childhood supporter is not a qualification, it's a bonus. The most important thing is being a good manager.

:lol::lol: what an excellent title BEAST :lol::lol:

Why thank-you ma'am :D

WE are the people

Being a lifelong supporter is not a qualification, it's a bonus. The most important thing is being a good manager.

Your points taken my friend - and its for those reasons that my mates and i had the debate.

We wont know how good or bad souness wouldve been as he didnt stick around long enough and it was Walt who took us on.

As for Jose and Arsene, thats fine for those respective clubs, but im not sure it would work here

What i was trying to say in my earlier post was if we could groom Rangers men to the calibre good enough to be Managers then that is the ideal solution for me.

People like Ally, Durranty, Billy Davies i would love to see as future bosses rather than foreign coaches.

But as you rightly pointed out, the right man should get the job....

Im only dreaming of an ideal world B)

I'm sure i read Souness in the paper maybe around a\year ago saying that because he played football on a Saturday when he was young he couldn't go to the games but that he went to Ibrox on midweek games on the train from Edinburgh and walked to the games with the Union Jack on his shoulder so i think he is a Rangers man

WE are the people

Your points taken my friend - and its for those reasons that my mates and i had the debate.

We wont know how good or bad souness wouldve been as he didnt stick around long enough and it was Walt who took us on.

As for Jose and Arsene, thats fine for those respective clubs, but im not sure it would work here

What i was trying to say in my earlier post was if we could groom Rangers men to the calibre good enough to be Managers then that is the ideal solution for me.

People like Ally, Durranty, Billy Davies i would love to see as future bosses rather than foreign coaches.

But as you rightly pointed out, the right man should get the job....

Im only dreaming of an ideal world B)

All good points.

(tu)

WE are the people

I agree - if you have a successful rangers manager who's a rangers man too, it's surely just good fortune. He will likely be successful wherever he goes.

within us all now. Big Walter has brought a bit of optimism back to the mighty 'Gers. I cant help but imagine the state of our team if He had been left in charge for another six months:

No Ferguson, no Buffel, no Adam, no Mcgregor, no Boyd and He also stated that we didnt need strengthening in the January transfer window. Aghhh.

Good luck to Walter and Ally, lets get second place and see if we can challange Sellik next season.

WATP

Maybe for most of you all, but Im not buying it.We were awful at Pars on Sunday & as we were against D.Utd the week afore.We are rotten from top to bottom & WS is a sticking plaster.