Sectarian Songs Yesterday

Muff

every one well behaved well done its just like a normal game now, the magic has gone.

Strachan, Le Guen, Lennon and Ferguson praised the support for their backing and signing.

I heard the Billy boys being sung twice

I must admit i got caught up in after we scored, but never sung it the first time

Other loyalist songs sung i heard/remember:

A Fathers Advice

Build My Gallows

The Sash

watch out jadams you will be accused of being a bigot ;)

every one well behaved well done its just like a normal game now, the magic has gone.

You have to decide what you want:

• 110% passion, blood, thunder, plus extreme bile and bigotry from the stands and up to a 100 arrests
  • Sunday.

You yourself are against bigotry, but you can't have it both ways.

imo the match was passionate, but the Rangers fans lacked singing, sectarian or otherwise. I heard a few half hearted attemps at RB - if others don't join in, you can't really blame Uefa for that. I heard one good belting of DW's. But that was about it.

in The Sun today Bill Leckie was talking about less sectarian songs than usual and mentioned that (paraphrasing) only a few No Surrenders and halfhearted The Sash

i never particularly thought that Derrys Walls was a bigotted song? its 'loyalist' or perhaps unionist/historical - but i cannot see how it is (and this is the main thing) discriminatory at all

I heard the Billy boys being sung twice

I must admit i got caught up in after we scored, but never sung it the first time

Other loyalist songs sung i heard/remember:

A Fathers Advice

Build My Gallows

The Sash

loyalist songs (whilst unnacceptable to some) arent banned because they are political songs. Which is how the sum get away with their disgusting rebel IRA supporting songs.

You can sing songs about Terrorist Murderer Nelson Mandela as long as you don't call him that Bl**K B*****d Terrorist Murderer Nelson Mandela .

:rolleyes:

(For the record, I fully support NM and have read all his books and agree wholeheartedly with the path he took in his life - I'm just using him here as a wicked example).

in The Sun today Bill Leckie was talking about less sectarian songs than usual and mentioned that (paraphrasing) only a few No Surrenders and halfhearted The Sash

i never particularly thought that Derrys Walls was a bigotted song? its 'loyalist' or perhaps unionist/historical - but i cannot see how it is (and this is the main thing) discriminatory at all

and the bass also happened to name the stands from which he heard it in so he is obviously gonna hear it in the main stand, a sit in the East enclosure and we were told at 1point to stop singin Derrys walls cos its sectarian that was wot the rock steady supervisor said, billy boys is banned for a reason, build my gallows a dnt think is sectarian and then the sash isnt sectarian and thats wot Joke McConnel said in parliament. Was nice to see he never mentioned them singin the solider song!! Leckie is just like McNee, Keevins and Speirs if theres a chance for them to slate the club they will do and no1 in the club does anythin bout it thats why they keep doin it week in week out but av always said if they dnt like wot we sing then they shouldnt go to the games its simple

derry's walls

A Fathers Advice

Build My Gallows

The Sash

aren't sectarian songs.. and aren't banned from ibrox.

we should be singing these more often. loud!

thats what i was on about danny not the ftp ur up to our knees, its the other songs that they are now trying to ban, which are not sectarian,and people are scared to sing thats why i said its just another game now.

Never heard the Billy Boys at the ground.

The police praised both sets of fans and said there was very little sectarian singing (see yesterday's Herald online).

No Billy Boys thats a rare ocurrence for a old firm game!!