RST AGM

Jimenez

Looking forward to it.

Will be good to hear an update on how things are progressing since the summer fallout.

I wonder if any former board members will be in attendance?

I doubt it.

Though I'd like to be proved wrong. Not wanting to go through what's in the past. I'd just like to see intelligent and good bears there to guide to help us move in the right direction.

Reading through the RST announcement I notice that in note 2. they are asking if anyone wants to ask a question the RST would like them to send the questions in first. Is this normal for agm's ?

Are the RST not leaving themselves open to more critisism by doing this. Their detractors could say they will only be answering questions they want to answer and have had time to think of the answers.

Never having been to any kind of agm before I really don't know if this is the done thing , but I would rather be hearing off the cuff answers to any important questions.

I hope some of the old board do turn up at the meeting as I'm sure most are still members. Could be interesting if they do.

Why did they break their own Rules by not giving proper notice of the meeting as prescribed by their constitution ?

In any properly run organisation, the Secretary's head would roll for that. :craphead:

Mind you, he wouldn't be the only board member leaving this week. :ph34r:

rhstat.jpg

Don't be an arse. Perhaps if you could put your issues aside and advise the RST as an ex board member you'd help an organization that represents a vast number of bears. Just a thought.

Why did they break their own Rules by not giving proper notice of the meeting as prescribed by their constitution ?

In any properly run organisation, the Secretary's head would roll for that. :craphead:

Mind you, he wouldn't be the only board member leaving this week. :ph34r:

As far as I am aware, the proper notice was given to members. I cant remember when I got my letter but it was probably a couple of weeks ago at least.

Unless you know differently of course.

Reading through the RST announcement I notice that in note 2. they are asking if anyone wants to ask a question the RST would like them to send the questions in first. Is this normal for agm's ?

Are the RST not leaving themselves open to more critisism by doing this. Their detractors could say they will only be answering questions they want to answer and have had time to think of the answers.

Never having been to any kind of agm before I really don't know if this is the done thing , but I would rather be hearing off the cuff answers to any important questions.

I hope some of the old board do turn up at the meeting as I'm sure most are still members. Could be interesting if they do.

I thought they were meaning that in order for motions to be properly fitted into the agenda, anyone who wanted to propose a motion on the day had the option of sending it in in advance in order to ensure they got onto the agenda. I recall it going on to say that if you just wanted to raise a motion/issue on the day you were free to do so.

Looking forward to it.

Will be good to hear an update on how things are progressing since the summer fallout.

I doubt it.

Though I'd like to be proved wrong. Not wanting to go through what's in the past. I'd just like to see intelligent and good bears there to guide to help us move in the right direction.

Agreed, I hope there is a much better turnout than for the SGM on July 6, where under 50 were in attendance and even some who were being appointed to the board could not attend.

it is normal for all sort of meetings of all sort of organisations.

A pre informed question will usually get a better informed answer.

And it doesn't prevent questions on the day.

That's strike 2.

Don't be an arse. Perhaps if you could put your issues aside and advise the RST as a non board member you'd help an organization that represents a diminishing number of bears. Just a thought.

Rules - who needs them, eh ?! Especially when they are only regulated by the poxy Financial Services Authority :ph34r:

The meeting on Saturday has not been properly convened, although that is unlikely to be of concern to the commander in chief.

Don't be an arse. Perhaps if you could put your issues aside and advise the RST as a non board member you'd help an organization that represents a diminishing number of bears. Just a thought.

Rules - who needs them, eh ?! Especially when they are only regulated by the poxy Financial Services Authority :ph34r:

The meeting on Saturday has not been properly convened, although that is unlikely to be of concern to the commander in chief.

In what way was it not properly convened?

If you are a member and didn't get notice report it to the FSA....

Looking forward to it.

I doubt it.

Agreed, I hope there is a much better turnout than for the SGM on July 6, where under 50 were in attendance and even some who were being appointed to the board could not attend.

Last years was a poor show I agree though it was still an interesting day. Stevie Smith puled no punches when talking about the mhedia. I'm hoping it'll be better attended this year.

Are you staying for the Scotland game? It would be good to have a beer or two mate.

Way to dodge my point by being totally childish.

In what way was it not properly convened?

If you are a member and didn't get notice report it to the FSA....

What day did you get your notice ?

What day were they posted ? I think we should be told.

You have asserted that it was not properly called.

The onus is on you to justify your allegation.

Just curious to see if any members of the RST think it would be a good idea to open up the AGM to a pre-determined amount of non-members for constructive chat on the issues being raised.

The Benefits

a) Its sometimes better to have a counter point to ensure its not just a back-slapping exercise.

b) Increases the profile of the RST with non-members for allowing access to and having discussion with RST dissenters(I use that word loosely as i cant think of the word i mean)

c) If the non-members like what they see then, increased membership for RST.

Interested in hearing your views guys...

You have asserted that it was not properly called.

The onus is on you to justify your allegation.

They (or at least some) were posted on Friday 22nd August.

So why did you ask :rolleyes:

No need to role your eyes. Still bitter from the split. Shame he can't get over himself.

Just curious to see if any members of the RST think it would be a good idea to open up the AGM to a pre-determined amount of non-members for constructive chat on the issues being raised.

The Benefits

a) Its sometimes better to have a counter point to ensure its not just a back-slapping exercise.

b) Increases the profile of the RST with non-members for allowing access to and having discussion with RST dissenters(I use that word loosely as i cant think of the word i mean)

c) If the non-members like what they see then, increased membership for RST.

Interested in hearing your views guys...

The AGM has to be a members only event. Otherwise nobody would become members or a vast majority of them wouldn't.

The RST is open for dialogue with all Rangers supporters through other channels.

The RST have and are continuing to meet with any RSC's to encourage non members to sign up. On top of that it can't be oblivious to everyone the work the RST have done recently.

Im still a member, but cannot attend, though I would if I could out of interest to see how things stand.

Im certain some RM members will be there, so hopefully will give us a run-down on how it went.

Issues discussed, relationship with the club, thoughts for the future etc.